Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Are Fieros really going up in value? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Are Fieros really going up in value? by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 07-03-2020 08:53 AM
Replies: 44 (1817 views)
Last post by: sledcaddie on 07-13-2020 02:52 PM
Zentaury

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZentaurySend a Private Message to ZentauryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Agreed. I like going for cruises but my experience with car shows is the same....

Bored wives pretending they want to be there.... Men who take stupid little plastic trophies and awards way too seriously... sitting in picnic chairs for hours with stern looks on their faces....hoping for admiration and compliments from strangers walking by. Some nameless radio station will be "live broadcasting" oldies from the 50's and 60's from a van with speakers that are way too loud.... and the crowd is largely over the hill people trying to overcome loss of hair and reduced testosterone levels with driving macho cars... The part that struck me the most, and I am not a young puppy either... is how little "fun" anyone was having. Very little social interaction even before Covid, very few laughs ... just people with serious looks on their faces staring ahead, displaying their $2 plastic trophies and awards as if they really meant anything in the real world... Definitely a strange scene! Cruises or races are fun- but I will skip car shows for sure..

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch.. these are just MY observations and opinions...

This is so funny and sad at the same time. But is so true.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Easy8:

I care less about winning anything when I show my cars. It is about seeing the cars and the few people who enjoy seing them....
The fun to me comes in a couple of ways. When I show the stock car I get a kick of seeing some one my age (yes its a big number) who aways wanted a Fiero and watching them relive thier youth looking over the car and the ocasional youngster who asks what is it. Normally a short chat results from both. Now when I show the choptop.. things are even better.. I always get the question of what is it, who makes it, .. This always leads to a short conversation and sometimes lenghtly explinations.

Yep.
Not all "car shows" are a like. Generally the "show" is an excuse to get together.
Plus Fiero "shows" are much more than a "show".

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Steel:

Prices are up in my area. I flip multiple every spring/summer/fall when I come across good deals. An '87 GT 5-spd with 67k new leather seat covers, carpet, tires and reclear and full buff $8100 from my yard. I spent $4600 on it total after refurbing it.

It all depends on your area, median income and presentation. Sold a few on bringatrailer as well at decent prices.

Great points.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

... sitting in picnic chairs for hours with stern looks on their faces....hoping for admiration and compliments...

Could just be RBF?

https://www.testrbf.com/

sledcaddie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since selling a previous 88 GT about 6 years ago, I had been continually searching for another 88 GT 5 speed. I, too, saw a few that were ASKING in the $20K (or more) range. BUT, I witnessed an 88 GT 5 speed, gold lace wheels, beechwood interior, 49K miles, asked $17k, and he sold it for $14,500. This was in the Atlanta area, and I would have bought it, but I was the 2nd caller. I witnessed another 88 GT 5 speed, gray interior, black lace wheels, with 11,900 miles, asked $19K, it sold for $17K. I saw another 88 on Bring your Trailer sell for $12K. So, I agree with others that talk about ASKING and GETTING, but there are still good quality, low mileage, Fiero's out there, and their pricing is definitely trending upwards. That previous GT (88 5 speed, 60K miles) that I sold 6 years ago went for $8200. (I tried to buy it back, but she wasn't interested).

I also agree that the Fiero is becoming more popular NOW, because it is still much less than a good 1969 Camaro or Chevelle, that are usually selling for 30K or more. I enjoy the Fiero because I've owned one for 35 years, and they are fun to drive. Sometimes, simpler is better.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock