New owner introduction by PaulM9999
Started on: 06-29-2020 07:02 PM
Replies: 9 (219 views)
Last post by: Quadfather on 06-30-2020 07:42 PM
PaulM9999

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulM9999Click Here to visit PaulM9999's HomePageSend a Private Message to PaulM9999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m the lucky next custodian of an ‘87 GT and want you all to know how helpful this community has been during my quest. I’ve been a lurker for awhile, and now hope to be welcomed into the club of actual owners.

The car was acquired through a Bring A Trailer auction and the previous owner couldn’t have been better to deal with. He kept meticulous records all the way back to his 1987 purchase and everything with the car was as advertised in the listing and through the auction’s peanut gallery chatter.

Since getting the car in my garage, it’s had a thorough detailing, bulbs have been replaced, and I’ve solved the door rattle problem thanks to the forum’s discussion about the Dorman Ford striker. Next up is a dew wipe replacement, new shocks, steering rack boots, and tie rod ends. If the budget permits, I’ll get the AC fixed.

I’ve wanted one of these cars ever since I was in high school in the 80’s, but only became serious about spending the money over the past year. I’ve really enjoyed driving it, even though it isn’t dialed in perfectly yet. I’m so grateful to this forum for so many threads- some of which are over 10 years old - that helped with determining which car I wanted and how to fix the various broken bits once I got one. You guys are all terrific.

------------------
‘87 GT, Black w/Gray, 5 speed

[This message has been edited by PaulM9999 (edited 06-29-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice clean GT you got there! Welcome to the forum
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome... the car looks great!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-29-2020).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT is a beautiful car.

Welcome to our obsession.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome aboard!

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul! Welcome to the club! Sometimes I look at the bid histories on BAT to see what other cars bidders have bid on. That's a diverse group in your list...
PaulM9999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulM9999Click Here to visit PaulM9999's HomePageSend a Private Message to PaulM9999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Hey Paul! Welcome to the club! Sometimes I look at the bid histories on BAT to see what other cars bidders have bid on. That's a diverse group in your list...

Thanks David; yes, some may call me quirky. Cars I admired in the 80’s/90’s and 50’s/60’s European models are of particular interest. The Fiero is sharing space with an MGA and a 911. International relations have never been better....at least in my garage.
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car! Looks like you got a winner.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
Featured in the 2018 Fiero Store calendar month of May
2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI S

RSJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RSJRSend a Private Message to RSJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome from another new owner as well. I am on week 2 with my new toy.
Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. Please post more photos of your new ride.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock