BARN FIND MERA ON E-BAY? by Karrnutt
Started on: 06-27-2020 04:00 PM
Replies: 9 (454 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 07-11-2020 08:04 AM
Karrnutt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KarrnuttSend a Private Message to KarrnuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very rough barn find Fiero/Mara? is listed on e-bay. It needs a lot of work but all the major parts are there, even has Mera badging? Is this a "lost Mera"? Check it out.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
link?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Karrnutt:

Is this a "lost Mera"? Check it out.

We'd love to. How about a link! (I can find no listing for a Mera on eBay.)

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-27-2020).]

hunter29

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw that listing, but the very first paragraph in the description states...

Here is a 1988 Pontiac Fiero V6 with 5 speed manual transmission. This is the "Magnum" Kit / Replica car of the 328 / 308, & a blank canvas! This kit was made up years ago from a manufacturer. Kits have not been in production for many years. This replica never got finished but looks like most of the parts are all there.

I dug a little deeper and found this image... but I suspect the only connection this kit car has to a MERA are those two medallions.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did see that listing. It's a 328 replica (Mera is a 308). It includes the Mera lettering and tail lights, that's it.

$6K seems a little steep for that, for the condition, even with the extras.

Bob
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I saw that listing, but the very first paragraph in the description states...

I dug a little deeper and found this image... but I suspect the only connection this kit car has to a MERA are those two medallions.

The Mera lettering is also done in an incorrect font. BTW, I have seen several kit cars that used the MERA tail light lenses and they often have a MERA1 letter string on the lens.

This is almost certainly a slightly modified F328 kit car and the parts look correct for that vehicle.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 06-28-2020).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im with Nelson on this one...not a MERA.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have exchanged correspondence with the guy and he says it is not a Mera. The Mera turn and tail light lenses may be the only Mera related items on the car.

Nelson
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone buy it?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock