These are my Fieros! by Zentaury
Started on: 06-17-2020 01:56 AM
Replies: 3 (383 views)
Last post by: Zentaury on 06-30-2020 10:43 AM
Zentaury

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZentaurySend a Private Message to ZentauryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... because of the trauma after the fire... I didn’t introduced my Fiero in this forum properly.
I have a notchback GT 1985 red, and a GT 1986 grey (I wish it was red, maybe later...).

And I am crazy because in the long term, I am looking for a red 84... to have the red trifecta.

The red one I bough it a year ago, has rust issues but is still ok, had a cracked head, I got a replacement and was back from the shop today. Is time to put everything back together.

The grey I bought when I less expected. But I wanted a fastback (hatchback?) and now I am rebuilding the brakes...

So I don’t have a Fiero to drive for summer.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zentaury:

Wait, Fieros are for *driving* ? I thought they were for working on, and holding down the garage floor. You mean they're supposed to *move* ? =))

-- A
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zentaury:

There's a lot of Summer left over. Maybe you should finish the brake job first so you can get some driving in.
Zentaury

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZentaurySend a Private Message to ZentauryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

There's a lot of Summer left over. Maybe you should finish the brake job first so you can get some driving in.

And that’s what I did!

Due to availability and cost (rotors, callipers and pads for the price of one Fiero calliper), I decided to go with the rear upgrade on the Grand Am brakes.

I bleeded the brakes levelling the master cylinder like Dremu posted it. I feel a difference in the braking power.

Sunday I drove to the beach with my wife, sunroof glass in the front compartment, windows down, enjoying the sun...

It was great!

Still things to fix some things on the car but is nice to enjoy driving it as a result of the efforts of learning how to do mechanic work.

And a lot I had learned from all the people here in the forum!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock