Started on: 06-15-2020 07:12 AM
Replies: 19 (942 views)
Last post by: Australian on 07-23-2020 01:56 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sorta looks like the car from the Wraith. I’m looking for a commuter car, and this might be it. Guess I need to see it in person...

https://newyork.craigslist....o-gt/7131415964.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ferrari badges all over...smh
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's definitely modeled after 'The Wraith' - which was a Dodge M4S prototype pace car. The Ferrari badges look ridiculous, and were probably added by the owner after the one that did the bodywork.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ponys would definitely go, and I’m a notchie fan, but if it runs decently...it’s hard to find a Fiero ‘round my neck of the woods...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't look all that bad (we've seen terrible customs) and who couldn't use a bigger trunk?

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-15-2020).]

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it, the badges would need to be replaced by wraith badges, and I would try to get it a little bit closer to the original with a 4th gen camaro spoiler and some sort of front lip spoiler in black.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Head lights would have to be addressed, it wouldn't pass inspection in CA I don't know about NY
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nope, I don't like it at all. Just my opinion of course, but I dont like it.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd question the integrity of the bodywork, especially that rear overhang...
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This tag is a Red Flag 🚩 to many Buyers...

Because Many Owners use "Historical" "Antique" and related Tags Just to skip State Inspections and often ignore rules go w/ them.
IOW often doesn't have a cat, installed crap "brake upgrade" w/ missing P-brake parts, etc.

Rules? Very short... These tags often won't allow a car to be driven to work, school, stores, etc. Insurance on cars w/ them often have same or more restricted rules as well. Look up these Special Tags for whatever state for more info. Car's w/ Body Mods may not get Historical tags in some states so may not apply in NY but someone at DMV didn't look carefully or mod was done after they apply for the tag.

Daily use cars must have a normal tag and pass Safety Inspections at minimum. Some States, or Regions of States, dropped Emission Inspection/Testing for old cars but can/will fail missing the Cat and other obvious issues.
Many places Can Fail you for iffy Light Mods, missing reflectors, etc, plus NY Inspections puts a car on a lift and will see missing P-brake cables and more and will Fail the car.

Many have poorly Mod'ed the Sail Panels and GT "windows" causing problems for cabin's Fresh Air. B pillar and these exit stale air out of the cabin to prevent Driver falling asleep or worse get high levels of CO because rear firewall often leaks exhaust fumes etc. (Heater/Ac box allows air to enter the cabin even when off or set to recirculate IE "Max AC.")

ETA-> Note that seems to say Odo Listed = engine miles... If Car's odo was "Rolled back" to that and doesn't reflect this on tittle etc is called Odo Fraud in most places.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 06-16-2020).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
His custom "cold air" filter setup is interesting.
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
Head lights would have to be addressed, it wouldn't pass inspection in CA I don't know about NY
Likely Not good in NY NJ and other states can drive in/thru too.

HL are installed way too low and seem to have illegal covers over them.
Beside can Fail inspection, State and other Police can stop you just having Covers over HL and Taillights.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 06-16-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

His custom "cold air" filter setup is interesting.

For sure! Nothing like unfiltered "cold" air feeding the intake!

From ad:

...great rebuilt engine about three years ago 16,000 on engine

That engine only has 16,000 miles on it? I bet.

Run, don't walk, from this ugly monstrosity!
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

I'd question the integrity of the bodywork, especially that rear overhang...

I also have concerns about the bodywork ... seems like there is probably a load of bondo under some of those areas ...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the advice/opinions guys
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2020 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That engine only has 16,000 miles on it? I bet.

Kind of my thoughts.
If that was rebuilt 16,000 miles ago, it was done poorly. No way should it be that crusty. There's grease/sludge everywhere.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2020 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

ETA-> Note that seems to say Odo Listed = engine miles... If Car's odo was "Rolled back" to that and doesn't reflect this on tittle etc is called Odo Fraud in most places.

My 88GT has an Odo designation just because I used the gauge cluster from another car. The engine swap required the use of a replacement cluster from the donor car (the cluster that came with the engine swap replaced the original Fiero cluster).
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2020 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
My 88GT has an Odo designation just because I used the gauge cluster from another car. The engine swap required the use of a replacement cluster from the donor car (the cluster that came with the engine swap replaced the original Fiero cluster).
You can Legally change/fix a dash but if the new/replacement odo doesn't match old odo then have to mark the title that Odo number basically means nothing now to sell the car. Many titles have a box for unknown miles.

Many old cars w/ 5 digit odo can roll over the odo at 100,000 have same problem and you often need to mark the title showing low numbers. Or just check a box Miles exceed Odo Digits, over 100,000 miles, etc.

Either/Both are on the back of most titles.

Odo Fraud is just that. You write a bogus number and sign the Title, BoS, etc. saying is true to sell a car.

Many states track odo number every time the car gets inspections or register renewal. Most states, insurance co, and others track that data every time sold. Is big reason why Carfax et al can say odo numbers look like Odo Fraud or not.

Odo Fraud can find you in Civil and Criminal Courts in many places.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are looking for a commuter car right? This 30+ year old car wont do it, let alone pass state inspection. There are too many violations of motor vehicle laws here. just to name a few; blacked out taillights, headlights sitting far too low and no markings as to the brand of the car . I'd add my name to the list of people that say, stay away.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

It's definitely modeled after 'The Wraith' - which was a Dodge M4S prototype pace car. The Ferrari badges look ridiculous, and were probably added by the owner after the one that did the bodywork.

I enjoyed the race scene wasn't expecting the parked across road crash.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock