Finally! Stock looking floor mats by Modesto
Started on: 06-12-2020 10:07 PM
Replies: 8 (481 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 06-28-2020 11:11 AM
Modesto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2020 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ModestoSend a Private Message to ModestoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, for a saddle '88 interior at least.

I compared 10 or so colors and styles of carpet from Lloyd to make sure I got the closest match possible. Ended up being #520 which I'm pretty sure is what The Fiero Store uses but I really felt like the black emblem was out of place given how little black there is in the interior. Went with thread color #906 and I think I nailed it--looks much more stock to me than the black emblem.

P.S I'm sure these came with floor mats from the factory, but why do I feel like I have never seen a car with them? Do they just blend in very well?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2020 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They do match perfectly and do not have any logo. I'd take a picture of mine but can't open my doors right now because the car is packed in tight.
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock floor mats are made of the same material as the carpet, and they fit perfectly, so they are hard to detect in pictures.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's one in the junkyard.... Black logo, but I don't know if it is factory original or GM-approved aftermarket. Carpet looks like a finer weave.

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Here's one in the junkyard.... Black logo, but I don't know if it is factory original or GM-approved aftermarket. Carpet looks like a finer weave.

Not factory, just GM approved > https://www.lloydmatsstore....JEAAYASAAEgKCgPD_BwE
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That makes sense.... The Lloyd's logo I am sure wasn't on the factory originals!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have purchased some really great looking mats from Lloyds. Fine products.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2020 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OE floor mats are made w/ same carpet as rest of car w/ heavy "rubber" underlay.
But most to all Driver side ones doesn't have plastic area where feet eats up carpet under pedals. So many wear out then get thrown.

Fiero and many other mats don't have anything that keep them moving forward.
So many are "bent" over at best and often stay that way. Some can cause problems w/ gas and clutch pedals too because get stuffed behind them. (Brake pedal doesn't move much to have mat problems.)

D-side shown some wear on edges and white areas next to gray © is where feet digs. Also some bending on front but bit hard to see here.
The "rubber" back on both have issues too.
P-side is flat only because no-one there most times.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 06-19-2020).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Fiero and many other mats don't have anything that keep them moving forward.
So many are "bent" over at best and often stay that way. Some can cause problems w/ gas and clutch pedals too because get stuffed behind them. (Brake pedal doesn't move much to have mat problems.)

Our 88 factory floor mats came with "Velcro" sewed to the back near the seat side that grabs the rug to prevent it from moving - of course this just has made the carpet underneath get all fuzzy over the years of lifting the floor mats to clean underneath.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock