Fieros Forever parts : need to pick up by June 2nd by Midwest Fiero Clubs
Started on: 05-26-2020 10:01 PM
Replies: 16 (706 views)
Last post by: 1985FieroGT on 05-29-2020 05:52 PM
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Linda (Tim Evans wife) wants to let everyone in the Fiero community know "any parts they want are available for the next week only. They have all been sorted and put outside near their destroyed building. They need to be picked up by this time next week as they must get the area cleaned up. Please pass the word along."

Pics courtesy the Michgan Fiero Club

Please remember you can donate to them at:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/...ign=m_pd+share-sheet
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are we to read that as "free parts, you haul"?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is hard to look at. But at the same time I'm glad they didn't just haul all the cars off to the crusher.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pHoOl:

Are we to read that as "free parts, you haul"?

They would have to be. There's no way anyone would actually consider charging someone for those parts.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-27-2020).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very painful to look at indeed.
Yorgle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YorgleSend a Private Message to YorgleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

They would have to be. There's no way anyone would actually consider charging someone for those parts.

Yorgle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YorgleSend a Private Message to YorgleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yorgle

39 posts
Member since Nov 2018

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I dunno- many of those parts shouldn't be worse for having gotten wet, e.g., wheels, body panels, glass. I hope he gets at least some compensation to soften the blow. It's hard to see someone's work get trashed like that. Nature surely can be a beast sometimes.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone gone to get any parts? I’m headed that way this weekend. Would it be worthwhile to go pick stuff up? I have access to a truck and 14’ trailer.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Supercharged
Rear Engine Shop on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/fast88fiero

Miller5862

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miller5862Send a Private Message to Miller5862Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres an upside down white gt... the water must have came through so fast...

Im assuming not free but the wording does make it seem free. I have a 18ft car hauler if it is ill take most that pile lol. Id feel horrible taking free knowing all the cars were going to be auctioned prob to supplement that retirement.

They should charge admission and limit you to what you can carry like 20 bucks to come in take all you can by hand lol. You want to go again its another 20.

[This message has been edited by Miller5862 (edited 05-27-2020).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Has anyone gone to get any parts? I’m headed that way this weekend. Would it be worthwhile to go pick stuff up? I have access to a truck and 14’ trailer.

I send you a PM.

What a darn shame they were wiped out by the flood.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Very painful to look at indeed.

Painful. Tears. No words.
PFF
System Bot
Ron Moen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ron MoenSend a Private Message to Ron MoenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The date to pick up any of the (free) Fiero parts has been moved up from June 2 to May 31

Ron Moen
Michigan Fiero Club
May 28, 2020
arbakken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arbakkenSend a Private Message to arbakkenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 26 hours away and obviously can't come, but if someone happens to run across a luggage rack and a complete sunroof latch I'd be really stoked!
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone see's an MY8 transmission laying around quietly send me a pm.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2020 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miller5862:

Theres an upside down white gt... the water must have came through so fast...

Im assuming not free but the wording does make it seem free. I have a 18ft car hauler if it is ill take most that pile lol. Id feel horrible taking free knowing all the cars were going to be auctioned prob to supplement that retirement.

They should charge admission and limit you to what you can carry like 20 bucks to come in take all you can by hand lol. You want to go again its another 20.

I would guess the cars are insurance payouts, but who knows on the parts?
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Stopped by yesterday. I had a long list of stuff I wanted and was told it was a little aggressive to fit into the free catagory... but I was able to bring out a few greenbacks to smooth things over. Ended up going home some very nice stuff and exactly what I needed to fix up my new 88GT that was missing many parts.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 05-29-2020).]

1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I understand it there was some misinformation... I think they want something but I don’t know how much. 989-687-2905 is their home number... call ahead and see their idea of money.

For the time I’ve known Tim, he’s always been high minded and high priced on his stuff. Hopefully he isn’t too high only because he has to liquidate.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock