Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieros Forever gofundme ((Dam Failure and destruction)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieros Forever gofundme ((Dam Failure and destruction) by 1985FieroGT
Started on: 05-24-2020 03:26 PM
Replies: 6 (403 views)
Last post by: gldkarma on 06-01-2020 05:37 PM
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[url=]https://www.gofundme.com/f/fieros-forever-flood-relief?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet[/url]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the link- I tried earlier in the other thread and whatever I was doing wasn't working.....

If a we each give a small amount it would really help this guy out....Stand together!
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85 Fierogt.... I want to thank you so much for posting this message and link. I was so shocked and broken hearted when I heard this news last week, and still can't get over it. We all love our Fieros so much. You know the feeling. This guy had a whole museum full of them. And now their all lost to the flood. This fund raising plan is such a good idea.... thanks to all of you who partisopated.

... And while I have you here... Im baffeled that I never heard of Fieros Forever. In my 21 years of Fiero involvement, I never heard, or heard mention of this museum. Im so into the Fiero theres a good chance I would have visited this place. I sure hope that buy some miracle this person can save at least part of his valued collection and continue on with his passion... the same passion we all have for this fun little car....
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:
I sure hope that buy some miracle this person can save at least part of his valued collection and continue on with his passion.

Not that it really matters, but Tim was actually downsizing/retiring. (Hell of a retirement, eh?) All of those cars were supposed to be auctioned off in April.
When the COVID hit, the auction was postponed until July. Sad.
With that said, I'm not sure what kind of insurance he had. Or, indeed, if he was covered at all.

I have heard that all of the cars will inherit "salvage" titles. Some states allow "rebuilt" titles, after a thorough rework of the affected areas, and an inspection.
The good news (if there is any to be gleaned from all this) is that the water damage was all fresh water, unlike most hurricane flood damage. So the electrical and/or corrosion damage may not be as severe.

(FWIW, I tried to donate yesterday, and there was an "error" on the page. I will try again.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-25-2020).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey people- lets do what we can to help Tim Evans out- He was about to retire and has now lost everything in a flood.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have not done so already, I encourage donating to Tim on the gofundme account.
He is most certainly one of our own and was at a critical moment in his life... retirement.

Thank you guys....
gldkarma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a note that the 'Szpara Car Club' donation to the GoFundMe effort should be listed as the 'Golden Gate Fieros' in the San Francisco Bay Area. We were all just sick to see and hear about this and there have been some additional individual donations from our folks also. I'll post the info about the auction to our group email site as well. Best of luck and thinking about you during this sad time.

[This message has been edited by gldkarma (edited 06-01-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock