|Originally posted by Modesto:|
was going to have it back in the car by the end of next week.
Well if you're that close to the finish line, complete what you have now, drive around a bit, and decide if you want to sell the engine.
Should you decide to sell the engine, you'll be able to say it's been tested and the buyer could hear it running in your car before you pull the engine.
|Originally posted by Modesto:$1000 sounds like a good deal, I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is if it's still a good deal for my situation...|
Double that to cover the ancillary expenses, then triple the calculated time and money to arrive at a realistic figure.
Also, I see paint on the bearing surfaces for the head bolts. Clean that off with a small wirebrush on a Dremel. If the paint crushes with the force of the head bolts, the head gasket could lose compression.
[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 05-22-2020).]