Started on: 05-20-2020 09:38 PM
Replies: 59 (2070 views)
Last post by: Midwest Fiero Clubs on 06-12-2020 11:52 AM
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ll also say this nicely and lovingly but want to point out as well that he has always had high minded prices on his cars before the damage... so I hope he’ll wheel and deal but he definitely had some very high evaluations in the past. But all of his most precious cars were all flooded and even pushed out the back of the shop into the ditch. Everything is very damaged, besides the ones that floated around town.
IP: Logged
1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1985FieroGT

3835 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Hmm, not sure how that got posted a 2nd time....
1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1985FieroGT

3835 posts
Member since Sep 2002
I found this on one of the Recall Whitmer pages on facebook:

The plot thickens
of Wixom Lake, the EGLE and the MDNR, Boyce agreed to raise the water to its normal summer level.In September 2019, Boyce applied for a permit from the EGLE to reduce the water level of the Wixom Impoundment, again, due to concern for the safety of its operators and the downstream community. On November 12, 2019, not having received a permit but believing its safety concerns were paramount, Boyse began to reduce the water level of the Wixom impoundment. Although the EGLE’s Water Resources Divisionand Michigan Department of Natural Resources ultimately denied Boyce’s permit on November 25, 2019, Boycecontinued with the drawdown while it appealed that denial. That appeal is still pending.In April 2020, again under pressure from the shoreline residents of Wixom Lake, the EGLE and the MDNR, Boycebegan to raise the level of the Wixom impoundment and normal pond level was reached during the first week of

May. Before Boyce did so, the EGLE issued it a permit to raise the impoundment, despite the fact that the EGLEDam Safety division was well aware of the Edenville Dam’s inability to meet even 50% of the PMF standard.Boyce’s actions to lower the Wixom impoundment to preserve the integrity of the Edenville dam and protect itspersonnel and downstream residents and property were done under threat of a lawsuit by the MichiganAttorney General’s Office for millions of dollars in damages for allegedly killing freshwater mussels as a result ofthe two winter drawdowns.“The State agencies clearly care more about mussels living in the impoundment than they do about the peopleliving downstream of the dams,” said Lee Mueller, Co-Member Manager of Boyce Hydro, LLC.On April 29, 2020, Boyce filed suit against the EGLE, the MDNR and certain high-level officials in those agenciesin the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan for multiple violations arising out of theirregulation and oversight of the Edenville Dam. Two days later, on May 1, 2020, the Michigan Attorney General’s Office, the EGLE and the MDNR responded by filing suit against Boyce in the Circuit Court of Ingham County,seeking damages as a result of freshwater mussel deaths allegedly caused by the two winter drawdowns
Mussel protection from Ag of Mi Nessel? Whitmer knew of this
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’d love to get my hands on one of the GTs to repair. I’d also like to help them in any way. Like I said my mother in law lives right around the corner. I’m just at a loss of what to even say at this point.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Supercharged
Rear Engine Shop on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/fast88fiero

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just sick as to what happened to these people in Midland, Michigan and the Fiero owners. God oh mighty, to see these Fiero's ruined makes me sick. Took my 85 GT for a cruise and felt a little quilty. Guess you have to own a Fiero to feel this pain for our fellow Fiero brothers.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yellow_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow_fieroClick Here to visit yellow_fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to yellow_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2020 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully the red tape doesn't break him down on his financial recovery.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Autoweek's main story today about Fieros Forever being flooded.

https://www.autoweek.com/ne...ford-michigan-flood/
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Autoweek's main story today about Fieros Forever being flooded.

https://www.autoweek.com/ne...ford-michigan-flood/

And a couple more news articles:

Michigan floods from breached dams consume Pontiac Fiero collection
“We’ve never had an event like this,” Michigan's city manager Brad Kaye said in a Detroit News story. "What we're looking at is an event that is the equivalent of a 500-year flood." Kaye is referencing the catastrophic flood that occurred in central Michigan this week after heavy rainfall was compounded by two breached dams on the Tittabawassee River. Report

Read in Autoblog: https://apple.news/A5JbjfqjETbK4x8vzMQVocA

Pontiac Fiero Repair Shop and Museum Destroyed by Michigan Floods
It hurts to see something like this. From all reports, Fieros Forever was a work of love by a man named Tim Evans, and his specialty shop worked on, preserved, and displayed Pontiac’s sporty little mid-engined runabout. The shop, located in Midland, Michigan, was struck by floodwaters that were released when the Edenville Dam failed

Read in Automobile: https://apple.news/ArtW8eoYVQvGROoVfc1lUDA

------------------
FierOmar

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985FieroGT:
The plot thickens

Indeed it does. I did not want to introduce politics into this thread. Not knowing the players in your post I looked at standard news sources and posted in T/OT.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/125008.html#p3

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If something is organized as far as help goes someone let me know. I’m more than willing to help out.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Supercharged
Rear Engine Shop on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/fast88fiero

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this on internet news, I haven't been on the board in a while due to personal reasons. However when I saw this on the news, I am as crushed as everyone else. I offer Tim my condolences. I am too far away to help, but I might be interested in the Indy, or Indy parts cars. I do have a couple weeks vacation coming, and its going to be hot here soon in Florida. So maybe I can help out some and get out of the heat for a couple weeks. I can be reached at 904 347 9662, text only, no voice mail.
Ron Moen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ron MoenSend a Private Message to Ron MoenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Michigan Fiero Club helped in the cleanup yesterday. We did a lot of sorting of Fiero parts as part of Tim Evans collection.

You can help with a donation at:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/...forever-flood-relief
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2020 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something I learned is that if you live in an area with a dammed river system, you are in peril of a 100 year or 500 year flood event at the turn of a switch. Multiple times and at anytime they decide it's needed, yes, those areas can be flooded. The reason can be hundreds of miles away upstream in the system. So it doesn't mean it'll be 100 or 500 years before you see it flood again.

Per the 100 year and 500 year flood levels, FEMA and the Army Corp of Engineers know where these elevations are located and it's illustrated in maps. It may be important or at least interesting to learn where that elevation is for some of you. I've got a lot near a major river with a creek bordering 2 sides which will flood in heavy, heavy rains. Since then I learned there's an easement across part of it for water flooding and STORAGE. Storage being a lower level, but it's still at the 100 yr level. There have been two occasions in 20 yrs that notable amounts of water have accumulated (probably the 100 level). The road is just above the 100 year level. There are definitions for these areas that matter for zoning, developing, insurance and such. Mine isn't in a "flood plain". It's called a "back water". It still floods. For my area the 100 and 500 levels change from time to time, always increasing at the 500 year elevation.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are all in danger of floods/Hurricanes/Tornadoes/droughts and wildfires from extreme wind events.......These will become much more prevalent in the future.

I was going to move to N. CA and live in a small town and go boating every day on Trinity lake- Now, the lake has been empty 5 out of 10 years due to drought, the heat waves up there (Used to be 90-100) are 105-115, and I used to ponder "Live outside of town (No noisy neighbors but fear of wildfires) or in town (No wildfires but noisy neighbors)"....But two years ago they had a wildfire go into REDDING which is a CITY and burn a whole subdivision, because of 70-90 mph straight-line winds!

Fieros forever has a GoFundMe site going.....If you can, send them a little money (Obviously if you re not in financial trouble at the moment)
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2020 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are different issues than my sharing. I'm still pointing out what people consider to be the tamed river system of dams like where (Fieros Forever is located). Look up your FEMA Flood map if you're on a dammed river system. If Tim knew where the 500 year level was maybe he could've move some farther. They positively KNOW where the water will flood to in 500 year events. You can prepare. Fires, you can't. Winds, you can't. Drug addicts, you can't.

You don't have 100 and 500 year floods on them in those intervals anymore. It's done with a switch on a control board even when there aren't failures.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2020 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don’t know if Tim is looking to rebuild a collection, but I bought Harold “Hoot” Hooten’s low mileage Indy in 2005. I can’t afford to donate it, if I sell it I’d be putting the money into my next restoration. But would consider selling it. 16,000 miles, pretty much perfect condition.
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2020 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock