HP Tuners by blazin'
Started on: 05-03-2020 06:28 PM
Replies: 4 (229 views)
Last post by: OntarioKev on 05-10-2020 03:14 PM
blazin'

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2020 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blazin'Send a Private Message to blazin'Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To those with experience with HP Tuners. I found a mpvi locally, (the older model, not mpvi2) for 200 cdn. Are these still being used and how do they compare to the latest hardware? Is it worth picking this up, or am I best going with a mpvi2? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2020 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an MPVI pro and it is around 10 years old and still works fine and is still supported. Some new software features may not work on the older models and you will have to buy credits to tune anything. So you have to compare the total price to make the old one work versus how much the latest model costs with everything working and its brand new.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2020 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO, HP Tuners is one of the best scanning and tuning software suites on the market. Its user friendly, it provides a log feature and it works on most on any laptop. If you purchase a used unit that must be for the interface MPVI box for it all to work. That box will indicate on your HP software VCM editor, if you have tuning credits available.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

blazin'

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2020 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blazin'Send a Private Message to blazin'Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the insight fellas. I decided to hold off on the tuner for the time being since I'm so early into the swap. When the time comes I'll pick up the MVPI2 based on its availability.
OntarioKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2020 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OntarioKevSend a Private Message to OntarioKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little late to the post. I kept my mPVI for years, until I needed a new one to support a vehicle I wanted to tune. If you look at the supported vehicles list there is a sub number (I think its a 2) beside vehicles that need the MPVI2 to work with.

If you don't need an MPVI2 for anything you want to work with, you can stay with the original version.

That being said I don't see much advantage to saving $100 on a used unit, unless it has either available credits, or unlocked years on it that you would use.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock