Started on: 04-30-2020 08:52 PM
Replies: 7 (332 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 05-05-2020 04:29 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2020 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone with a GT factory wing open their decklid and measure the distance between the mounting nuts? I need the distance from the center of each stud. Also does the notchback wing have different spacing on the mounts or the same as the GT?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2020 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early wingstands only fit notchies, when fastback GT was introduced in 86 all the wingstands fit both body styles, having three mounting holes.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2020 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Early wingstands only fit notchies, when fastback GT was introduced in 86 all the wingstands fit both body styles, having three mounting holes.

This is a pic of a notchback decklid with the factory wing removed. I assume the drilled holes would be for the factory wing and the green dot that I added would be where the GT mounting studs would be located?

This is a pic to the factory wingstand and I assume the empty hole at the bottom would be to relocate the stud to mount on either vehicle?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-01-2020).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone get me those simple measurements? I just need a stud to stud measurement from under the decklid.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think everyone is looking under their decklid and seeing one of the studs hides down in a deep recess, making an accurate measurement difficult. Mine is wingless, so I'm no help. I'm not super confident where the second hole is supposed to be.

Easiest way to measure accurately would be to measure the spacing between the holes on the top side of the decklid. Surely someone out there has a spare decklid with wing removed they can measure? Help the man out.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 05-02-2020).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

..... one of the studs hides down in a deep recess, making an accurate measurement difficult.

Crap, I forgot about that. It's impossible to get an accurate measurement. How about this......anyone with a wingstand in hand, please measure the stud distance and let me know
Frenchrafe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2020 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Measured 147mm.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rafe

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. Sticky tyres. Driven hard!

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2020 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frenchrafe:

Measured 147mm.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Rafe

Thank you very much.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors