Started on: 04-08-2020 04:02 AM
Replies: 8 (345 views)
Last post by: ericjon262 on 04-29-2020 06:08 PM
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently began converting my car to DBW, one of the challenges that presented was a mount for the pedal. I made my own using a piece of steel and created a drawing with the dimensions so it may be reproduced. there are 3 files, a PDF, a DXF, and a DWG, you can send it to a laser cutter and have it cut, or you can save a few bucks and print the PDF and use it as a guide to drill the pattern yourself. The pattern is based on a 2009 Impala pedal into a 1985 Fiero, but as far as I am aware it should fit all years. The pedal could also be shimmed to adjust height from floor for driver's preference. while I am providing this free of charge, I ask that you not reproduce it for profit without cutting me in for my work.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

https://drive.google.com/dr...gMDkUnO6?usp=sharing

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

cognita semper

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
. Nice install. Assume that the DBW will be for a late 3800 or LS4 engine? If so we have read reports that some DBW PCM's can be difficult to program for use in a stand alone application.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, almost all late model engines use drive by wire throttles, in fact, I'm not aware of a car that has a throttle body and doesn't use one. as far as I am aware, GM pedals are the same electrically, meaning they have 2 position sensors operating on a 0-5V scale, so it is my belief (I have not verified, nor do I intend to) that it doesn't particularly matter which GM pedal you use as long as you wire it correctly to the PCM or TAC.

in my case, I'm using this pedal setup with an LS4 throttle body on an LX9 3500. I'm controlling it with a DBWX2 controller, and an MS3 Pro

https://www.dbwx2.com/

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

cognita semper

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ericjon262

3082 posts
Member since Jan 2010
important update!

When I pulled the pedal from JY, the car I pulled it from was labeled as a 2009, and was an impala. so I assumed it was a 2009 impala. after seeing pictures of a 2009 impala pedal, I'm not so certain it was from a 2009 impala. the pedal you will need looks like this

According to Orielly auto parts, this fits 2006-2007 Monte Carlo's and Grand Prix's. the triangle shaped plastic spacer gets removed and thrown away. I'll update the drawings tonight to reflect this.

------------------

cognita semper

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

yes, almost all late model engines use drive by wire throttles, in fact, I'm not aware of a car that has a throttle body and doesn't use one. as far as I am aware, GM pedals are the same electrically, meaning they have 2 position sensors operating on a 0-5V scale, so it is my belief (I have not verified, nor do I intend to) that it doesn't particularly matter which GM pedal you use as long as you wire it correctly to the PCM or TAC.

in my case, I'm using this pedal setup with an LS4 throttle body on an LX9 3500. I'm controlling it with a DBWX2 controller, and an MS3 Pro

https://www.dbwx2.com/

That's really high end stuff that you chose. The MS3pro is a wideband based PCM that is self tuning. Looks like you are set up for some high performance. Let us know how it works out.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

That's really high end stuff that you chose. The MS3pro is a wideband based PCM that is self tuning. Looks like you are set up for some high performance. Let us know how it works out.

I've put quite a few nice parts in this build, there's a thread for it in the tech section, link is in my signature.

------------------

cognita semper

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

important update!

When I pulled the pedal from JY, the car I pulled it from was labeled as a 2009, and was an impala. so I assumed it was a 2009 impala. after seeing pictures of a 2009 impala pedal, I'm not so certain it was from a 2009 impala. the pedal you will need looks like this

According to Orielly auto parts, this fits 2006-2007 Monte Carlo's and Grand Prix's. the triangle shaped plastic spacer gets removed and thrown away. I'll update the drawings tonight to reflect this.

Rev 1 of the drawing is up and ready for use,

------------------

cognita semper

arbakken

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2020 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arbakkenSend a Private Message to arbakkenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes, almost all late model engines use drive by wire throttles, in fact, I'm not aware of a car that has a throttle body and doesn't use one

It's semantics, but all gasoline engines that don't have carburetors have at least one throttle body.

Thanks for this, hopefully it'll mate up to the DBW pedal from my ecotec! I'll probably know this evening when I get the pedal out
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arbakken:

It's semantics, but all gasoline engines that don't have carburetors have at least one throttle body.

Thanks for this, hopefully it'll mate up to the DBW pedal from my ecotec! I'll probably know this evening when I get the pedal out

No prob.

The statement wasn't that cars use TB's. (carbs do too), it was that pretty much everything newer than about 2006, uses a DBW pedal with no mechanical link between the pedal and throttle.

------------------

cognita semper

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock