The Fiero Factory needs some help by FieroG97J
Started on: 03-31-2020 09:56 AM
Replies: 19 (1066 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 04-19-2020 03:03 PM
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked with Jeremy at The Factory recently about doing some work on one of my cars. He told me that he's the only one wrenching right now as the work slowed down so much he had to send guys home. I got the feeling that the slowdown started even before the virus hit. Most of us would agree that the Factory needs to stay up and running. My point is if you need work done on your cars that you can't or don't want to do yourself, I would hope that some of us could step up and drive, tow dolly or tow some work up to AL to help the Factory get over this tough spot.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is he on PFF? he should be.
Here is a website
https://thefierofactory.com/
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeremy used to post here as "fierotech".

Generally, he was just too busy to spend a bunch of time, here.
FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since he seems now to have a one man operation, he likely has no time to post. The best thing we can do is send him some work.
sledcaddie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always read lots of different things about the Fiero Factory. As a Fiero owner for over 35 years, I've always wanted to visit there, but being 900 miles away, makes it difficult. I've heard it is merely a scrap yard, with a shop attached. I've also heard it is a Fiero specialty business, that features engine swaps. Either way, it would be a shame if ANY Fiero source went out of business during this economic/medical crisis.
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am here. Thanks, Dave.

Ironically I just started a GoFundMe page this afternoon, and made some changes to my website and posted on Facebook.

The whole story is on the home page of my website, www.thefierofactory.com

Please feel free to click through and catch up on what's gone on for the last decade, and where we are now. And if anyone wants to donate a buck or two to get us through this pandemic thing that's wiping us and the rest of the country out, go to www.gofundme.com/f/the-fier...ctory-covid-hardship for my GoFundMe account.

Thanks all, hang in there and be safe!

Jeremy Biggs
The Fiero Factory

FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing the Fiero Factory story, Jeremy. I'm still a couple of weeks away from getting my 88 Coupe to you for work, but I'm doing the best I can myself right now. I don't know how this sounds, but is there any way (with the help of the AL Fiero guys) you could put on a Flea Market like we had in the old days? I haven't talked with Ed in quite a while, but if he's able to travel, I bet he'd like to be there. The younger generation of Fiero fans have likely not experienced something like the Flea Market. I still wear my old Fiero shirts that I bought each year there. Just a thought. I'd be interested to hear from others on this idea. It just might relight the Fiero fires.
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Thanks for sharing the Fiero Factory story, Jeremy. I'm still a couple of weeks away from getting my 88 Coupe to you for work, but I'm doing the best I can myself right now. I don't know how this sounds, but is there any way (with the help of the AL Fiero guys) you could put on a Flea Market like we had in the old days? I haven't talked with Ed in quite a while, but if he's able to travel, I bet he'd like to be there. The younger generation of Fiero fans have likely not experienced something like the Flea Market. I still wear my old Fiero shirts that I bought each year there. Just a thought. I'd be interested to hear from others on this idea. It just might relight the Fiero fires.

We will have to wait until this pandemic thing is over to evaluate and consider that...if we planned to do it this month, we are forbidden by law at the moment. But it certainly can be considered, when/if we get past the current crazy.

Jeremy B.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2020 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps he meant a "virtual" flea market? Lay out a bunch of parts and have live streaming for people to bid or offer to purchase? Nobody in their right mind would suggest an actual flea market for the next few months.... Scary times
FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2020 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually I was thinking of an in person meet like we used to have, but not until the pandemic is in our rear view mirror. We certainly would not want a large gathering in these times.

Dave K.
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2020 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Howdy Ya'll,
"The Fiero Factory" is an essential component of the Fiero community, don't let it disappear because of this temporary economic situation. Please visit the Go-Fund-Me page at https://www.gofundme.com/f/...ign=m_pd+share-sheet and donate what you can to keep this invaluable resource viable.
Thank you, MrMike.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that the Fiero Factory has hit hard times. When things go bad and you wish to raise capital, just liquidate your vast parts collection at cheap prices. I just cleaned out a good portion of what was in my garage and sold them off at low low prices. Everything sold quickly, transmissions, console skeletons, air vents, wheels, facias, etc. I undercut them all ( still do) and Fiero owners just could not refuse the deals. Point is that selling at a fraction of what the parts were worth generated some quick capital and freed up some space. Sell cheap and people will gobble the stuff up. Sell high and the stuff sits, and sits and sits. Your parts are worth nothing just sitting there. "Half a loaf is better than none".

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2020 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the advice, Dennis. I will take that into consideration.

Jeremy B.
ra11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2020 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ra11Send a Private Message to ra11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Jeremy - from my other post you may see I list out on my dream purchase just 2 weeks ago and have cash burning a hole in my pocket. I can PM you if you’d be prepared to help provide a clone of the dream car I missed out on?
Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2020 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ra11:

Hi Jeremy - from my other post you may see I list out on my dream purchase just 2 weeks ago and have cash burning a hole in my pocket. I can PM you if you’d be prepared to help provide a clone of the dream car I missed out on?

I appreciate you inquiring, however I don't have any 308 kit cars nor the resources to build one.

Hope you find one!

Jeremy
ra11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ra11Send a Private Message to ra11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2020 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta admit I am now very seriously considering sending my 88 sent down there for you to do my 4.9 swap... Life is in the way for me to do it in a reasonable amount of time (even though I already have 90% of the parts to do the swap) and I would like to help the cause. I wonder what the logistics of shipping my car and all the parts down to you would be.......

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2020 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called F.F. about a steering rack. Whoever I spoke with quoted me a very high price. So I contacted another supplier on here and received that rack at a fraction of the price. The rack was in excellent shape. So yes Dennis, half a loaf is better than none.
If F,F, does have a meet, I will be there though, and I will bring plenty of cash.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can speak from personal experience that Jeremy’s work is top notch and he stands behind it!!! I had a 4.9 that his shop did. The sound was fantastic and the look was equally sweet. Ive been there many times and just wandered around the yard he has. All those cars have stories. Great guy and a very fun place.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

I called F.F. about a steering rack. Whoever I spoke with quoted me a very high price. So I contacted another supplier on here and received that rack at a fraction of the price. The rack was in excellent shape. So yes Dennis, half a loaf is better than none.
If F,F, does have a meet, I will be there though, and I will bring plenty of cash.

The FF needs to examine how much revenue they have derived from the sale of parts and if it is low, they must consider adjusting the price downward. In you case the FF lost the sale that I don't believe was a wise business decision. Except for select parts, Fiero components are not rare nor are they in short supply. I know a large parts dealer who has been trying to sell his entire collection off for at least three years. He won't budge on price and still has it all. Smart, you decide.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-19-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock