Started on: 03-30-2020 06:51 PM
Replies: 37 (1069 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 04-21-2020 01:22 PM
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAFOA is looking to help the Fiero Community break the boredom during these tough times.

PLEASE CLICK "GOING" ON THE EVENT PAGE TO GET THE BEST UPDATES at https://www.facebook.com/events/228934134890610/

We are getting ready to kick off our Quarantine Car Show! The entry period will run for the next two weeks - all entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM on April 11. It is our hope to have voting up and running by Monday AM - April 13.

In order to participate, you must submit the following to jennifer.g@fieropride.com . All photos must be of what your car looks like currently and must be for a car you own. (i.e. if your car is currently a V8-swapped vehicle, you can't submit pictures of when it was all stock).

1. A side shot
2. A shot of the engine compartment
3. At least one interior shot
4. Front compartment shot (optional)

You must also provide the year, model and mileage - as well as your name and hometown - as well as any affiliated clubs (if applicable).

Classes are as follows - show mgmt. has final call on classing. If classes exceed 10 cars, splits will be listed alongside. For further classing info, please visit the link below.

Class A: Stock Notchback (3 or less "minor changes)(Can be split into Coupe & GT/Aero SE)

Class B: Stock Fastback (3 or less "minor changes)(Can be split into 86/87 GT & 88GT)

Class C: Custom Notchback (Unlimited minor or medium changes/no major changes i.e. visible engine swaps or major body panel changes)(Can be split into Mild - stock color, 3 or less customizations & Wild - non-stock colors, 4+ customizations)

Class D: Custom Fastback (same as above)

Class E: Modified Notchback (Unlimited Changes/Includes all cars with visible engine swaps or major body mods such as Norm's Front End, Scissor Doors etc.)(Can be split into 3800s, V8s, All Other Swaps)

Class F: Modified Fastback (same as above)

Class G: Kit Car

Class H: Work-in-Progress (Enter your disassembled projects, in-progress projects etc.) Must include a brief write-up of what you're working on.

Prizes are still being finalized but will include gift certificates to Fiero vendors and other Fiero-related perks! We also hope to allow participants to host FB lives to show off their cars if they wish to do so!

Voting guidelines will be announced shortly as well!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ll have to take some pictures! 👍

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Swap in progress

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

MAFOA is looking to help the Fiero Community break the boredom during these tough times.

PLEASE CLICK "GOING" ON THE EVENT PAGE TO GET THE BEST UPDATES at https://www.facebook.com/events/228934134890610/

We are getting ready to kick off our Quarantine Car Show! The entry period will run for the next two weeks - all entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM on April 11. It is our hope to have voting up and running by Monday AM - April 13.

In order to participate, you must submit the following to jennifer.g@fieropride.com . All photos must be of what your car looks like currently and must be for a car you own. (i.e. if your car is currently a V8-swapped vehicle, you can't submit pictures of when it was all stock).

1. A side shot
2. A shot of the engine compartment
3. At least one interior shot
4. Front compartment shot (optional)

You must also provide the year, model and mileage - as well as your name and hometown - as well as any affiliated clubs (if applicable).

Classes are as follows - show mgmt. has final call on classing. If classes exceed 10 cars, splits will be listed alongside. For further classing info, please visit the link below.

Class A: Stock Notchback (3 or less "minor changes)(Can be split into Coupe & GT/Aero SE)

Class B: Stock Fastback (3 or less "minor changes)(Can be split into 86/87 GT & 88GT)

Class C: Custom Notchback (Unlimited minor or medium changes/no major changes i.e. visible engine swaps or major body panel changes)(Can be split into Mild - stock color, 3 or less customizations & Wild - non-stock colors, 4+ customizations)

Class D: Custom Fastback (same as above)

Class E: Modified Notchback (Unlimited Changes/Includes all cars with visible engine swaps or major body mods such as Norm's Front End, Scissor Doors etc.)(Can be split into 3800s, V8s, All Other Swaps)

Class F: Modified Fastback (same as above)

Class G: Kit Car

Class H: Work-in-Progress (Enter your disassembled projects, in-progress projects etc.) Must include a brief write-up of what you're working on.

Prizes are still being finalized but will include gift certificates to Fiero vendors and other Fiero-related perks! We also hope to allow participants to host FB lives to show off their cars if they wish to do so!

Voting guidelines will be announced shortly as well!

Where would an engine swapped Mera fit in wet classifications?

Nelson

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great idea! I don't Facebook though... Good luck to those that enter.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TM_Fiero:

Great idea! I don't Facebook though... Good luck to those that enter.

No FB needed - that's just the easiest way to see updates but I will work to post them here also. Everything will be run through a Google album and ballot so everyone can participate.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Where would an engine swapped Mera fit in wet classifications?

Nelson

Hi Nelson! It would fit into the Kit Car/Rebody Category (I need to fix that title). No restrictions on engine swaps in that category.

Best,

~ Jen
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Nelson! It would fit into the Kit Car/Rebody Category (I need to fix that title). No restrictions on engine swaps in that category.

Best,

~ Jen

That is why I asked the question since it is neither a kit car or a rebody (at least in a technical sense). These vehicles were sold in their current format from an existing showroom inventory.

Nelson

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No FB needed - that's just the easiest way to see updates but I will work to post them here also. Everything will be run through a Google album and ballot so everyone can participate.

Guess it's time to pull the Formula out of hibernation and get some fresh pictures.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great idea!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are the spectators supposed to pinch their parts? At least you still have all bits pieces cigarette lighters end of day.
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

How are the spectators supposed to pinch their parts? At least you still have all bits pieces cigarette lighters end of day.

:-)

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001
A huge thank you for to our sponsors thus far!

Rodney Dickman
The FieroStore
Tom Schmidt Motorsports

If anyone else is interested in sponsoring, please let me know. All sponsorships go to show prizes.

~ Jen
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Jen- I don't at the moment have any dead-on side views of my Fiero, but I have a front quarter and a rear quarter view...Would that be acceptable? Here is the rear angle shot....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2020 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Hello Jen- I don't at the moment have any dead-on side views of my Fiero, but I have a front quarter and a rear quarter view...Would that be acceptable? Here is the rear angle shot....

Front quarter works, that's what I submitted.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure thing!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001
Another round of thanks to Russ Wormuth & Golden Eye Graphics for supporting this event!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No longer have a Fiero, but I still got the bug..but not the Covid bug.

Good to see folks are still livin the Fiero life even in these tough times.

I haven't completely lost passion either..

Oops...wrong side.

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I scrolled down and saw the first pic and thought "Now if he was a real Fiero fanatic, he'd have a Fiero sign on that mask......Then I >>Finished<< scrolling! Perfect!
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we submitted an entry via email will there be a confirmation email to let us know it was received or anything of that nature?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the looks of it, the Quarantine Car Show is a resounding success attracting Fiero owner participants from across the USA and Canada. MAFOA. once again does a fantastic job.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

If we submitted an entry via email will there be a confirmation email to let us know it was received or anything of that nature?

There is, I received one, and also that you can go and vote. That opened up overnight into 4/13
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darn, I got this thread too late. But I will vote.

Jack
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Full show and voting is now live: https://sites.google.com/si...rantine-car-show-qcs

~ Jen
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Hello!

Did you receive one? We sent out replies on receipt in most cases and everyone was sent confirmation yesterday.

~ Jen
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Jennifer...I was checking out the show and noticed that A) Some of teh entries appear to be missing....It will go from car #4 to car #7.......Also, B) How do we vote? (I am going to feel like a fool when you explain it to me....)

Thanks!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello Jennifer...I was checking out the show and noticed that A) Some of teh entries appear to be missing....It will go from car #4 to car #7.......Also, B) How do we vote? (I am going to feel like a fool when you explain it to me....)

Thanks!

Just click on her link. Look for the a Vote here and under each class pick three cars 1st to 3rd.

The one thing I would recomend is to look at the photos write down the class and car numbers before voting. It makes it easier. Plus you really get to look at all the cars.

Lots of great cars but Be sure to check the front trunks and engine details.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Hyper....But I still wonder why there are only a few cars per class with a lot of "Numbers" missing...Have they been eliminated already? Or am I looking at the pictures wrong and there is something to click to see the other cars.....
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Hyper....But I still wonder why there are only a few cars per class with a lot of "Numbers" missing...Have they been eliminated already? Or am I looking at the pictures wrong and there is something to click to see the other cars.....

Having run my own shows I suspect they classed the cars to try to keep the classes even. So they will have 5 to 8 cars per class.

They may have a mix of numbers as they may have grouped them and splitting the classes may have left gaps. Say like all custom fast backs were numbered but they were split into two groups with half in one and half the other.

Jenn started there were 100 cars and 500 photos and that looks to be what we see. I would not get too hung up how they are numbered.

I entered my car and was sent a confirmation. They did a really good job on a project that had little time to set up. Many shows planned a year ahead are not this organized. Been to a few of them in my time.

I am just glad they did this. I am working from home just uncovered the car with no where to go. Nice distraction!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my votes in. That was tough. A lot on nice rides out there.

Thanx MOFAO and Fierochic88 for putting it on.

Bob

------------------

My Build

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks!

Totally valid question ;-) When we processed the entries, we placed them into prescribed "classes". For example, Stock Notchback = Class A. Some of the classes got very large so we split them but we didn't want to have to relabel all of the pictures so the "A" cars are split between a Group A and Group B.

For the Ballot - it's at the bottom of the car show page ;-)
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001
Thank you all for your participation and support! We just posted a schedule of FB lives on our FB event page. For the "non-FB" crowd, we are also doing a Zoom session on Saturday at 4.

~ Jen
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2020 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Win or lose, must say I really enjoyed this online event. It was also great to see that some of the owners that attended Carlisle in the early 90's still own Fieros.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2020 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello!

Did you receive one? We sent out replies on receipt in most cases and everyone was sent confirmation yesterday.

~ Jen

After not receiving any thing a few days after submission I sent the email again with less pictures. It appears the first email didn't go through. Worked the second time at the last minute!

Thanks for putting this on

On a side note, are friends and family allowed to vote? I have family and friends who want to vote and will be quite biased toward my car. Not sure if that is considered cheating or if it's ok.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After not receiving any thing a few days after submission I sent the email again with less pictures. It appears the first email didn't go through. Worked the second time at the last minute!

Thanks for putting this on

On a side note, are friends and family allowed to vote? I have family and friends who want to vote and will be quite biased toward my car. Not sure if that is considered cheating or if it's ok.

Based on the rules it is to be one vote per participant or spectator. No more than one per web address.

They want to keep things fair.

I voted and I recommend to first To view each class and write down the First through third place votes. As you can’t see the cars in the vote forum. Or split the screen.

It takes time to do it right. Most have the outsides looking good but look at the engines trunks and interiors to see the cars condition. Like most shows that is where the differences are.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Based on the rules it is to be one vote per participant or spectator. No more than one per web address.

They want to keep things fair.

I voted and I recommend to first To view each class and write down the First through third place votes. As you can’t see the cars in the vote forum. Or split the screen.

It takes time to do it right. Most have the outsides looking good but look at the engines trunks and interiors to see the cars condition. Like most shows that is where the differences are.

According to the rules we should be fine then since we are all individual spectators. We made it into a fun family event. I hooked my computer up to the tv and we looked at all the cars over the course of a few days writing down our personal votes. After looking at them all my Dad is even feeling tempted to get a Fiero!

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 04-19-2020).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

According to the rules we should be fine then since we are all individual spectators. We made it into a fun family event. I hooked my computer up to the tv and we looked at all the cars over the course of a few days writing down our personal votes. After looking at them all my Dad is even feeling tempted to get a Fiero!

As long as you did not vote from the same e mail address you should be fine.

And if you voted for my car I am willing to look the other way lol!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So glad you made it a family event!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock