Fierostore pays you for your rear brake calipers by Midwest Fiero Clubs
Started on: 03-23-2020 05:14 PM
Replies: 6 (274 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 03-24-2020 10:50 AM
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spred the word www.fierostore.com will pay you for your old rear brake calipers.

------------------
http://midwestfieroclubs.aaca.com/

https://www.facebook.com/midwestfieroclubs

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While the Fiero Store may maintain availability of rear calipers for a while, ( and they won't come cheap), eventually they will run out of them. IMO, it has become time to have an alternative bolt in solution. This may require adding a hydraulic eBrake but it can be done. The key will be to match new calipers that have the same capacity as the old.

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-24-2020).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

This may require adding a hydraulic eBrake but it can be done.

I thought that's what the reverse gear was for Don't need no stinkin' ebrake.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can, When I see an 88 Fiero in one of the JYs, I try to go and grab the calipers- I have three sets but am keeping them as cores for the Golden Gate Fiero Club....I may offer a set to the Fiero Store tho......(There is an 88 out at the Stockton P&P- I can't get them because of my Lupus at the moment)
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if anyone has any 88 rears, i could use one. please pm or message me vette7584@yahoo.com or 518 423-7749... i would like to have a spare set form my 88. just as an fyi, rock auto does sell a kit that will rebuild an 88 rear caliper, and yes that does include a seal for the piston..thanks John
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I thought that's what the reverse gear was for Don't need no stinkin' ebrake.

If the eBrake is used strictly for more security when parking, I would agree. If you lose your brakes first gear w the eBrake will slow you down. Quite frankly I've never felt real confident in the Fiero eBrakes ability to stop the car. As you state reverse gear with the stick or in my case park w the auto seems to provide enough security.
The issue is that some states that do inspections won't allow you to pass without an eBrake. Doesn't Kalifornia check for that?

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although a lot of people consider "Kalifornia" way to liberal (And stupid)(I agree with that assessment at times!) we actually have NO vehicle inspections of any sort.....The only thing we do have is in certain areas (High population) we have biennial smog checks- since the main movement of air across the US is west-to-east......The rest of the country should be grateful that we at least attempt t o cut down on smog.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock