GT Vent - Que es Esto ?? by Notorio
Started on: 03-11-2020 05:06 PM
Replies: 7 (273 views)
Last post by: Australian on 03-13-2020 02:55 AM
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My GT vent has this strange rail riveted to the top on driver side. The rail runs along the left side of the vent and there are corresponding holes on the right side of the vent as well. I assume this wasn't stock. Any thoughts what it might be there for, before I drill out the rivets?

[This message has been edited by Notorio (edited 03-11-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's where the flux capacitor was to be mounted... until a DeLorean was eventually chosen.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No-no-no! That is where the JATO motor goes.......You may need a bit more bracing to hold up.........

nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe some kind of cover to keep water and debris out..
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosaint:

maybe some kind of cover to keep water and debris out...

Well, that's plenty boring.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do those over the roof vent things mount?? and it is also missing the lower part of the vents. This is normally done to allow more warm air out but lets more water and junk in.

Sorry I am completly blank for some funny idea as to these but hey what can you do
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the humor very much. On a more serious note, looks like I can drill away the rivets and not look back. Very little rain and stuff flying around here.

To pursue Patrick's line of thinking, here is the look Back to the Future SHOULD have had ...

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The are rails which had air intakes over the existing vents. since removed either laser cut steel or glass scoops. I bought same side for my modified tom's over roof scoop it has same rail it was painted yellow when i got it.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 03-18-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock