It Sat For 20 Years: Part 2 / Cleaned Up - Pics by CampyBob
Started on: 03-11-2020 04:15 PM
Replies: 12 (350 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 03-14-2020 09:59 AM
CampyBob

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CampyBobSend a Private Message to CampyBobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, again, to the helpful forum members that assisted me in getting the old girl up and running after it sat in the garage for 20 years.

Washed a couple times, interior cleaned, glass cleaned, waxed and tire dressing. I still have to detail the wheels and a few other cosmetic touches (stripes on the nose need re-done), but she's ready for plates, insurance and some warm Summer weather.

[This message has been edited by CampyBob (edited 03-11-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uh oh, I see trouble in the last shot.

Car looks great!
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! Nice to see a clean bumper pad notchie.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have to watch for you this summer. I see Stark plates. I am just North in Manchester./Portage Lakes.

I am helping a Friend get his 85 GT running. It was parked in 1990. It is still in great shap too.
CampyBob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CampyBobSend a Private Message to CampyBobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I will have to watch for you this summer. I see Stark plates. I am just North in Manchester./Portage Lakes.

I am helping a Friend get his 85 GT running. It was parked in 1990. It is still in great shap too.

Those plates are from 1996 when the car was made ready for our honeymoon. I was living in Canton then. I'm down in Carroll county now, back to the area I was raised in. I live on a farm I built for my wife and her horses. The road to the farm is dirt / gravel and I have to go 3/4-mile to get out on asphalt. A spotless vehicle is pretty dusty (or muddy in wet weather) by the time I hit a real road! My neighbor owns 'Vette's and the undersides are scarred up pretty good from dragging on our rutted up township roads. I've ripped mufflers and cats off cars with more ground clearance on these craptastic roads.

I had a buddy that lived on Vanderhoof, but they tore down his house years ago.

I snapped this pic after the road crew went through with their road grader to 'improve' the road! LOL!

Not much of a road...steep hills and twisty turny. Perfect for a racing UTV though!

[This message has been edited by CampyBob (edited 03-12-2020).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very nice. Gotta love notchies!
If those tires are 20 years old though, you might want to replace them.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

CampyBob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CampyBobSend a Private Message to CampyBobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Looks very nice. Gotta love notchies!
If those tires are 20 years old though, you might want to replace them.

Thanks! It's a genuine survivor. Other than the seat covers (been on since day one), the fuel pump / sending unit and rear tires having just been replaced it's completely original and unmolested. It has been through every recall campaign.

Rears were replaced this Winter prior to me dropping the tank and installing a new fuel pump and sending unit. The OEM's were close to bald and so dry rotted the RR would only hold air for a few minutes. The front tires look like new. Good tread. No checking. No sign of cracking / dry rot. Weird. They will probably be replaced after a few test drives.

I've been oiling up all the rubber seals and hoses, but I'm impressed with how good it all looks and feels. The storage conditions were as close to ideal as one could hope for, I guess.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CampyBob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CampyBobSend a Private Message to CampyBobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would like to see pics of that one! The later GT's are my favorites, but an '85 GT in good shape is a rare variant. With your knowledge and experience I'm betting your friend will also be up and running again this Summer! Man...parked longer than mine was! That thing is a true time capsule.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CampyBob:

Those plates are from 1996 when the car was made ready for our honeymoon. I was living in Canton then. I'm down in Carroll county now, back to the area I was raised in. I live on a farm I built for my wife and her horses. The road to the farm is dirt / gravel and I have to go 3/4-mile to get out on asphalt. A spotless vehicle is pretty dusty (or muddy in wet weather) by the time I hit a real road! My neighbor owns 'Vette's and the undersides are scarred up pretty good from dragging on our rutted up township roads. I've ripped mufflers and cats off cars with more ground clearance on these craptastic roads.

I had a buddy that lived on Vanderhoof, but they tore down his house years ago.

I snapped this pic after the road crew went through with their road grader to 'improve' the road! LOL!

Not much of a road...steep hills and twisty turny. Perfect for a racing UTV though!

Nice area! I would like to move farther out someday. I already avoid Akron when ever I can.

My Family is from the Wayne county and Holmes county area. So I know what you mean on long dirt drives and farms.

My mom grew up learning to drive tractors before cars. She never could back a car up as she always steered the wrong way like she had a trailer. Lol!

Hope to see you around maybe at a Pontiac show.

Norwalks Pontiac show is the best anywhere!

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a clean Fiero. 👍

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Swap in progress

PFF
System Bot
CampyBob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CampyBobSend a Private Message to CampyBobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice area! I would like to move farther out someday. I already avoid Akron when ever I can.

My Family is from the Wayne county and Holmes county area. So I know what you mean on long dirt drives and farms.

My mom grew up learning to drive tractors before cars. She never could back a car up as she always steered the wrong way like she had a trailer. Lol!

Hope to see you around maybe at a Pontiac show.

Norwalks Pontiac show is the best anywhere!

We bought the land in 1994, about a year before we were married. Built the barn in 1996 and the house in 1999. I have really enjoyed living in the country.

I was out at the Wayne County Fairgrounds in Wooster for a gun show 3 weekends ago. It's always nice to tour the Wayne / Holmes county area. It's kind of a shame that all the tourist traffic has made getting around a lot of Holmes county an exercise in knowing the back roads.

I'll have to Google the Norwalk Pontiac show. I assume it's held at the drag strip?

I lost that Kubota tractor, the Allis-Chalmers D17 tractor and a bunch of implements in a 2009 barn fire (lightning strike). I rebuilt a new barn that looks close to the old one and now own a pair of 2010 New Holland tractors.

Now you know why the Fiero was always on the back burner...lots of work on the farm, lots of time spent at my job as an engineer and then there was racing and training time on the bicycle and the motorcycles were ridden a few times!

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CampyBob:

We bought the land in 1994, about a year before we were married. Built the barn in 1996 and the house in 1999. I have really enjoyed living in the country.

I was out at the Wayne County Fairgrounds in Wooster for a gun show 3 weekends ago. It's always nice to tour the Wayne / Holmes county area. It's kind of a shame that all the tourist traffic has made getting around a lot of Holmes county an exercise in knowing the back roads.

I'll have to Google the Norwalk Pontiac show. I assume it's held at the drag strip?

I lost that Kubota tractor, the Allis-Chalmers D17 tractor and a bunch of implements in a 2009 barn fire (lightning strike). I rebuilt a new barn that looks close to the old one and now own a pair of 2010 New Holland tractors.

Now you know why the Fiero was always on the back burner...lots of work on the farm, lots of time spent at my job as an engineer and then there was racing and training time on the bicycle and the motorcycles were ridden a few times!

Yes the a Traffic in Holmes County is heavier but it pays the bills. I grew up going down there every Saturday so knowing the back roads make it easier. My family went to this area in the early 1800’s and came from Hocking county before that. Conkles Hollow was named for a family member.

We were here before the Amish.....

I don’t have a ton of property but my neighbors do. It keeps us spaced out well. We have several horse farms nearby. They get some upset with the smell but I grew up with it.

It also is nice like this fall I needed to move some dirt my Neighbor tossed me the keys to his new John Deere with a bucket. It saved me a ton of work.

Yes Norwalk is at the track. Generally 600 show cars and 600 drag cars all a Pontiac. They generally have been good to the Fieros there over the years. The shame more don’t attend.

Toth Buick GMC just south of Akron just off 77 has a good show in September.

Summit Racing has had a show for BOP in June but attendance has been down. The Idiots from POCI keep trying to run a show the same weekend. It hurts both.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock