Trunk blower wiring access point by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 03-09-2020 11:16 PM
Replies: 5 (175 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 03-10-2020 11:49 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, I would like to install a manual toggle switch inline with my trunk blower motor. I want to be able to control it from inside the car. Where can I access the trunk blower motor wiring? And yes, I know I can turn on the AC to turn it on but I would rather not run the AC just to do that. I just want to control the blower motor itself.
Also, do you know how much CFM the fan moves? Just curious how much air the blower motor moves? Thanks, Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll need some confirmation on this... but because the rad fan and trunk blower are on the same circuit, you can run wires (for your switch) to the fan relay up by the driver side headlight. I think it's the green wire (I'm using memories from almost 25 years ago!) that needs to be grounded for the fan and blower to come on.

Either confirm this with a search... or wait for someone to chime in.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-10-2020).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grounding the green wire will turn it and the radiator cooling fan on.
To run just the trunk blower motor would require a more involved wiring project.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another alternative is to tap the fan switch wire on the lower intake and ground it through your switch. That grounds the fan circuits.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-10-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had installed a manual fan switch on my first Fiero all those years ago, and I wired it to the front relay (instead of to the fan switch in the back) as running the wires from the relay to my dash-mounted switch seemed to be the simpler option.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-10-2020).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you everyone for your input.
I ended up taking my homemade alternator shield from my 86 GT and transferred it to my 85 GT (which i am daily driving now that my truck is down for repairs)
Kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock