MERA Questions by DrXtreme
Started on: 02-27-2020 06:28 PM
Replies: 4 (215 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 02-28-2020 09:14 PM
DrXtreme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrXtremeSend a Private Message to DrXtremeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently purchased a 1988 Mera and it needs some TLC. I'm told its #8054, but decals on rear deck are painted over, one on each side. Which side should I try to remove the paint to get the original decal info?

The rea deck does not latch as the front hood does not either. The front hood needs the lever inside the car, which I can buy/make, but how should it work?

Both utilize gravity to keep them closed, I want to bring them back to factory operation, any pictures or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Dr Xtreme
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people may answer you here but you can also feel free to post in the Mera thread that is very current
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077195.html
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrXtreme:

I recently purchased a 1988 Mera and it needs some TLC. I'm told its #8054, but decals on rear deck are painted over, one on each side. Which side should I try to remove the paint to get the original decal info?

The rea deck does not latch as the front hood does not either. The front hood needs the lever inside the car, which I can buy/make, but how should it work?

Both utilize gravity to keep them closed, I want to bring them back to factory operation, any pictures or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Dr Xtreme

I will try to help you out on a couple of items. If you contact Rodney Dickman with a VIN he can tell you if it is on the list of Meras that he maintains and potentially confirm the build number for you. WRT the MERA build decal location, all of them that I have or have seen were located on the rear deck lid, driver's side towards the rear of the deck lid. I will try o remember to get a photo of one on the deck lid and post it later today.

The front deck lid release has two cables associated with it. One goes directly to the release handle and the other one is more of a bare cable for an "emergency" release. The rear deck lid trunk hook mechanism is somewhat adjustable but needs to be positioned where it can correctly interface with the deck lid release. Make certain the the release mechanism is not tripped closed prior to attempting to close the rear deck lid.

Nelson
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2020 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of the MERAs I have seen have the production label on the left side, circled in red in pic.

My MERA, 8029, was built on a Formula chassis. It had a notch back trunk seal on it when I got it that needed to be replaced. I tried a GT trunk seal on it and my trunk wouldn't close, the corners were too thick. I put a new notch back trunk seal on and it closes like it should now and doesn't leak.

[This message has been edited by Larryinkc (edited 02-28-2020).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2020 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:

All of the MERAs I have seen have the production label on the left side, circled in red in pic.

My MERA, 8029, was built on a Formula chassis. It had a notch back trunk seal on it when I got it that needed to be replaced. I tried a GT trunk seal on it and my trunk wouldn't close, the corners were too thick. I put a new notch back trunk seal on and it closes like it should now and doesn't leak.

Thanks for doing that since I got preoccupied and forgot. My build stickers are in the same location.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock