1990 fiero gtp prototype rear end body kit on a 85 fiero by Pantera383sbc
Started on: 02-18-2020 11:23 PM
Replies: 6 (634 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 02-23-2020 11:09 AM
Pantera383sbc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pantera383sbcSend a Private Message to Pantera383sbcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m not too crazy about my stock slant back Fiero and was wondering if anybody has done this. I really like the looks of it.
If anyone knows any info on this subject plz share. You are greatly appreciated
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone once copied it but I never saw it completed last seen pic approximate 10 years ago if I ever see it in my collection of pics I will post it.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pantera383sbc:

I’m not too crazy about my stock slant back Fiero and was wondering if anybody has done this. I really like the looks of it.
If anyone knows any info on this subject plz share. You are greatly appreciated

If you are talking about making a notch back into a GT style fast back, the fastback upper quarter panels w roof will bolt right on. If you don't wish to go that route Pisa makes a conversion kit that will install with just some fiberglass work. It will give you the fastback look, but it retains the stock notchback tail lights. If you want the 90 prototype look, that vehicle was custom built. so you will need to design and build from scratch. It looks like GM may have used some modified Firebird parts

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2020 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1990 was a factory prototype . It used a similar spac3 frame but with a number of changes.

There is no kit and any that have had the wild idea of making a copy found that it would take great skill, time and money to make a copy. So much that you could really by a cool car for what you would invest.

GM did not use parts from the 4th gen Camaro and Firebird. The similar styling is due to the design being reused on the larger Fbody platform after the Fiero was canceled.

One piece that was used is the dash face in the F Body was pretty much carried over intact.

The best thing to do is either convert a coupe to a GT as if you can gather the parts it is a bolt on deal. Or better yet just go get a later slower mile GT and have a better car.

Fiero prices for a collectors car are very low and you can get a good example for a decent price. In this day and age of rusted out Chevelle going at $12k you can get a really clean Fiero that needs no work.

Not sure where you live but generally a good paint job is often half the value of a good a Fiero. Also look for rust if you live where they use salt. Many are rotted away the plastic skin. It has caused many issues after it was too late.

As for the kits out there they are a crap shoot, many were not made well and to find complete parts and kits can be difficult. Those in good shape can cost extra money as often properly modified actually can ad value if done right and tastefully unlike other cars.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must have been a troll.

5 posts which were all just creating 5 new threads and no replies to anyone's comments. I guess we'll talk amongst ourselves.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-22-2020).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2020 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would wager more someone who realized the true cost vs a troll.

Some folks dream really big before they think about the realities.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2020 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I would wager more someone who realized the true cost vs a troll.

Some folks dream really big before they think about the realities.

Hopefully you're right.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock