Started on: 02-16-2020 07:12 PM
Replies: 7 (388 views)
Last post by: fierobear on 02-24-2020 07:58 PM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this on Fox News. They were commenting on the limited number of Presidental visits there have been to the Daytona 500.

Then they posted a Picture of Richard Petty with Regan after the 1984 Daytona 500..
Petty raced a Grand Prix at the time.
To the right, there is a man with an Indy Fiero Jacket. This would have been a few months before the Fiero paced Indy.
Who is the man? I know it is not John Callies.

https://www.foxnews.com/aut...a-500-the-beast-limo

------------------
Paul

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last name on his nametag looks like "Carlo" or maybe "Castro".

**EDIT** After some searching, I don't have a name for that guy, but the race where his picture was taken was not the Daytona 500, but rather the Firecracker 400 (also run at the Daytona Int'l Speedway). The difference is the Firecracker 400 was on July 4, 1984, so it was after the Indy 500 race.

**EDIT #2** Found it! From left to right in the picture: Ned Jarrett (former driver and announcer for the race); Ronald Reagan; Richard Petty & Mike Curb (former lieutenant governor of California and owner of Petty's race winning car)

Here is where I found this info: https://wheels.blogs.nytime...-gipper-as-gearhead/

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 02-16-2020).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of those Indy jackets, but the sizes are funky. The large is more like a medium, and I’ve never seen an XL. I’d love to reproduce those. Anyone have ideas on how or who could do it?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2020 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Found this. Different angle and color?

There is a few Youtube videos of President Regan there, but I could not find the jacket or the man wearing it in any of the video.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I have a couple of those Indy jackets, but the sizes are funky. The large is more like a medium, and I’ve never seen an XL. I’d love to reproduce those. Anyone have ideas on how or who could do it?

Maybe these guys. I have bought a few of their coats in the past. Not sure who could finish them for you.

https://www.cardinalactivewear.com/16-all-products
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its a wayne. I got that jacket from him at the 35th and had him and john sign it. then gifted it to an indy guy at the 35th. It was an xl and it fit me.
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The race was the 400 in July. Petty won the race his last. So it post Indy.

The guy in the jacket was a Pontiac Racing PR guy.

To reproduce the jackets would cost more than you would make. They pop up time to time on E bay so that would be your best shot.

I just got a Pontiac. Motorsports version and it was new for $18 recently. It was nearly the same jacket of the same era.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The race was the 400 in July. Petty won the race his last. So it post Indy.

The guy in the jacket was a Pontiac Racing PR guy.

To reproduce the jackets would cost more than you would make. They pop up time to time on E bay so that would be your best shot.

I just got a Pontiac. Motorsports version and it was new for $18 recently. It was nearly the same jacket of the same era.

I’m not so much worried about making money, besides, GM would either want a slice or shut you down. I’d settle for a custom one-off, or if there were a few of us, a private group buy.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock