Replies: 154 (4788 views)
Last post by: jessesmith121 on 04-24-2020 07:25 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they are a bit too present and don't fit in with the page layout very well...
IP: Logged
Bradbitz11

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember all...you ought to be able to set site-specific ad blocker settings. For example, while I very rarely see ads due to content blocker plug ins, I have selectively turned them off for this and other “worthy” domains.
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, after reading I figured its time for a younger input.

Those who know me, I am 25 and been in the community for the last 8 years or so. I tend to have high ambitions and don't always hit the mark but try. I am very jumbled in train of thought when typing stuff out so bare with my and I apologize I tend to jump around a bit.

As far as forum vs facebook goes, its apples to oranges. Facebook will never been my source for technical information. Its good for sharing in the moment content, and asking for quick help. Never are you going to find a How-To or a in depth repair instruction. Plus try finding any kind of archive there. This is important as it is what sets you apart work with it. Reading through I've seen numerous people ask for the content in some way or another (USB/ DVD ect). This is fear from the people that know of the content, the job is getting this content to others. Back to the facebook thing, it wins in that quick information you can deliver that here.

Separate the forum and the information - The forum is great and forever growing, but past How-To's and guides and manufacturers all get lost over time or at least harder to find. This can be reminded by dedicated a section of the site to it. No more digging through pages or archives and no offense even the How-to forum isn't good enough. You need to make this content easy to read, and link able. People don't wanna see a conversation on it, just what they need. On top of this all the content needs to be saved on your end. There is nothing worse that finding a guide and having all the photos lost. ( Not sure on the legality but this also gives you a way to easily organize and possibly print guides to sell in a repair style book for the workshop)

All the ads on the site are a great half step forward and I am sure they will improve over time when all the kinks are ironed out but I also would love to see you bring back / work with more vendors. I don't know if its the cost of space or the lack of vendors that slowed down but I always appreciate content that matches. With this, i'd also say work to make you the source of everything Fiero related. When I was younger it was something I wanted to do and just didn't have the time or resources to complete. You owned the main domain, there for to me you should be the "Gate Keeper". If you want to find Fiero Parts Vendors there should be links here for everyone who makes and supports fiero. This should be true for anything a Fiero owner would want or need, Clubs, Shows, Contacts, Garages. Whatever we can provide to some 16 year old who just bought there first fiero and needs to know where to go. And again I know this can all be dug up in the forum but for a younger audience thats a chore and even now I struggle to located threads I've previously read.

And I have a few more things but I'll end of on what someone else state and kind of what you nudged to. Don't (DON'T) do a pay to post membership or anything of the such it drives people away( look at craigslist ). You can do a donator perk which gives access to a special forum but would anyone really use it? The real direction I would go is a Patreon Group, with 1 to 3 tiers. Do a entry level no bonus tier just to donate like $5 a month and do 1 or 2 with perks of some kind, I am sure people would love a random "Subscriber" Tier. Essentially do anyone who is say $15-20 a month gets a Monthly or bi Monthly package with stickers or coupons from vendors. Maybe some matchback or fiero memorabilia. This gives them the feel good of donation and everyone loves getting a Suprise in the mail even if its $3 dollars worth of items.

Again hopefully not to all over the place, and I hope some of it helps coming from a younger user. If you have questions or need help feel free to reach out to me. I would hate to see this place go, and would be interested in saving it. Thanks You.

NTJoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2020 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NTJoeSend a Private Message to NTJoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think a paid perk would draw some of the more hardcore users, at first for the prestige, but there’d have to be some benefit to that monthly cost. Totally pulling this out of the air but perhaps a more robust search function or far more detailed section that has posts assigned to regularly searched items - like enhanced stickies or something. I’d like the idea of hitting a link for headlight motors for example and posts that have been reviewed and identified in having motor content - not just the word - show up.

In my humble opinion, search functions in forums are sometimes difficult to really get reliable results without having to search sometimes dozens of threads. Again, just trying to think outside the box and come up with ideas for a paid group.

I wouldn’t make it too costly - if you charged up to $10 a month and a group of early volunteers helped with the work, I’m sure many (including myself) would volunteer to help.

Just some thoughts.

[This message has been edited by NTJoe (edited 03-02-2020).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to post an update.

First of all I would like to thank everybody who has made a donation! You really have no idea how much I appreciate it! The donations went towards new hardware for the forum and PFF is now running on a completely new server! "New" as in another, better server, not "brand new".

The old server was running on and old Core 2 Duo system with 3GB of RAM. The new server runs on a dual Xeon system with 32GB RAM. Disk space has also doubled. So hardware-wise, PFF is good for at least another 5 years or so.

Upgrading the hardware is a huge weight off my shoulder. The new server makes a huge difference. The old server was constantly hammered by DDoS attacks and as you may have noticed, quite often crashed because it simply wasn't able to cope with the attacks. The new server can handle the attacks much more easily and is much better equipped fighting them off. Also, you should no longer notice PFF getting slower during peak hours.

So again, thank you for your donations! It's been put to good use!
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been on here for a while, typically finding advice and shopping. I love this forum, would love to have the entire archive on DVD or A flash drive of some sort.

I would love to see an app... I dont know much about how to make them but it seems like it would be a great idea... Especially a search archive function. There is more information than anywhere else... I would hate to see this go the way of the "fiero secrets" page...

Ive come more and am posting more.. I usually come here first as Facebook is like the 4th layer of hell... Everyone just wanting to put others down or "flex" their knowledge trying to seem smart. Super strange mentality.

Thanks Cliff
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jessesmith121: I would love to see an app... I dont know much about how to make them but it seems like it would be a great idea... Especially a search archive function. There is more information than anywhere else... I would hate to see this go the way of the "fiero secrets" page...

Are you talking about a separate app or an inclusion to the existing site? I ask because there is a search archive function on the search page. Just select all threads + archives in the drop down box.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff!
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Are you talking about a separate app or an inclusion to the existing site? I ask because there is a search archive function on the search page. Just select all threads + archives in the drop down box.

Its not super mobile friendly with my Motorola Z2 Force. None of those functions work properly. It glitches quite a bit, anytime I want to type and search the keyboard disappears, scrolling in mobile mode tends to crash as well.

jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have another suggestion. Im a part of a few more forums an one of the best features ive ever see is subscriptions to categories. For example... anytime someone posts something for sale in their classifieds I get an email showing the ad. You can opt in or out. But having that feature reinvigorates the "mall" section and in my opinion makes it more valuable than FB.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You mean subscribe to a specific person's (Mall) posts?
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jessesmith121:

I would have another suggestion. Im a part of a few more forums an one of the best features ive ever see is subscriptions to categories. For example... anytime someone posts something for sale in their classifieds I get an email showing the ad. You can opt in or out. But having that feature reinvigorates the "mall" section and in my opinion makes it more valuable than FB.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Yes.

I never use it but it is a very popular feature on forums. People will subscribe to specific threads and/or sections of their interest.

Let's say someone has a build thread and you are interested in what that person is doing. Well, as you know, the builder doesn't always have something to post for whatever. You lose track of the thread, forget about it and that thread goes dead. Months or, in some cases, years later that thread pops up and you go, "I forgot all about this" or "I wonder whatever happened to that car".

By subscribing to that thread or section you would always be notified via email or PM of any new post until you "unsubscribe".
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Subscribing to specific threads is already possible (see the "subscribe to topic" link at the top of the page).
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No I mean subscribing to the mall... or a section.

Any new post (topic) that is added will generate an email to the subscriber. This way I can see the notification any time someone adds something to the mall without manually going to the site several times a day. If something hits my fancy I can click the link log in and comment on the topic posted

it help create a much more engaged community. It will also drive traffic for advertisers as clicking the link takes them directly to the forum where you generate revenue.

Rather than coming to the forum once or twice a day... if the email is generated every time something new is added to a section (in this case the Mall) you will have that person coming to the forum more often than just checking it once a day.

In other forums I subscribe in this fashion to help with technical and training issues also keep a close eye on the classifieds.

Active notifications will always drive traffic

[This message has been edited by jessesmith121 (edited 04-22-2020).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Alright, after reading I figured its time for a younger input.

Those who know me, I am 25 and been in the community for the last 8 years or so. I tend to have high ambitions and don't always hit the mark but try. I am very jumbled in train of thought when typing stuff out so bare with my and I apologize I tend to jump around a bit.

As far as forum vs facebook goes, its apples to oranges. Facebook will never been my source for technical information. Its good for sharing in the moment content, and asking for quick help. Never are you going to find a How-To or a in depth repair instruction. Plus try finding any kind of archive there. This is important as it is what sets you apart work with it. Reading through I've seen numerous people ask for the content in some way or another (USB/ DVD ect). This is fear from the people that know of the content, the job is getting this content to others. Back to the facebook thing, it wins in that quick information you can deliver that here.
[snip]

I probably only check the forum every few months now so I'm late to the party here. I'm sure the global pandemic didn't improve anyone's situation. But I wanted to share my two cents. Having discovered this forum in 2001 I feel like I've seen it through good times and bad. But here is my take.

As above, I am on Facebook all day every day. Mostly because I'm working from home now and need diversion. PFF in it's hey day was fun, but now in GFC chat it's like watching grass grow. Facebook has several Fiero Groups,, (for T-Tops, Indy, 3800, etc), I even started one of my own, (for Fieros and Mid-engine Corvettes). It's like GFC was in its hey day. You post something and get immediate feedback.

That said, the PFF "Archive" and "How-to" section is invaluable. 99% of the time when someone on Facebook asks a technical question a link back to PFF is posted. Or someone asks how do I ...? the answer is a link to PFF. Or if I google my car, I get a hit on PFF.

So I vote to keep the archive and how to sections on the live internet at all cost. If that means plastering it with ads or a subscription then that's cool with me. If GFC, T/OT and the Mall disappeared I honestly wouldn't miss them too much.

Lastly Cliff, I'm sorry to hear about your life situation. Been there, got the T-shirt, it sucks I know. Hopefully the Forum will survice in some form. V8 Archie is semi-retired, Rodney is thinking about it, the Fiero Factory is about to go under. The Fiero hobby is evaporating before our eyes. Time to get into Camaros and Mustangs? It may be inevitable.

Best Regards,

Jonathan
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I respectfully disagree that the GFC and TD&Q areas are abandoned. Far from it. They are still very active and questions are always answered quickly. If you look at the first page of threads in GFC (or TD&Q for that matter), you see that not a single question has gone unanswered. Also, all of the 40 threads visible on the first page have been active in the past week or so.

The Mall is also still very, very active.

PFF is still a very busy place. Look at these numbers (as can be found on the main page):

There are currently 156 users browsing the forum (6 members, 150 visitors).
Most user online: 600 on Sat, Apr 4 2020 - 10:30PM .
73 unique members posted a message yesterday.
433 unique members posted a message in the past 30 days

Those are still quite impressive numbers and in no way inflated or manipulated. Agreed, it's a lot less than it used to be (about 1/3) but compared to other forums who have all but died, PFF is still a very active and alive forum.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF is still a very busy place.

Agreed, it's a lot less than it used to be (about 1/3) but compared to other forums who have all but died, PFF is still a very active and alive forum.

You say this ^ ^ ^

But then you post this v v v

Most user online: 600 on Sat, Apr 4 2020 - 10:30PM .

That number is recent.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2020 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's natural that a specialty car like the Fiero sees diminished interest and the market that goes with it. It takes more effort when the market goes away. Even musclecars are seeing it though. The Corvair, Zcar, MG and so many more experienced it. If PFF goes all out to facebook to recapture eyes, hopefully the forum doesn't go away, because I intend to never engage in facebook.

The other hobby I'm engaged in never has posts regarding/mentioning or referencing facebook. It's old guys like me and older. Never do I read a post on the 4-5 forums about something said or seen on facebook. It isn't a super active hobby but the point is nobody mentions it.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

That number is recent.

Correct. But that's because the database that holds those number got corrupted one day and I had to reset it. That number used to be up in the thousands when the Kathryn story hit CNN. And got even higher when the Tyler Shipman story hit the news (or it could be other way around - not sure). Before both those story, the max number was around 1,300.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11610 posts
Member since Jan 99
Here are those numbers taken from my log files (I keep no log of "most users online), that's why I couldn't restore it when the database got corrupted):

Exactly 10 years ago (04/23/2010):

359 members posted a message yesterday.
1545 members posted a message in the past 30 days.
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new post (topic) that is added will generate an email to the subscriber. This way I can see the notification any time someone adds something to the mall without manually going to the site several times a day. If something hits my fancy I can click the link log in and comment on the topic posted

Lets not throw this baby out with the bath water here. lol... I would absolutely love this feature
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, I actually found this in a (very) old backup!

Most user online: 1622 on Wed, Sep 19 2012 - 05:00PM .
156 unique members posted a message yesterday.
934 unique members posted a message in the past 30 days
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11610 posts
Member since Jan 99

Lets not throw this baby out with the bath water here. lol... I would absolutely love this feature

I'll see what I can do. 😁
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll see what I can do. 😁

That is why you are the best
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Correct. But that's because the database that holds those number got corrupted one day and I had to reset it. That number used to be up in the thousands when the Kathryn story hit CNN. And got even higher when the Tyler Shipman story hit the news (or it could be other way around - not sure). Before both those story, the max number was around 1,300.

Got it.
87FieroAnd944S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroAnd944SSend a Private Message to 87FieroAnd944SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would also appreciate the feature. This way we can get nearly instant notification similar to Facebook's push notifications directly to our phones. That is most of why many have migrated to the Book of Many Faces.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new post (topic) that is added will generate an email to the subscriber. This way I can see the notification any time someone adds something to the mall without manually going to the site several times a day.

Since this already exists for posts, by clicking subscribe. Maybe it wouldnt be too hard for it to exist for entire areas like "the mall".
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Since this already exists for posts, by clicking subscribe. Maybe it wouldnt be too hard for it to exist for entire areas like "the mall".

I feel like if this was implemented then the only reason why someone would visit PFF is if their interest was piqued by a specific thread. Why bother coming to PFF every day when you'll get notified instantly via email and you can decide if it's of interest or not? Web traffic would plummet.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

I feel like if this was implemented then the only reason why someone would visit PFF is if their interest was piqued by a specific thread. Why bother coming to PFF every day when you'll get notified instantly via email and you can decide if it's of interest or not? Web traffic would plummet.

Maybe if the email only had a headline of the post? But you may be right.
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

The forums I help manage the effect has been quite the opposite. When there is an email notification to a section (if you subscribe) rather than someone coming to the forum once or twice a day... they follow the link and go straight to the ad or topic. Most people wont use it.. but the ones that do come to the site more often. It also prompts people to post more items knowing that there will be mass communication to the user base (which in this case is massive) creating more traffic as well.

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The forums I help manage the effect has been quite the opposite. When there is an email notification to a section (if you subscribe) rather than someone coming to the forum once or twice a day... they follow the link and go straight to the ad or topic. Most people wont use it.. but the ones that do come to the site more often. It also prompts people to post more items knowing that there will be mass communication to the user base (which in this case is massive) creating more traffic as well.

How many people come to the forum and participate enough in order to make implementing this worth it?

And yes, of course they will follow the link and go straight to the topic in question. That's why they are receiving the email. What are the odds they will stick around to look at the other sections? Not high at all, otherwise they already would've been here without the link as a hook.
PFF
System Bot
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey it's cool we don't agree on this. I respect your opinion. I've seen it work first hand that being said it is a different industry/hobby.

There is a revenue issue with the forum. Adding a feature isn't a bad thing. Especially if the feature helps drive push notifications in a digital world where the next generations expect it. Change and evolution is required to survive.

Just suggesting ideas to try to keep this not just alive but healthy for years to come.

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey it's cool we don't agree on this. I respect your opinion. I've seen it work first hand that being said it is a different industry/hobby.

There is a revenue issue with the forum. Adding a feature isn't a bad thing. Especially if the feature helps drive push notifications in a digital world where the next generations expect it. Change and evolution is required to survive.

Just suggesting ideas to try to keep this not just alive but healthy for years to come.

Oh, for sure, no two people will agree with everything. Of course, I believe the more features available the better, but whether or not Cliff will see an acceptable ROI is not something I know. I believe the issue facing this forum is an aging enthusiast population in addition to losing ground to Facebook. I'm 22 years old and I'm probably the youngest person using this forum on a daily basis. Most of the time I see the same people commenting over and over and it's sad.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2020 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like a good idea, if you're also able to disable the feature. Other forums where you're auto-subscribed to threads I reply to I visit more of the forum more often. Even sites I visit many times per day that also have email notifications cause me to visit more often. It's sometimes part of the forum I haven't been to lately.

Concerning Pennocks subscriptions, I wouldn't know where it is even though it's probably easily seen

jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by sourmash

Concerning Pennocks subscriptions, I wouldn't know where it is even though it's probably easily seen

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock