Replies: 154 (4786 views)
Last post by: jessesmith121 on 04-24-2020 07:25 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, weird thread subject that needs a bit of explaining. So here goes...

First of all, I hope you appreciate how big a threshold it is for me telling you this. Also, this is not some sneaky way to get donations. I am truly simply asking for advice.

If you are not really interested in hearing my cringeworthy whine about my life (because that's what it is), just skip over below "Click to show" and read on after it.

Click to show

There is one other thing I own that is worth some money. PFF. Granted, it's not worth as much as it used to be since the facebook group has eaten away half of my traffic (meaning ad income has more than halved as well), but it's still worth something. At least, that's what I think. I have tried to win some traffic back. By introducing new features. And by finally creating the mobile version. But it did not help. I do see traffic increase slightly. But (ad) income doesn't. I am not commercial enough to lift PFF to it's full commercial potential. But it has the traffic. According to Google Analytics, between 1500 and 2000 unique users visit PFF daily. On average, they spend over 5 minutes on PFF (which is a huge average for that many users). And yet, ad income averages out at $5 per day. I know that's because I don't have a lot of ads and placement isn't anywhere near optimized. But with this amount of visitors, someone who knows what he's doing should be able to increase this tremendously.

V8 Archie has retired (did he sell his business, can't remember?). Rodney Dickman is selling his business and retiring. Maybe I should too? I've been at the wheel for over 21 years now. Maybe it's time to pass it on... But is PFF really worth something? And how "blasphemous" would it be if Pennock's Fiero Forum is no longer owned by Pennock? The fact the "Pennock's Fiero Forum" group on facebook has nothing to do with me doesn't seem to bother anyone.

In the past, people suggested "paid memberships". Create a members-only section of PFF where only the paid members have access to. But I know how that goes. At first perhaps a few people might actually become a paid member. But the novelty soon wears off. The members-only section dies out (what should be discussed there?) and soon nobody will be a paid member anymore. I really have exhausted all my ideas of generating some sort of income through PFF.

Any advice in this matter would be helpful.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you an email
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If one of your thoughts was to sell out to AutoGuide, that would be a huge mistake.

AutoGuide recently revamped their format and are literally killing off every forum they own. Even the largest and strongest forums lost over 1/2 their traffic since December 2019. The smaller but still good size forums now have less traffic than PFF and are destine to be a fond memory.

How do I know this? I'm a Mod for 2 of their forums.

If you want to guarantee this place to get killed off, sell to AutoGuide
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could I suggest creating a CD or DVD (or set if one is not big enough) of the entire forum contents and selling them to raise some revenue. Or maybe there is one already and I've just not seen it.
Whatever happens, and I hope it all works out for you, it would be a huge loss to lose all the knowledge held here.
For what it's worth, while I am on several FB Fiero related groups, I still prefer to come here because FB stuff just moves on, it's not really searchable or meant to be a repository of knowledge, more an 'in the moment' thing.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patreon? or something similar?
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe all the technical information and "how to's" on PFF would be worth something. I've noticed several "new to the Forum" posts lately. This encourages me, as new people are discovering the hobby of Fiero's. I guess the "buy me a beer" tab isn't making you a lot.
Maybe a solution for you would be to charge a small membership fee? I'm a member on a snowmobile website. I think it charges like $21 for a 3 year membership. The public is allowed to view the web site, but if you want to search or post, you must be a member. Allowing the public to view may get them interested enough to sign up to a membership. I'm sure others who utilize the information on PFF would be agreeable to a nominal fee.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2020 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What ever you do, you are appreciated for what you have done.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not look at hosting some sub forums for other clubs and charge them a fee?
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sledcaddie:
Maybe a solution for you would be to charge a small membership fee? I'm a member on a snowmobile website. I think it charges like $21 for a 3 year membership. The public is allowed to view the web site, but if you want to search or post, you must be a member. Allowing the public to view may get them interested enough to sign up to a membership. I'm sure others who utilize the information on PFF would be agreeable to a nominal fee.

You could do this, but I suspect that new casual users will be dissuaded from paying in order to post... they would rather pay with their private data on facebook.

The current forum regulars will probably pay to post, though that will dry up at some point as they leave without replacements coming in... but forums in general are drying up. But if circumstances have you require a short-term cash injection, this will do it.

Ideally, I think that this forum should be seen more as a hobby/fun side thing to have with no expectations of return on investment. I don't see there being much money to squeeze out of this.

Since you're low on money, I'd suggest the pay-to-post model to get some cash. You'll risk killing the forum doing that, but you need to feed yourself... that should be your priority.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

If one of your thoughts was to sell out to AutoGuide, that would be a huge mistake.

I have no idea what AutoGuide is. I haven't thought of anything yet.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11569 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by sledcaddie:

I've noticed several "new to the Forum" posts lately.

There are still 2-3 new sign ups each and every day.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I have no idea what AutoGuide is. I haven't thought of anything yet.

They are based in Canada and are buying up many to most of the motor vehicle forums.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to charge members anything. I've always said that as long as I'm in charge of PFF, it will be free for its members. But the problem is that in its current form, I can no longer afford it. It's not too hard to make it pay for itself, by for instance optimizing the Google Ads I'm using.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ll admit, I don’t visit as often as I used to which was a lot!). My priorities over the years have changed and just don’t come around. But, because I still felt loyal to you Cliff, I’ve kept my monthly donation going. If it would help, I’d gladly increase it so that I know it will be here when I need it in the future. -Jason
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't want to charge members anything. I've always said that as long as I'm in charge of PFF, it will be free for its members. But the problem is that in its current form, I can no longer afford it. It's not too hard to make it pay for itself, by for instance optimizing the Google Ads I'm using.

I for one would not object to more ads. They are unobtrusive and do not detract from the forum. If there were more because they are needed to keep this site up and running- then go for it!

I am admittedly ignorant to how it all works, but whatever it takes to keep this site going, I'm in. Also, I know your not looking for it, but I will be "buying you a beer" this payday. Doesn't solve your problem, but hopefully will help!

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 02-11-2020).]

87FieroAnd944S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroAnd944SSend a Private Message to 87FieroAnd944SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am a member here, have been for about 2 years or 3, and I'm 19. I have never really posted or commented on here but this topic is important. I love Fieros and the fact we have one of the last active Online Forums. It's really cool. That being said though, as we know Facebook has replaced nearly all onlind forums. As a 19 year old I feel I know what we can do to keep the forum active for future generations and years to come. I am not sure how much time or effort you want to put into it, but taking the mobile version one step further and making it into a mobile app would motivate myself and so many other people to use the forum. I do not know about the rest of you but myself and a group of other young Fiero owners are getting annoyed with how the main Facebook group is being run so a seperate app could bring in others like us. There would be more ad opportunities on a mobile app as well as. If you were able to gain a following on said app and Pennocks Fiero Forum becomes known with all of us younger owners it may become "hip" again. Then the opportunity arises for selling stickers, goodies, t shirts, etc. Fiero people love Fiero relayed clothing so if you put some out with your logo and name too, I'm sure that would catch on IF like I said, the forum/app gains traction with the younger audience. Thanks for all that you have done for our community, and I hope you keep hanging in there for a bit longer, Cliff! -Larkin
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about having silent partners with you running it
Sell off 49% to one or a few of us with you still controlling the other 51%
Just my $0.02
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Selling merch is actually something I've been doing for quite some time. (link)

But I've always wanted to make Fiero front fascia badges with my 2k8 logo:

These are mock-ups of course. I never got to make them because I needed to have them made by the hundreds. But perhaps I can turn this into a kickstarter project?
TheseusRises

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Larkin. A mobile app would be the next step. Optimised ads are a good start as well.

But, the Facebook group is run by a bunch of morons. It's turned into a place where people post false information, talk **** , and expect others to just agree with them. God forbid you disagree with an admin..

Unfortunately, Facebook is just a monopoly when it comes to social networking. Forums included.

I suggest saving everything that is posted on PFF, regardless of what you do in the end. Make sure nothing is lost. This forum holds too much valuable information.

But, once again, I think an app is the next step.

I'm young enough to see that the current format of this site is outdated, but, old enough that I don't really mind.

Fiero owners are getting old. People are retiring, that's just the nature of things. The car is 35 years old. People that were old enough to have one new, as a first car, are nearing their 60s. The next generation of owners will step up, within the next 5-10 years, but, is that something you can afford to count on? Absolutely not.

The only real 100% surefire way to keep Pennocks alive, is to start with a Data Dump. One file, that contains all the knowledge and information of Pennocks.

And then, wait for the next generation to step up.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know exactly how much data PFF currently holds (it's spread out over two servers and there's some overlap), but my guess is it's about 30GB.
NTJoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NTJoeSend a Private Message to NTJoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Could I suggest creating a CD or DVD (or set if one is not big enough) of the entire forum contents and selling them to raise some revenue. Or maybe there is one already and I've just not seen it.
Whatever happens, and I hope it all works out for you, it would be a huge loss to lose all the knowledge held here.
For what it's worth, while I am on several FB Fiero related groups, I still prefer to come here because FB stuff just moves on, it's not really searchable or meant to be a repository of knowledge, more an 'in the moment' thing.

I would agree this would be a great way to drive up some quick revenue - I know I would be a buyer!. Then optimizing your ads would not be unwelcome here either.
PFF
System Bot
NTJoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NTJoeSend a Private Message to NTJoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another option might be to bring on a couple of partners to help out with expenses and to take some of the burden off your shoulders.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The fact the "Pennock's Fiero Forum" group on facebook has nothing to do with me doesn't seem to bother anyone.

As much as it may "bother" us (as members of the real PFF), what can we possibly do about it (besides boycotting that FB group)?

Is there not something that you can do about it? It's your name! Are there no rules or regulations in place at FB to prevent misrepresentation and/or unauthorized use of a name?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-11-2020).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

As much as it may "bother" us (as members of the real PFF), what can we possibly do about it (besides boycotting that FB group)?

In all honesty, I had no idea the FB group existed until a few months ago. Apparently there was some kind of discussion going on in that group about how disrespectful it was that they were using the PFF name while I had nothing to do with it. I was contacted by one of the moderators and they asked me to give my 2c worth. My 2c were actually that I did not mind much. I would have liked it if they asked first but since they didn't and the group was already so popular, I decided to just let it go. They actually made me "honorary" moderator of the FB group - but they requested me also to let them do the moderating. I don't visit the FB group at all and the fact I'm an honorary moderator doesn't really mean anything to me.

I don't want anyone to boycot anything. I believe in the preservation of the Fiero, and if a FB group is needed to reach a whole other demographic than here on PFF, than that's fine with me. The only problem for me is that I've lost quite a bit of traffic because of the FB group, and that puts the existence of PFF in danger. So it's a double edged sword.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the things that is creating problems is that most people think the Fiero is no good; Car & Drivel did everything they could to kill the car back in the 80s....If you read their road tests of the Fiero it sounded like the car was a Three-legged dog with mange.....Apparently everyone I talk to (In the SF Bay Area) has read those CD tests but not the 1985 GT tests in R&T and MT.....and then Peter Egan's test of the 87 GT in the R&T sports & GT special. Those were good reviews.

Something that might help our situation is to get someone to publicize the truth....Jalopnik, Hemmings, Hagerty, etc. Just publishing the R&T and MT 85 tests would open a lot of eyes...I did a write-up on this whole situation and tried to send it to Larry Webster at Hagerty but never heard back- But he worked at C&D so he probably would never allow bad info to be published about his former employer....

I know this would be more of a long term fix- Short term, I think you should definitely allow more ads, and then, if needed, charge for posting.
Jay-ID

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think more ads would be an easy thing for this community to accept. There are recommendations like https://acceptableads.com/committee. I'd be fine with "excessive" ads, knowing that it keeps this place solvent and hopefully provides some income for Cliff.

Would VigLink (in-text advertising) be worth considering? I've seen that on RSWarrior.com and it is acceptable. I could see linking through Pennock's for RockAuto or O'Reilly purchases. Sticky posts for common parts could boost this revenue.

These changes may require a chunk of funds to achieve. With a described plan, I think enough of this community would contribute (whether through the beer mechanism or something like Kickstarter).

Sending another round of beer
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’d hate to see this place go away. I’ve been a member a long time. I don’t visit as much as I used to because life is busy. I’m not on Facebook so if PFF went away I wouldn’t know where to get any information.

I’d have no problem with more ads. If you could optimize the ads to make more money then that should happen. Maybe find someone here who could help with that.

I’d be in for some emblems if they were ever produced. I’ll admit I didn’t know about the merchandise. I wonder if a paid area for clubs to post their events or a paid vender section would work? Venders could offer discounts or group buys for their products? I wish I had some other ideas but I don’t at the moment.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Swap in progress

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF is the first site I visit in mornings and last one before i go to sleep
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe in the preservation of the Fiero, and if a FB group is needed to reach a whole other demographic than here on PFF, than that's fine with me. The only problem for me is that I've lost quite a bit of traffic because of the FB group, and that puts the existence of PFF in danger.

IMO, allowing a FB group to use your name, to draw traffic away from here (the real PFF) was a huge mistake.

PFF needs to attract a younger audience to continue being viable. You've made some l-o-n-g awaited changes recently to more easily allow the posting of images from a phone. That was huge step in the right direction. Now maybe work on developing a mobile app, as has been mentioned in this thread.

I completely understand that your life has taken priority over this site, but if it's still possible to pull victory from the jaws of defeat (with some relatively minor modifications), go for it!
turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Run ads ... have the fb site shut down for using your name ... start a fb site using your name and run ads ...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The truth is it is a tough go for nearly every model and make as the auto hobby has been in decline. The younger gen is more about a Jeep and trucks or just video games.

Auto magazines are dying, web sites are dying and clubs are dying.

I work in the performance industry and everyone is preparing for a tough future. I hope it hangs on til, I retire.

I wish I had an answer.

Just look at the Pontiac magazines. The last one is now merged with a club to hang on.

There are so many questions and so few answers.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2020 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no solid answers, but please run more ads if that would help. You have amazing grace to allow this to run and be free, but you need to take care of Cliff Pennock.

Could you advertise elsewhere? How would we get Pennocks Fiero Forum to achieve more hits?
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, whatever you do, try not to sell out to the big site guys. I used to frequent a site that was a great resource for HD Sportster owners. The owner sold it to a "commercial" site and from that point on it went down hill. But that said you have to do what's right for you. God bless, man.

Anyway...I just bought you a six-pack. C'mon, everyone. Put your hands in your pockets and buy Cliff a beer or 12. You know you would do it if he was in a pub standing next to you. Don't let the fact he's not beside you hold you back. Think of everything he's done for us. Do it or we're likely to lose the best resource we have for our addiction.
------------------
Mike in Sydney

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 02-11-2020).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe update the donations page to show all the current monthly donations. The last info is from 2015

//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...nounce&ForumNumber=1

Many of us have been proudly sending reoccurring donations for years. We all have received so much enjoyment and "how to" information from this site.

Hope more members could find a few extra dollars to help Cliff and all of us.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or we could each give cliff 5 bucks! That should amount to 10k if all the active members do it.

I’m fine with more ads as well. Another option is allow free registration but charge a buck or 2 to list an item for sale in the mall. It’s still way cheaper than listing on eBay.
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry for your tough few years. Your website has brought me so much happiness and i've made friends here. I appreciate your work so much. I wouldn't have my fiero if it wasn't for this website and it wouldn't be running either.

i will be praying for you.

God Bless
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Maybe update the donations page to show all the current monthly donations. The last info is from 2015

Apparently the page had disappeared (expired) and since it's about the only page I don't keep recent backups of, I actually had to restore it from the internet archive (archive.org). And the most recent version the internet archive had was from 2015!
Biggest_of_A

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Biggest_of_ASend a Private Message to Biggest_of_AEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is totally bogus that the FB group sought to capitalize off your name and fame. Lowlifes

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not posted for years so here is my 2c

I am really sorry to hear this story Cliff. I know life can be hard and you have been too nice to people along the way. But you sleep at night. I too have had hard times for some time. Similar thing, former house owner now renting etc etc, but am still married.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I don't have much but I share.

Have you considered getting the facebook group taken down or you take it over? You really do have every right to it and facebook will probably agree. You could then at least try to repair the damage it has done.
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there would be a market if you built a site that acts like Facebook groups using either firestore or aws lambda with an ionic - angular/react/Vue front end and sold it as an application on codecanyon/ionic store. You could then use this site as your development platform.

You could do 2 models, a saas model where people could setup their own site on your platform and pay a monthly fee, or just straight up sell the code to people to host it themselves.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock