Started on: 02-08-2020 07:20 AM
Replies: 42 (1167 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 02-21-2020 08:11 AM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroStore:

IMSA, do you know from first hand experience that the panels are molded incorrectly? Or are you just spreading rumors without having all of the pertinent information again? Regardless, if anyone would like to start a new thread or contact us directly, we will be happy to answer questions or explain the design of the door panels (or any other part that we sell).

I really don't want to start another thread about this matter. I don't need to beat up your company over things that you MAY NOT have control over. But these are the simple things that can make a good sale go bad. This is the panel with NO fastener installed. The mount is pushing against the door creating the gap. Add the fastener and it adds probably another 1/4" to the gap. To have your vendor correct this may cost more than it's worth but the vendor should have tested this before doing a mass production run and shipping them to you.
IP: Logged
FieroStore

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So we've gone from this:

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
Hence my statement of "parts that actually fit the car and work". That's the LAST company I'm hoping would make an offer. Hopefully it sells to someone who actually cares about the quality and fitment of the products.

I crap on the Fiero Store due to their lack of quality control on the reproduction or custom parts.

…..to this:

I don't need to beat up your company over things that you MAY NOT have control over.

Hopefully you can see the difference in the attitudes conveyed in these quotes. We can work with the new understanding IMSA GT, but we're tired of getting consistently kicked in the teeth by the old IMSA GT who thinks he knows everything about our business and our products. Moving forward, we hope you will realize that questions are far more constructive than blanket statements.

With regard to the door panel picture IMSA posted, that doesn't appear to be his car, so we're assuming he has no first hand experience with our door panels. Regardless, we're happy to address the issue. Our door panels are not injection molded, mass produced pieces. Tooling for injection molding would be financially unfeasible, so we're forced to use vacuum formed plastic, which requires a great deal of trimming by hand. This absolutely leads to minor variations in fit and small gaps like the one shown in the picture should be expected. In order to make door panels that fit perfectly, the cost would be prohibitively high ($100k+). We made a conscious decision to accept that gap since it makes the panels more affordable and since very few people look straight down the door at that angle. On the bright side, the gap may help those planning to wrap the door panels in vinyl, suede, or any other material.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my 2 cents

I just ordered about $1000 worth of parts from TFS, which came in 2 large boxes (included quarter windows and sway bar)

Shipping to a Michigan mailbox came out to USPS about $40- very reasonable

I am happy with the product quality and pricing.

As someone with a tool and die & Mold Making/machining background, I can appreciate and understand that creating tooling to produce stamped or injection molded parts (which make up most of our Fieros).. would be cost prohibitive and never turn a profit. So sometimes we have to "make do" with vacuum formed parts.

And yes, the correct spelling for more than one Fiero is Fieros... Not Fiero's.... in case I confused anyone
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock