Wing/Wingless? by American Exotic
Started on: 02-06-2020 10:44 PM
Replies: 11 (327 views)
Last post by: Crasian on 02-10-2020 10:54 PM
American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing a quick check to see if I can post pictures now. If this works, help me decide, wing or wingless?

[This message has been edited by American Exotic (edited 02-06-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Go big, or go home.

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, not sure I agree with Patrick on that one.

I like to no wing myself.
nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im a wing guy, but on the Fiero I like wingless
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I go back and forth with myself on this a lot. I think it looks sleek and smooth without a wing, but I don't think the wing looks out of place either.

I have 2 87 GTs. One is going to keep the wing when I'm finished with it. The other GT will be without a wing after I rebuild it. It came with an ugly wing on it when I got it anyway, so it's a perfect candidate to go wingless.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1985 Fiero 2M4

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2020 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either is nice. A lip spoiler is nice too.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Either is nice. A lip spoiler is nice too.

Agreed - lip spoiler is best!
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine came from the factory this way.

American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, definitely don’t agree with Patrick with the Go big or Go home, but pretty hilarious. What stinks is it seems like every spring when pulling it out of storage. I change my mind. Love the wing one year. Next year, not so much. It’s a 5 minute job so No Biggie, that’s the nice part. I think I need to find a “Somewhere in the Middle.” Either considering drilling new holes and backing the wing up a bit. Or find an alternate wing. The Dodge Shadow looked nice or something close to that look. More of a Lip spoiler. Nothing to big but not naked either. It’s always nice to have options, but sometimes Sucks to! I Love pics so if anyone has any other wings they installed, let’s see them. Thanks
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by American Exotic:

Well, definitely don’t agree with Patrick with the Go big or Go home, but pretty hilarious.

Just to be clear, I don't agree with it either. Those two images were posted in a previous "wing" thread here. Quite radical to say the least.
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wing

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

PFF
System Bot
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No wing.. my current ‘88 GT has no wing, no sunroof, not even A/C! I love it!

-Crasian

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock