Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. by Chief08
Started on: 02-05-2020 10:16 PM
Replies: 131 (3334 views)
Last post by: Chief08 on 11-12-2020 06:18 PM
Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I finally got my hands on a good 88 GT with t-tops. I bought it and drove it home 800 miles with no issues. I have a lot of plans for this car with a planned budget of $20 - $25K. That being said, I'll be needing lots of help and input from you guys. Plans include:

Exterior: Complete paint job: need help deciding on a color. New sail panel windows, fog lights (suggestions), powder coat engine vents and wiper arms, LED tail lights.

Wheels/tires: having trouble finding a 17x7 F, 17x 8 , or 18x8 rear.

Engine/Trans Swap: I really need help here, I can't weld, or do Fab work, so I either need to find someone who does swaps, or find someone to help with the Fab work. Considering 3800 SC with F40.

Interior: Custom leather heated seats, momo Evo steering wheel, G1 Dash, Dakota Digital HDX custom gauge package. Push button start with keyless entry, navigation head unit, carpet, door panels, new seat belt webbing, new shift knob, illuminated power window switches, tint, homelink auto dimming mirror, and HUD if possible. I would also like to add a more modern climate control panel/interface.

I'm sure there is more, but this is a good start.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Zentaury

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZentaurySend a Private Message to ZentauryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great name! When I saw the car for sale I thought that for me it would be a finished car...
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it doesn't actually "need" anything, but this is a project car for me, so it's just the starting point as it sits now.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I would so drive that car as is.
I would enjoy it for a while before diving into mods, but that`s just me.
Have fun.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chief08:

Considering 3800 SC with F40.

Complete kit to install F40 6-speed
(you need to buy a transmission too)
http://www.v8archie.us/master-kit.html

.------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-06-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya, but I've been waiting for this for a long time. Everything I plan to do is an improvement from where it is now.

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Yea, I would so drive that car as is.
I would enjoy it for a while before diving into mods, but that`s just me.
Have fun.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Thanks, I'll check it out.

[ QUOTE]Originally posted by fierosound:

Complete kit to install F40 6-speed
(you need to buy a transmission too)
http://www.v8archie.us/master-kit.html

.[/QUOTE]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Has anyone used the Fiero Store reproduction door panels with the speakers? I'm just wondering if you like them, and if they are good quality.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a nice looking car as it sits. Welcome and good luck with the build.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, it does look good. I call it the skunk.

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

That is a nice looking car as it sits. Welcome and good luck with the build.

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you get that car near sacramento ca
PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I did.

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

you get that car near sacramento ca

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There’s a guy on Facebook doing ls4 swaps. I think he’ll offer turnkey swaps on the cradle.
Might be worth looking into.
Can wait to see what you’ll do with it.
Remember, friends don’t let friends drive stock Fieros.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I'll definitely check it out. My concern with a V8 is that the torque may be too much for a t-top car.

QUOTE]Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

There’s a guy on Facebook doing ls4 swaps. I think he’ll offer turnkey swaps on the cradle.
Might be worth looking into.
Can wait to see what you’ll do with it.
Remember, friends don’t let friends drive stock Fieros.

[/QUOTE]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know the proper way to stow the t-tops in the trunk?
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should have a bag for each T-top and a set of straps int the trunk to hold them in place.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The straps are there but, I'm not sure how to arrange them in The straps. Do I stack the panels on top of each other?
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2020 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
So, I think I've decided on a color. This is House of Color's Wild Cherry.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed the seat belts and sent them off to be reconditioned and add black webbing.

I also replaced the door strikers with better ones, this made a huge difference.

More to follow.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the new door striker help with the clanky close? What part did you use? Thanks!
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, my doors don't clunk any more, well worth the $16. This is what I used.

QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo86se:

Did the new door striker help with the clanky close? What part did you use? Thanks![/QUOTE]

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chief08:

Thanks I'll definitely check it out. My concern with a V8 is that the torque may be too much for a t-top car.

QUOTE][b]

No, its not.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chief08:

QUOTE][b]

No, its not.

Awesome, good to know. I'm looking at an LS4/F40 swap.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2020 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished up the dynamat today, and the new carpet came in

Also, I got new wheels/tires, but when I went to mount them, I discovered that the studs are too short.

v3rm3lx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v3rm3lxSend a Private Message to v3rm3lxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I removed the seat belts and sent them off to be reconditioned and add black webbing.

More to follow.

Where did you send the seat belts to? I've been wanting to do this but all the information I've seen says that it's difficult to still have a functioning retractor afterwards.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by v3rm3lx:

Where did you send the seat belts to? I've been wanting to do this but all the information I've seen says that it's difficult to still have a functioning retractor afterwards.

I sent them to a place in Massachusetts called safety restore, e everything seems to be fine.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2020 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone recommend a set of rotors that are bigger than stock that don't require modification?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something like this 13" brake rotor kit?

13" rotor upgrade that allows you to retain the stock calipers, parking brake and parking brake cables. It is a bolt on installation w/o any other modifications to the upright or a-arms for proper clearance. It does require 17" wheels, use with lowering ball joints is not recommended due to interference issues, and longer braided stainless steel brake hoses are typically used as well.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060122.html
http://fieroguruperformance.com/
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

13" rotor upgrade that allows you to retain the stock calipers, parking brake and parking brake cables. It is a bolt on installation w/o any other modifications to the upright or a-arms for proper clearance. It does require 17" wheels, use with lowering ball joints is not recommended due to interference issues, and longer braided stainless steel brake hoses are typically used as well.

Yes, something like that. What are those pieces of hardware shown with the rotors?

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Well, I got the new seat belts put in. I also installed the new carpet on the passenger side, but with the dynamat and the stock carpet underneath, it is too thick, so I can't get the trim pieces to line up properly. Unfortunately I am going to have to remove it. The carpet listed for sale in the mall.

DrXtreme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrXtremeSend a Private Message to DrXtremeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on testing your t-top theory now that my 1988 Mera water leak is fixed and on the road. It has a 1996 Northstar V8 with auto trans in it.

Dr Xtreme
PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrXtreme:

I plan on testing your t-top theory now that my 1988 Mera water leak is fixed and on the road. It has a 1996 Northstar V8 with auto trans in it.

Dr Xtreme

Sweet, let me know how it works out.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, something like that. What are those pieces of hardware shown with the rotors?

To run larger rotors with the stock calipers, you have to space the caliper out from the rotor center. The flat brackets with 4 holes move the calipers out to accept the 13" rotors vs 10 1/2" stock.
The rotors come from another application which uses a larger center bore for alignment to the hub. To keep the rotors properly centered on the smaller fiero hub, concentric rings are required to fill the gap.
The other two smaller parts are to extend the passenger side parking brake cable.
Bolts are needed to attach everything.
Sandpaper is provided to clean the rust off the hubs where the concentric rings fit.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 02-27-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To run larger rotors with the stock rotors, you have to space the caliper out from the rotor center. The flat brackets with 4 holes move the calipers out to accept the 13" rotors vs 10 1/2" stock.
The rotors come from another application which uses a larger center bore for alignment to the hub. To keep the rotors properly centered on the smaller fiero hub, concentric rings are required to fill the gap.
The other two smaller parts are to extend the passenger side parking brake cable.
Bolts are needed to attach everything.
Sandpaper is provided to clean the rust off the hubs where the concentric rings fit.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the info, I truly appreciate it.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I finally got the wheels mounted after the wheel stud fiasco.

Next, I'll be installing the homelink mirror. Can anyone suggest a fairly easy place to tap into accessory power?
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I finally got the wheels mounted after the wheel stud fiasco.

Next, I'll be installing the homelink mirror. Can anyone suggest a fairly easy place to tap into accessory power?

What make of wheels did you buy? Size and offset please.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

What make of wheels did you buy? Size and offset please.

They are TSW Seibring 17"×8" 35mm offset.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
I finally got my switch panel set up.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are the rotors drilled to the Fiero bolt pattern?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are the rotors drilled to the Fiero bolt pattern?

Not for their OEM application,
Yes, when purchased as part of my brake kit.
I have also posted a DIY thread on how you can drill them yourself as well.
https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...0346&style=printable
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock