Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. by Chief08
Started on: 02-05-2020 10:16 PM
Replies: 131 (3334 views)
Last post by: Chief08 on 11-12-2020 06:18 PM
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chief08:

They are TSW Seibring 17"×8" 35mm offset.

"
Thanks, I like them, here is the info....

TSW Sebring silver with mirror cut face
17X8 Offset 35. Bolt pattern 5X100

I got them from wheelfire,com

I hope this helps you."

Chief what did you do about the hub bore size? when I look up this wheel the hub bore is different than the one on Fiero OEM wheels.
IP: Logged
Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

"
Thanks, I like them, here is the info....

TSW Sebring silver with mirror cut face
17X8 Offset 35. Bolt pattern 5X100

I got them from wheelfire,com

I hope this helps you."

Chief what did you do about the hub bore size? when I look up this wheel the hub bore is different than the one on Fiero OEM wheels.

The wheels came with hub rings, they sent the wrong size at first, but I got it straightened out.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The wheels came with hub rings, they sent the wrong size at first, but I got it straightened out.

Chief08 can you give me details, like what size rings did they send, and if I where to purchase wheels like these what size do I ask for so they don't send me the wrong ones as well.

Thanks

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08 can you give me details, like what size rings did they send, and if I where to purchase wheels like these what size do I ask for so they don't send me the wrong ones as well.

Thanks

I don't know what size the rings are. The first set was gray, and the correct ones were black.

Dave
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what size the rings are. The first set was gray, and the correct ones were black.

Dave

Thanks, could you also tell me if you are running the same size tires all around?

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, could you also tell me if you are running the same size tires all around?

I have 255s/40/17 in the rear, and 225/ 45/17 in the front.

Dave
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know where I can get the mirror kit that goes under the hood? I tried a Google search, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Dave

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 05-26-2020).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doe anybody know where I can get the mirror kit that goes under the hood? I tried a Google search, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Dave

snapperhead use to make these "Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid mirror"

do a search for snapperhead / snapperhead performance. Looks like they are into photography now, however might have
inventory left over.

If not maybe he can point you in the right direction.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87GT2M6

1297 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Doe anybody know where I can get the mirror kit that goes under the hood? I tried a Google search, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Dave

here check this link out. go to page 3 still has some pics showing up.
Door Sill Mirrors

wrong link above but does have good links within.

check this one out page 3

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...4-053137-3.html#p113

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 05-26-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here check this link out. go to page 3 still has some pics showing up.
Door Sill Mirrors

wrong link above but does have good links within.

check this one out page 3

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...4-053137-3.html#p113

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, does anybody know how these metal t-top trim pieces are attached to the car? Mine feel loose and I want to fix that. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 06-28-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my DIY paint booth set up, and spraying the t-top frames. I have already painted all of the trim black, next will be the back side edges of the body panels.

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 06-28-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone happen to have an extra round push-in clip for the sail frame that you would willing to part with.
Thanks,
Dave

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are any of you using the factory sub, or a different sub in the factory enclosure with an aftermarket head unit?
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a nice delivery from crutchfield today. This should be a nice upgrade from the stock speakers.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
My custom door panels also arrived today.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I swear you can't make this stuff up. I was putting the hood back on the car, and while I was adjusting it, it got caught on the stud circled in the picture and now it won't budge. The stud is wedged in the hole in the underside of the hood. The hole is similar to a key hole and the round top of the stud is stuck in the narrow part of the hole. I have tried unsuccessfully to wiggle it loose, and I'm afraid of damaging the hood. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2020 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be doing my engine swap soon, and it's between an LS4 and the 3800 SC. Let me know your opinion and the reasons behind your choice.
Thanks
turbodad2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2020 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those pins are safety pins to stop the hood from decapitating you in a crash. The hood is too far back. Try to loosen or unbolt the hood strut . Try to pull the hood forward then lift ...good luck.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2020 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad2:

Those pins are safety pins to stop the hood from decapitating you in a crash. The hood is too far back. Try to loosen or unbolt the hood strut . Try to pull the hood forward then lift ...good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion turbodad2, also I didn't know that's what those are for. In the picture below you can see the "keyhole" that I was referring to. The pin is in the narrower end of the hole, and it won't budge. I could have had my car painted by now (face palm).

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 08-14-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a brake rotor upgrade that will work with the RD lowering ball joints?
PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2020 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tap, Tap, is this thing on???? Lol.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, it's still too hot to paint and work in the garage, I decided to work on my seats in the AC. I am adding Mr. Mike's leather seat covers, heated seat kit, and liquicell gel pads. The first thing to do is to remove the seats from the car. First, move the seat all the way forward to remove the rear mounting nuts, then remove the front two nuts (giggity).

Next, remove the spring attached to the side of the seat rail.

Removed the hinge cover which is held on with two Phillip's head screws.

Remove the seat rails, held on by four 13mm bolts. Mark the rails with tape, chalk etc. to indicate the front side.

Remove the two 13mm hinge bolts, and the hinge rod pin on the opposite side using a T50 torx bit. Now, separate the seat back from the seat bottom and reinstall the two hinge bolts.

Flip the seat bottom over and remove the hog rings used to secure the front and back flaps to the seat frame. Slide the rubber dirt guard off of the flap and set it aside.

Next, remove the four hog rings on each side of the seat bottom, and roll the fabric up on to the top of the cushion.

Remove the hog rings from the listing rods which are located between the side bolster and the seat cushion. Pull the listing rods out and set aside.

Remove the fabric from the seat bottom.

Remove the velcro strips (88 only)

Use a razor blade to remove two small strips of foam to reveal the front and center listing wires.

There are three foam pads marked 1, 2, and 3. Starting with pad #1 spray the back side of it, and the corresponding area on the seat bottom with adhesive, and press pad firmly into place. Repeat these steps for pads 2, and 3 making sure to leave enough space between them to access the listing wires.

Lay the seat heater on the seat bottom tape side down with the wire harness toward the back. Make sure that the heater is centered and laying flat. Next, cut out a section of the heating element to access the listing wire, Leave the areas shaded in red intact (do not cut all the way across).

Now, the heating element can be secured to the seat cushion by lifting each edge and removing the adhesive backing, and applying pressure to the area. Make sure that the element is smooth and flat again.

Liquicell Pads: Lay out pads on the seat cushion and draw a line around them once they are properly placed. Next remove the pads from the seat cushion, lay them out and spray them with adhesive. using the provided templates, spray adhesive on the seat cushion also, two coats are recommended. Apply the pads to their marked locations ensuring that they are smooth and flat.

Seat cover: Take the new bottom seat cover and set it on top of the seat bottom. Locate the center listing wire on the underside of the seat cover and attach it to the center listing wire in the seat cushion using three hog rings.

Take the listing rods (sand them down if needed) and wrap some tape around the end which makes it slide through the seat easier. Next, insert the listing rods (one at a time) into the sleeves on the underside of the bottom seat cover until the end of the rods protrude out the back. Attach the rods to the rods in the seat cushion with two hog rings.

Attach the rear bottom seat cover listing wire to the seat cushion listing wire with three hog rings.

Take some of the supplied cotton material and place it on top of the bolster, gather the cotton and seat cover material and roll over the edge and down, repeat on other side.

Attach each side, and front flap to the factory attachment points under the seat bottom using hog rings.

Take the rubber dirt strip and slide it onto the rear flap, then attach the rear flap to the factory mounting position using hog rings.

I just need to smooth out the wrinkles and then I can start the seat back.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the before and after.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
My dash finally arrived today.

bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I see why it is titled "wallet drainer".
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

Very nice. I see why it is titled "wallet drainer".

Yeah, this project is true to its name.
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what double din are you looking at putting in your car?
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by predmeister:

what double din are you looking at putting in your car?

I'm going to use this pioneer head unit.

https://www.crutchfield.com...r-AVIC-W8600NEX.html
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2020 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to be doing my engine swap soon, and it's between an LS4 and the 3800 SC. Let me know your opinion and the reasons behind your choice.
Thanks

I would rather have an LS4 than a 3800SC. But honestly it is just a preference of mine. I think the V8 sounds better than the V6. BUT the 3800 may be an easier and cheaper swap. Both have amazing power and very reliable long lasting power.
gatorfrey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dorman striker you used that is listed on Amazon says it is a no fit to the Fiero. Am I seeing that right?
Most of those part numbers fit Fords.
Nice job on the window and mirror switch panel. Could you tell us where those parts came from?
Nice work, BTW. Real nice.
PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I would rather have an LS4 than a 3800SC. But honestly it is just a preference of mine. I think the V8 sounds better than the V6. BUT the 3800 may be an easier and cheaper swap. Both have amazing power and very reliable long lasting power.

I agree, I am going with the LS4/F40.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017

Originally posted by gatorfrey:

The dorman striker you used that is listed on Amazon says it is a no fit to the Fiero. Am I seeing that right?
Most of those part numbers fit Fords.
Nice job on the window and mirror switch panel. Could you tell us where those parts came from?
Nice work, BTW. Real nice.

Thanks for the compliment, the striker is actually for a Ford, but it does fit the Fiero. The mirror switch is from an 07 H3 Hummer, and the window switch kit can be found here https://www.a1electric.com/...uct_Code=4980-21-007
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree, I am going with the LS4/F40.

I have an F40 for my LS4, but never put any work into it. My plan is to some day get the clutch, axles and shifter components for the conversion. But before that happens I want to open it up and change the gear ratios and possibly a limited slip diff of some type.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have an F40 for my LS4, but never put any work into it. My plan is to some day get the clutch, axles and shifter components for the conversion. But before that happens I want to open it up and change the gear ratios and possibly a limited slip diff of some type.

I have thought of doing that also, but I hear it's very expensive.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have thought of doing that also, but I hear it's very expensive.

I don't doubt it, I would have to buy at least one more transmission and that alone doubles the cost. But I am not even sure yet what transmission to buy? What differential is available for the F40? I need to are a list of parts.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't doubt it, I would have to buy at least one more transmission and that alone doubles the cost. But I am not even sure yet what transmission to buy? What differential is available for the F40? I need to are a list of parts.

The only LSD I have seen is this one, but it's from the U.K. it's expensive, and I'm sure the shipping cost would be outrageous.

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/o...cal-lsd-differential
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What differential is available for the F40? I need to are a list of parts.

The two best ones for the LS4 are not available in the states. You have to import a transmission from the UK.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

The two best ones for the LS4 are not available in the states. You have to import a transmission from the UK.

Ok, the next question is how?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Is this the entire transmission or parts?
What would it cost for importing this stuff and how do I get in contact with the right people?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock