Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. by Chief08
Started on: 02-05-2020 10:16 PM
Replies: 50 (1001 views)
Last post by: Chief08 on 03-28-2020 01:16 PM
Chief08

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Not for their OEM application,
Yes, when purchased as part of my brake kit.
I have also posted a DIY thread on how you can drill them yourself as well.
http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...0346&style=printable

Ok, thanks.
IP: Logged
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

158 posts
Member since Feb 2017
I got my homelink mirror wired up and working.

Fiero Vice

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something like this 13" brake rotor kit?

13" rotor upgrade that allows you to retain the stock calipers, parking brake and parking brake cables. It is a bolt on installation w/o any other modifications to the upright or a-arms for proper clearance. It does require 17" wheels, use with lowering ball joints is not recommended due to interference issues, and longer braided stainless steel brake hoses are typically used as well.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060122.html
http://fieroguruperformance.com/

I would definitely recommend FieroGuru's 13 brake rotor kit. I bought myself a set & it's top notch. Guru stands behind his work and he has taken all the guesswork out so it would be easy for us to install without any struggles.

And you get to keep your stock calipers & emergency parking brake.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what this part of the seat belt mechanism is for? Is it essential to the function of the seat belt mechanism? I sent my seat belts in to be re-webbed and when I got them back, this piece was rattling around inside, it had broken off. The other seat belt is just fine.

The good one

The broken one
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect that is the pendulum lock for the seat belts.
Under rapid deceleration or impact, the weight swings forward, locking the seat belt. If it is broke, I doubt the seat belt will work in an accident.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suspect that is the pendulum lock for the seat belts.
Under rapid deceleration or impact, the weight swings forward, locking the seat belt. If it is broke, I doubt the seat belt will work in an accident.

That makes sense, when I told them about it and sent a picture, they said that it wasn't part of the seat belt and I could just toss it. I knew that wasn't right, but I didn't know what purpose it served, so thank you.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalClick Here to Email Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chief08:

I got my homelink mirror wired up and working.

Can you tell me how you connected the temp side? where did you put the sensor? I put one of these in but can only get the compass to work. Thanks.

And BTW, I've been to Yuma. It's NEVER been as cold as 73 degrees!

[This message has been edited by Habanera Hal (edited 03-15-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put the temp sensor right behind the center of the the front bumper do it would be in front of the radiator and protected from direct air flow. As for being 73 degrees, it was cooler because it was a rainy day, yes it actually rained for three days.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I ran into an issue when I tried connecting my new power window switches. All of this was done on the passenger side mirror, I didn't want to cut into the driver's side until I got the passenger side sorted out. Using the up button. I can get the window to go up, but the down button does nothing. When I switch the up and down wires the up button will lower the window. The down button does nothing for some reason, I tried this with both switches and got the same result. The wires are connected correctly. I called the company that I bought them from, but they couldn't really help me, except to say the switches are reverse polarity and something about the window motor needing to be 2 wire. I know people have done this before so, any advice how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dyed my carpets black, they came out really well, although it doesn't look like it in the pictures.

Before

After
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Click Here to Email Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there supposed to be a under hood light in the front?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay