Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Say hello to project Wallet Drainer. by Chief08
Started on: 02-05-2020 10:16 PM
Replies: 131 (3334 views)
Last post by: Chief08 on 11-12-2020 06:18 PM
Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Not for their OEM application,
Yes, when purchased as part of my brake kit.
I have also posted a DIY thread on how you can drill them yourself as well.
https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...0346&style=printable

Ok, thanks.
IP: Logged
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017
I got my homelink mirror wired up and working.

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2020 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something like this 13" brake rotor kit?

13" rotor upgrade that allows you to retain the stock calipers, parking brake and parking brake cables. It is a bolt on installation w/o any other modifications to the upright or a-arms for proper clearance. It does require 17" wheels, use with lowering ball joints is not recommended due to interference issues, and longer braided stainless steel brake hoses are typically used as well.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060122.html
http://fieroguruperformance.com/

I would definitely recommend FieroGuru's 13 brake rotor kit. I bought myself a set & it's top notch. Guru stands behind his work and he has taken all the guesswork out so it would be easy for us to install without any struggles.

And you get to keep your stock calipers & emergency parking brake.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what this part of the seat belt mechanism is for? Is it essential to the function of the seat belt mechanism? I sent my seat belts in to be re-webbed and when I got them back, this piece was rattling around inside, it had broken off. The other seat belt is just fine.

The good one

The broken one
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect that is the pendulum lock for the seat belts.
Under rapid deceleration or impact, the weight swings forward, locking the seat belt. If it is broke, I doubt the seat belt will work in an accident.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suspect that is the pendulum lock for the seat belts.
Under rapid deceleration or impact, the weight swings forward, locking the seat belt. If it is broke, I doubt the seat belt will work in an accident.

That makes sense, when I told them about it and sent a picture, they said that it wasn't part of the seat belt and I could just toss it. I knew that wasn't right, but I didn't know what purpose it served, so thank you.
Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chief08:

I got my homelink mirror wired up and working.

Can you tell me how you connected the temp side? where did you put the sensor? I put one of these in but can only get the compass to work. Thanks.

And BTW, I've been to Yuma. It's NEVER been as cold as 73 degrees!

[This message has been edited by Habanera Hal (edited 03-15-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put the temp sensor right behind the center of the the front bumper do it would be in front of the radiator and protected from direct air flow. As for being 73 degrees, it was cooler because it was a rainy day, yes it actually rained for three days.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I ran into an issue when I tried connecting my new power window switches. All of this was done on the passenger side mirror, I didn't want to cut into the driver's side until I got the passenger side sorted out. Using the up button. I can get the window to go up, but the down button does nothing. When I switch the up and down wires the up button will lower the window. The down button does nothing for some reason, I tried this with both switches and got the same result. The wires are connected correctly. I called the company that I bought them from, but they couldn't really help me, except to say the switches are reverse polarity and something about the window motor needing to be 2 wire. I know people have done this before so, any advice how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dyed my carpets black, they came out really well, although it doesn't look like it in the pictures.

Before

After
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there supposed to be a under hood light in the front?
PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2020 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since t top door seals are not easy to come by, does anyone have any suggestions to repair this?

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got most of the interior put back in, I'm just waiting to get my seat belt back from service to finish up the diver's side.

I also worked on the dull hazy paint with some compound and polish and now it has a mirror finish.
Before

After

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 04-14-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2020 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to use the stock steering wheel hub on my Momo steering wheel, and I got the horn wired up. However, now when I get the wheel mounted and tightened down, I can't snap the horn button into place because the shaft sticks out a little bit too far. I'm kind of scared to mess with the shaft, grinding, or cutting because I may not be able to get the wheel on/off if the end gets deformed. Any thoughts?
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2020 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally got most of the interior put back in, I'm just waiting to get my seat belt back from service to finish up the diver's side.

I like the switch set up for the mirrors and windows. Is that from the PO or something you did? And more importantly do you have any info on where the switches came from and what is needed to install them.

Car is looking good, keep it up.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2020 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the switches here https://www.a1electric.com/...uct_Code=4980-21-007
You will have to make the holes for the power window switches bigger for the new ones to fit with a dremel. Wiring is easy enough, connect up wire to up wire, down to down etc. You will need two grounds, one is already present in the car, the second one included in the kit, I ran to the rear of the console skeleton where there is a ground wire and bolt for something else. For the illumination wire, I tapped into the ash tray lights on either side. They work great, but I made my wires a bit too long, so they bunch up under the switches trying to push them up. I will address that when I get my new dash. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Dave

Originally posted by Easy8:

I like the switch set up for the mirrors and windows. Is that from the PO or something you did? And more importantly do you have any info on where the switches came from and what is needed to install them.

Car is looking good, keep it up.

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 04-18-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2020 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

you get that car near sacramento ca

It's a beautiful car, seems like I may have seen it on the California Coast Run before?
Great project.
I like the LS4, great little engine. There are so many ways to do a swap like this.
I have an F40 6 speed for my LS4 Fiero but never got around to swapping it in. So far the 4 speed auto works for me.
My plan was to open up the F40 case and do a gear and diff swap to better match the LS4 powerband. That never happen either LOL. BUT the car is great fun to drive as is.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2020 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

It's a beautiful car, seems like I may have seen it on the California Coast Run before?
Great project.
I like the LS4, great little engine. There are so many ways to do a swap like this.
I have an F40 6 speed for my LS4 Fiero but never got around to swapping it in. So far the 4 speed auto works for me.
My plan was to open up the F40 case and do a gear and diff swap to better match the LS4 powerband. That never happen either LOL. BUT the car is great fun to drive as is.

The LS4/F40 swap is in the works for this summer. In the meanwhile, I'm doing the G1 dash with custom dakota digital gauges. I'll also be trying to find a good paint shop to paint it. I have seen your car and I was quite impressed, I'll be happy if mine comes out half as good as yours did.

Dave
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.
I LOVE THIS DASH

I would ditch my Malibu dash in a heartbeat for this dash.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks.
I LOVE THIS DASH

Yeah, I can't wait for Rob to finish it. Your Malibu dash looks great, and the fact that you got the gauges and climate control to work is just awesome.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What power mirror switch is that from?
PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

What power mirror switch is that from?

It's from an H3 Hummer.

Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks.
I LOVE THIS DASH

Add my name to that list for this dash.. I drool over it at least once a month.. trouble is the money is just not there for it. Well at the moment I am half a world away from the car to boot... One day.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got an estimate for a paint job yesterday, they wanted $5,900. I want some of what they're smoking. Anyway, I think I'm going to do it myself in my garage, so and tips and advice would be appreciated.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2020 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The prep work has begun.

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 05-06-2020).]

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2020 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I LOVE THIS DASH

Hey, that's my dashboard.

Glad you guys like it.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2020 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know where to get the metal mesh grill inserts for the aftermarket side scoops?
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone know where to get the metal mesh grill inserts for the aftermarket side scoops?

McMaster Carr use to. 1/4" Hexigon, honeycomb pattern.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

McMaster Carr use to. 1/4" Hexigon, honeycomb pattern.

Ok, thank you. Is he a member here?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.mcmaster.com/92725t5

Awesome, thanks. How are they bonded to the fiberglass?
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome, thanks. How are they bonded to the fiberglass?

Most people embed some flexible wires into the layers of the fiberglass (like at the 4 corners where the mesh will be. Then they install the mesh panels and use the wires to hold them in place. This allows the mesh panels to be removed for painting.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most people embed some flexible wires into the layers of the fiberglass (like at the 4 corners where the mesh will be. Then they install the mesh panels and use the wires to hold them in place. This allows the mesh panels to be removed for painting.

Ok, so are the wires glassed in?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2020 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, as you know I'm prepping the car for paint and I'm almost done. I'm looking for opinions about the molding trim. Should I paint it black, or body color?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I see a fiero with body trim that matches the panel color and sheen, I immediately think of a poor quality repaint at Maaco... cover the glass and let the paint fly!

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slowly getting there. There sure are a lot of rivets holding this stuff on. I was able to find the replacement rivets for the rocker panels, but I'm not sure where to find the other rivets that had to come out.

[This message has been edited by Chief08 (edited 05-23-2020).]

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chief08

323 posts
Member since Feb 2017

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

Hey, that's my dashboard.

Glad you guys like it.

You have good taste. How long did you have to wait for it?

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, as you know I'm prepping the car for paint and I'm almost done. I'm looking for opinions about the molding trim. Should I paint it black, or body color?

It's a matter of opinion. I know fieroguru doesn't like body color trim, but I think it updates the car's look.

Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:
It's a matter of opinion. I know fieroguru doesn't like body color trim, but I think it updates the car's look.

I agree, to me they both look good. I think it would look even better without the molding at all.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock