Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is Rodney Dickmans Business up for Sale?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is Rodney Dickmans Business up for Sale? by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 02-05-2020 05:45 PM
Replies: 24 (1590 views)
Last post by: FieroStore on 02-20-2020 11:46 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard a rumor today that Rodney Dickman is selling his Fiero parts business.Does anyone know if this is fact?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He posted it on Facebook himself. He is looking at retiring and moving to Colorado in the next year or so.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a shame. Hopefully someone buys his business and continues. He's the only vendor with quality parts that actually fit the car and work.
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is he going to sell his MERA?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I heard a rumor today that Rodney Dickman is selling his Fiero parts business.Does anyone know if this is fact?

Originally posted by RossT:

Is he going to sell his MERA?

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. Thank you for all of the greatness.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is great about Rodney's business is that he never tried to compete with the Fiero Store but developed unique problem solving parts for different applications. The logical buyer would be the Fiero Store and it would help them greatly expand their offering. I've dealt with Rodney over the years and always enjoyed a good experience. If anyone needs any of his products, the time to buy may be now.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been doing business with Rodney since the 1990s, never had a bad experience. My Fiero would have gone to the scrap heap many years ago, if it weren't for Rodney. I sincerely wish him the best.

I just hope his business is bought by a reputable vendor. One of my biggest gripes about Fiero ownership is the sketchy aftermarket support. Having to rely on cottage industry people who come and go like fads, and vendors with questionable reputations, is not fun.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The logical buyer would be the Fiero Store and it would help them greatly expand their offering.

Hence my statement of "parts that actually fit the car and work". That's the LAST company I'm hoping would make an offer. Hopefully it sells to someone who actually cares about the quality and fitment of the products.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-06-2020).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The logical buyer would be the Fiero Store and it would help them greatly expand their offering.

Based upon past history, if they buy anything from him, I hope he makes them pay through the nose...
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Based upon past history, if they buy anything from him, I hope he makes them pay through the nose...

$20,000 for shipping

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-06-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Barf 🤢 Are you Nuts?

I have a couple things RD is wrong like Derlin pins but most others are unique and very good and don't want TFS to buy him.
TFS would buy then immediate or very soon close maybe saving only a few things they want then pass the cost to you and big tax write off for IRS and State for next few years minimum.

Most people been here for entire time have forgotten about TFS buying 1 each of coolant pipes RD made to make cheap copies (Cheap for them not you.) to sell.
Got caught then gave RD everything hoping "PFF Fools" would forget and how right they were...
Still selling fake brake "upgrades" just ripped part of crap GA "upgrade" pages and illegal lights hidden behind "Check your local ordinances for legality." and other crap items most can't detect like exterior lenses won't meet US and other laws/rules. Many lenses are crappy copies of GM lenses that have problems besides missing DOT label codes on them.

TFS and Friends/Family at GM Dealer near them is why many GM parts only available thru them w/ very high makeup. A Current one is 87-88 Headlamp Module for $674.95. 87-88 belt tensioner pushed over $300-400 too a few years ago w/ most sold w/o gasket stuck in the back. Is part of why RD made a part so other tensioners for VIN R FWD cars work in Fiero.

Leader Industries Owns TFS owns others and are Not a Friend to the "Fiero Community" but a Captive Market to rank over as many people as possible before finally close shop likely w/ little or no notice like TLA/BTR did twice to the Fiero market. Plus You are paying their License Fee to GM for them to sell many things on the site. Logo items and others are License by GM taking a huge fee for this.
Other tried that w/o GM license and ordered closed or get sued by GM Legal. A few cases here people trying to sell stuff like that or have shirts etc made X printing co w/o proof of GM licensing won't do the job. Should find some of these pages digging thru archives if not deleted by CP for whatever reasons...
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did this thread become about us? Sure, we’ve had some run-ins with Rodney over the years, but despite it all, we wish him well. His contributions to the Fiero community cannot be overestimated. If Ogre and IMSA want to beat us up, start a new thread and we'll be happy to defend ourselves there.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not experienced any problems with the Fiero Store or Rodney Dickman. Both of them have solved quite a few parts problems for me over the years. The parts they sell and produce work. You would not be able to get your Fiero back on the road or looking good without them!! The prices of their stuff range from low to high but again some of the parts that they offer and not available elsewhere. Where can you buy a new trunk light or repair a steering rack that is no longer available anywhere?
OK enough with the politics and let me join many of you on my only complaint. The Fiero Store charges more than actual shipping cost (fact) and both of these places especially Rodney refuse to ship first class or USPS ground so you can save money. They force you into paying high priority mail prices. I just figure it in my purchase and if the shipping is too significant I just pass and move on. I just received a small light mail envelope with some small parts first class and the postage was only 95 cents. Try that guys.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fiero Store charges more than actual shipping cost (fact) and both of these places especially Rodney refuse to ship first class or USPS ground so you can save money. They force you into paying high priority mail prices. Try that guys.

We ship 1st Class every day. Unfortunately, shipping is highly situational and therefore complicated. If you would like to start a new thread, we will be happy to explain in greater detail. We don't want to hijack this thread.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’d love to see FieroGuru take it on if he has the bandwidth.
I think he, like RD, put a priority on quality and customer service.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 02-07-2020).]

PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's only one Rodney Dickman!

This really is a concern to me as a "foreigner". My only source of decent parts without ridiculous postage costs.....gulp.

Time to make a very long term parts list and squirrel!

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK

1249 posts
Member since Sep 2001
He is such a superstar that all with similar (and not so similar) names around here have their names changed in honour....such as my neighbour Charles Hickman ....who I have been calling Rodney Dickman for so long he now's responds to just "oi Rodney"

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 02-08-2020).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2020 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully someone with deep pockets will buy the business and keep it going. Kind of like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and keep the name going.
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2020 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would hope that people realize the importance of ANY supplier that provides parts for the Fiero community. Fiero's are a tiny niche is the vast world of auto parts. Without both TFS and RD, our cars would be lacking, to say the least. I was disappointed when Blacktop Racing withdrew from supplying Fiero parts. I'm sure both TFS & RD have had customer issues over the years, but, for the most part, they have provided the best products available. If parts have been discontinued, both have made efforts to provide us with replacements, when the big Auto parts retailers gave us nothing. I have utilized both TFS and RD over the 35 years I have owned our Fiero. I went through all the receipts recently, and created a spread sheet showing all parts & services, and their costs. I could have bought another whole car for what I've spent on the Fiero! But all those parts kept my Fiero running and looking good all these years. If you are concerned about the costs of upkeep to a "classic" car, you need a different hobby. Most people will never get an equal return on their cars from the time and money that is invested in them. I tip my hat to TFS and RD for supporting the Fiero community all these years. For the benefit of all of us, I hope they continue.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sledcaddie:

... I tip my hat to TFS and RD for supporting the Fiero community all these years. For the benefit of all of us, I hope they continue.

Let me second that. With the community shrinking every day (I haven't seen a Fiero on the road for Years), I am grateful TFS and RD have kept their doors open and the parts flowing.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang! I need to hurry and order a few things before it gets shut down.

sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Notorio:

" (I haven't seen a Fiero on the road for Years)"

Yes, Fiero sightings are getting rarer all the time. If I see one, I almost swerve off the road! Saw a couple at a car show last summer.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Let me second that. With the community shrinking every day (I haven't seen a Fiero on the road for Years), I am grateful TFS and RD have kept their doors open and the parts flowing.

Another good word here for both TFS and RD. They both have my thanks.
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by FieroStore (edited 02-20-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock