Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Whoever updated the history of Fiero on Wikipedia sounds like a pissed corvette fan. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whoever updated the history of Fiero on Wikipedia sounds like a pissed corvette fan. by Fiero Vice
Started on: 02-02-2020 09:01 AM
Replies: 45 (1493 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 11-07-2020 10:31 PM
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2020 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2020 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette fans will buy anything Corvette, like red satin jackets with CORVETTE bedazzled on the back. Because the legacy is that in the mid-70s it became tapered on both ends very much like a turd. In the 1980s it became a vagina-mobile (& drag queen-mobile?), being only a woman's commuter car. The only performance item was the speed of the power windows. 1984 was it's rebirth--and has almost no value.

I like Corvettes, but not all of them.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2020 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why we cannot have nice things. I get it. It is funny.

History is not fluid.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"History is written by the Weaners"

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lmfao
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I've said, Corvettes are nothing more than typical, cookie cutter, plastic GM garbage. GM takes the same shitty car, adds more plastic or carbon fiber, modifies the motor, then calls it their next generation and marks it up another 40k. People who own a new mid engine Corvette SHOULD be told that their car is nothing special just because it's mid engine. GM has been there and done that with the Corvette killer of the 80's. Here's the pathetic part.....this is from Keith when he met with GM to have his taillights approved and licensed as a reproduction part:

This shows the ignorance and plain stupidity of today's GM personnel. They don't even know what car's they've produced.....including the Fiero otherwise, who knows what would have happened with a future Fiero rather than the Corvette mid engine.

The article shoes the mentality of Corvette owners across the globe. They think that the Corvette is some piece of gold when in reality, when the chrome bumpers went away, it became nothing more than plastic garbage like the rest of the GM product line.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-02-2020).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That’s pretty funny honestly.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Swap in progress

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No-one should trust Wiki.
Many reason why then about above "update" I don't have time to post.
Far worse then other traditional encyclopedias that's has a long history of Bias on many things.

I only use them as starting point to find data for most things or for a quick post to others that give a bare overview of a given topic.

Even ignore the "update" that seems gone now the page has many problems including recall info that whoever wrote it never read TSB for the fire and other recalls send to GM dealer network. All are on Alldata and Alldatadiy to read them for Decades. Most are publish by other sites too and link in my cave too.
Big Example: Only 84 required PH51 then later PH52 because 51 was discontinue/changed by GM w/ calibrated dip stick to minorly increase oil cap. Rest l4 just longer stick to move handle away from exhaust and keep PF47 short filter. Rest can use long filter to make easier to change and some brands only have the long filter.
Using long filter only adds maybe ~ Cup of oil to the system.

Plus Recall Requirement of PH51 is wrong filter for side and top down mounting because doesn't have anti-drainback to keep filter full after shutdown.
Likely was a typo that TSB pushed never fix but most Parts books had 84 needs PH52 soon after.
GM likely discontinued 51 because same as 52 w/ anti-drain just to drop inventory numbers. GM and Contract Manufacturing likely saves 100's of Thousands of $ minimum to drop a number when other number is same plus anti-drain. Likely dropped others too.

A lot of the rest of fire recall are guesses by fool(s) that should not be allowed.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 02-02-2020).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off stop trashing Corvette owners. Most are very good people and many are also Fiero owners.

Second this post reads more like just a troll with a Camry that is jealous he has nothing better. He is just someone in moms basement and just needs to be deleted.

I have had very positive experiences with Corvette people with my Fiero. The Cleveland Corvette club even invited us in one years as the featured car at their big show.

So don’t be that over protective snide Fiero owner that misrepresents the majority of us.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's pretty funny
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2020 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing wrong with a Camry or a basement. Some of the best people I've known have lived in a basement for a time. One even owned an M1 Carbine. One of my relatives owned a Camry and cooked a lot of meals for me over the years.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 02-05-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Folks had a vette I have a fiero. I am aware of many issues and improvements with all years all makes best just settle for best bang for buck.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my Corvette. The body shape is called a Corvette by this brand.

And here's a local Corvette for sale. It needs about everything.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette still like using the word "first". It could just as easily have said:

"It is also GM's SECOND mid-engine production car since the 1984 Pontiac Fiero."

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Corvette still like using the word "first". It could just as easily have said:

"It is also GM's SECOND mid-engine production car since the 1984 Pontiac Fiero."

The website is correct; the new Corvette is the first since the Fiero.

DrXtreme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrXtremeSend a Private Message to DrXtremeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The irony is the fact the new rear engine Corvette is oversold! Recent article came out that dealers have more orders than inventory. I'm proud to own a Fiero that told Corvette what they needed to so!

Dr Xtreme
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, my brother ordered one in December and was supposed to get it in June but now maybe not until closer to 2021...
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2020 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That article written by a Wikipedia contributor is undoubtedly an imbecile. A Corvette is a very nice car but IMO, not worth $80K . They also lose their value. If you look at used 80's Corvettes with their 170 HP V8's, many of them now sell for less than the price of a Fiero. My Fieros make me happy.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 02-26-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2020 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You coulda got the base model at 60k. It's worth that at a bargain. Local dealerships got allocated 15 each for the first year. The dealer I checked said the strike pushed the first arrivals to Feb or March and was readying to take orders on the next model year or allotment for March ordering. It was in Nov that I talked to them so it's fuzzy now. You put $2500 down to order is all I remember. I'm not in a position to order or I would.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new C8 is now in production. The strike delayed things but they will try to get as many built as they can, Those not filled will go to next year. But that only means a slight delay.

I have been in the new car and it is spectacular. It is well built and very comfortable. The onboard electronics do all sorts of crazy things.

The drivers seat is well laid out. The passenger side feels like you are sitting in an Indy car tub or side car. It is a bit enclosed feeling.

GM hit a home run with this one as it offers performance levels that only can be found in much higher priced cars.

The C5-7 models will be down on price now for a while as supplies are higher than demand. They are killer bargains. Many low mile models out there to be had cheap.

The C8 will be in high demand for a while,

I love my Fiero and will keep it but I was looking to add a C1 to my garage but now I am tempted to look to a C8 at some point.

It is time to stop the them and us BS. Most Corvette owners I meet all have been very respectful of my car and many also own a Fiero too. Now they have a Mid Engine car it will put more focus on the Fiero as the little brother. The relationship with a current model and a very good model could really put the Fiero in a good light with the general public.

This is really a good thing for the Fiero. If we get put more popular values can go up and it may help more repo parts being made if there is demand. There are only positives here.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good video with Jay Leno & Tadge Juechter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvTzcNtaSLU
PFF
System Bot
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROTFL oh my god this is hilarious
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

The website is correct; the new Corvette is the first since the Fiero.

Yeah. Because they wanted to use the word 'first' in their announcement.
They didn't want to say "the C8 Corvette is the SECOND mid-engine production car GM has built." Equally correct.

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Yeah. Because they wanted to use the word 'first' in their announcement.
They didn't want to say "the C8 Corvette is the SECOND mid-engine production car GM has built." Equally correct.

I think most people are fine with they way they worded the statement.

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The article shoes the mentality of Corvette owners across the globe. They think that the Corvette is some piece of gold when in reality, when the chrome bumpers went away, it became nothing more than plastic garbage like the rest of the GM product line.

And if you are showing the mentality of Fiero owners, then I'm glad I sold mine and aren't one!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by couldahadaV8:

And if you are showing the mentality of Fiero owners, then I'm glad I sold mine and aren't one!

No just speaking the truth. I've already heard about the check engine light coming on a few hundred miles into the break-in. Typical GM, plastic, electrical nightmare garbage car.

The resale value should be about 20k in a few years so that would be the time to buy one, tear out the drivetrain for a Fiero transplant, and then shitcan the rest of the car.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-17-2020).]

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definition of irony....talking about a GM product being plastic and full of issues.....on a Fiero forum!

Go and drive a C7 Vette with the 3LT interior and tell me what you don't like about it.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it only takes one vocal delusional owner to tarnish the rep of an entire group of owners.

The new C8 could be one of the best things for the Fiero. Much like the Dino used to be the red headed step child for Ferrari they are now in high demand for many Ferrari collectors.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if it makes any of you feel better, one of these drove past me on my way back from Arizona this morning. I looked in the rearview and saw a front end of either a Ferrari, NSX, Jaguar, McClaren.....etc. The only way I could tell was when it drove past me and I saw the hatch. There was no real "oh **** " value of the sighting since these have been hyped up for so long in the media and there have been so many photos of the car that once you see it in person, it's like seeing any other Corvette. I was already bored with the car and this was the first time I've seen one in person. Anyway, here's the valued photo for those who care:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-26-2020).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw and sat in one months ago. It was an Oh $hit moment as it really was a nice car.

The drivers side is well laid out.

The passenger side feels like a side car on a motorcycle. It is a bit enclosed feeling.

These will draw a lot of attention once people get out again.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I saw and sat in one months ago. It was an Oh $hit moment as it really was a nice car.

The drivers side is well laid out.

The passenger side feels like a side car on a motorcycle. It is a bit enclosed feeling.

These will draw a lot of attention once people get out again.

I will say that the interior design is amazing. Even the steering wheel has a nice look.
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am old- Born in 1960...got interested in cars when my dentist bought a Pantera.....Bought a Fiero SE V6 in 1985- and love it; Never had many problems with it (Not like my Step-bro who's (New) HONDA cost him $2500 in repairs over 4 years!)

I remember being all excited over the possibilty of a mid-engined Vette back in the early 70s....But now I like that the FRONT-engined Vette beats the crap out of the $$$$$$$$$$$ "Supercars" that have the benefit of mid-engine setup. I really think they have not been doing right on the Vette since they switched to the C7- Heavier and ugly as sin- looks like a japanese car (Puts me in mind of the GT-R...Clumsy stylists who have little talent)

My favorite Vette and fav' concept/show car was the Aerovette.......That was some amazing styling!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 03-29-2020).]

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they should have done a model more like the original vette. To me the newest version doesn't resemble the original in any way, except for the fact that it has four wheels and two doors. All the styling features are completely unrelated. (Let the flame begin ... )

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When it came out in 2014 I did not like the C7 at all- You are completely right; No relation to Vette styling. SO I modified one, lowering the rear fenders to eliminate the big-box-butt look, blending in a spoiler ($60-90,000 car with a glue-on spoiler?!), and giving it the bubble rear hatch like earlier Vettes- I have shown this to maybe 20-30 people and they always say "That definitely looks better!"....(Stock C7 on top, my improved version below)

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 03-30-2020).]

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, definitely much better. I particularly like how you've lowered the point where the fender vent turns back so it aligns with the fender contour.

For the artistically inclined, I would LOVE to see a rendering of a retro-1953 version that retained and updated the distinctive design features, like the retro Thunderbird. (I say 'like' because the 2002 T-bird still seems 'too different' to me, not to mention Ford's horrible execution.)

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

I think they should have done a model more like the original vette. To me the newest version doesn't resemble the original in any way, except for the fact that it has four wheels and two doors. All the styling features are completely unrelated. (Let the flame begin ... )

Hence why I always take flak for my opinion. The Corvette stopped being a real Corvette when the chrome bumpers went away. Then it became typical GM plastic crap.
arbakken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2020 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arbakkenSend a Private Message to arbakkenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be fair, they ruined the legacy of the corvette after it's second year. Corvettes have an inline 6 and a 2 speed auto dammit!

Although in all honesty, I would really like to see a stick in the c8
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2020 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lately- especially since the covid crisis- I hear idiots drag racing on SL Blvd next to my house all day long....the new cars have the 7-9 speed tranys, and the computer cuts the throttle during up-shifts....so I hear Waaaaa-Thppt!-Waaaaa-Thppt!-Waaaa-Thppt!........It sounds like the car is crapping it's pants on every upshift....

I know that the dual clutch automated trans are much quicker than a straight manual, but if you aren't driving a stick then you are only half a driver...Next step, you sit in your chair at home and "Drive" with a game console........

"I am a great driver- Look at my car! It rolled three times and still goin'!!!"

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 04-28-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2020 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The retro T-bird had zero shelf life and domestic version retro cars have been pretty well exhausted. A Vette one doesn't interest me and seems pretty risky, because if it flopped then the Vette is a goner.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

It’s not 1953 anymore.

Success of a vehicle is often measured by what changes. If you keep it the same it grows stale. The C3 grew stale and the C4-6 got really old after a while.

GM has done something right as no single model sports car has lasted this long. Most die 10 years or less. In fact I believe the Suburban is the only model vehicle to last longer.

When ever a new C model arrived 50% love it and the other half hate it. A year later 95% love it. Just the way it goes.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock