Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Whoever updated the history of Fiero on Wikipedia sounds like a pissed corvette fan. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whoever updated the history of Fiero on Wikipedia sounds like a pissed corvette fan. by Fiero Vice
Started on: 02-02-2020 09:01 AM
Replies: 45 (1493 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 11-07-2020 10:31 PM
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

The retro T-bird had zero shelf life and domestic version retro cars have been pretty well exhausted. A Vette one doesn't interest me and seems pretty risky, because if it flopped then the Vette is a goner.

The Camaro and Mustang are in that club too..... They're retro now, but what happens if sales drop off to nearly nothing? Abandon retro and go back to "modern"? Its a quandary.
IP: Logged
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually gave the Retro vs Modern styling thing some thought; The Mustangs from 1979 to 2004 were "Modern styling" (Basic-ally) and then they went retro with the 2005 Mustang....I imagine that they had wore out the Modern-look and the retro-look would really pump up their sales (It did- and yes it was a much more advanced and better car, also)

Once they have sold a bunch of retro-Stangs, then go modern again.....

I did not like the C6 Vette when it came out- but now I think it is the best looking Vette (At least modern era (1997-now) but the C7 spit on so much of the Corvette styling and looks like a Japanese car, truthfully; The front I can handle, but the back with the fastback + side windows, the "C" pillars curving up in body color and then just stopping, the vent taking over the whole front fender....Blech! (And as time goes on, I dislike it even more (Plus it is HEAVIER!)
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2020 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mustang is far from stale. They changed the hips and it's still fresh. The hips and to the rear look Porsche. It's gorgeous. Love to have one.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree that the new Mustang is really good looking...when this gen came out it was almost perfect- But I thought, maybe if they had added a bit of angle to the headlights (Vee down towards the middle) and then they actually did that (Now I'm afraid they are listening to me with a hidden mike)

Still, I hate that all of the new performance cars are getting heavier and heavier (Can you believe that they used to complain the Fiero was "over weight" at 26-2700 lbs?!)

I have a Brookland books Mustang test portfolio and there are a couple of tests of the (Gigantic) 1971 Mustang with a 429 ; They complain it is "Too heavy" at 3700 lbs....the 351 would be around 3500....Compare that to the new "small (Aluminum) engined" Mustang at 3800 lbs!
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2020 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't seen the C8 in person when it was at the dealerships, but saw one in motion in the opposing direction of travel to me last week. It was red and the impression it gave was that there is probably a better color for the body shape. Before I recognized it the first thing I noticed was an unfamiliar face, then the large air inlet on the rear quarter panel. In the fleeting time allowed to observe it there seemed to be a disconnect in the middle of the car from the side view. It probably looks different when sitting still.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-07-2020 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's another I've seen rolling around town, a White one. I don't like the car as much now as before seeing one in person. I see a McLaren occasionally and a very clean Ferrari was seen last week that looked better.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock