Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The local paper did an article on my Fiero!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The local paper did an article on my Fiero! by cvxjet
Started on: 01-27-2020 04:55 PM
Replies: 17 (694 views)
Last post by: creaky78 on 03-06-2020 05:25 AM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Sunday Paper (East Bay Times) does articles on people and their cars "Me and my Car"......I sent him a pic and info on my Fiero and a few weeks later David Krumboltz came by and interviewed me and took pics of my car. Gave me a call yesterday and told me it was in the paper. So I opened my paper and sure enough.....Sadly, he somehow wrote down that I "didn't like sticks" and also that I wanted to get power steering......I understand where he got the "Don't like sticks" thing but really misinterpreted; I told him I "ordered the car with a manual even tho I had never driven a stick" "A sports car should have a manual transmission".......Anyway, here is the pic in the paper.......

I am all covered up because I have Lupus which makes me extremely sun-sensitive (Actually burned the back of my neck in 15 minutes with a fluorescent light) It also causes extreme Arthritis......Supposedly I should recover 6 months after stopping the drug (Dr. prescribed Omeprazole) that caused it.....(I am at 8 months and no improvement)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Johns 4.9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johns 4.9Click Here to visit Johns 4.9's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johns 4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is so cool. Sweet ride!
Congrats, sir!
Cheers

[This message has been edited by Johns 4.9 (edited 01-27-2020).]

Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rexgirl!
DangerDook

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DangerDookSend a Private Message to DangerDookEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! I like the wheels too, do you have any details on em?
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very very cool sir
kendell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's totally cool! Congrats
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels are Voxx Monzas and look really good now that I painted the centers Duplicolor Graphite which is the same color I painted my custom made "B" pillars (They were black originally with polished alum' in the very center High-lighting the OTHER lug holes) They are light also- approx' 14 lbs.

Sadly, they are not made anymore- You may be able to find some on EBAY or such...The wheels are 16 x 7 (38 mm) and the tires are 205/55-16 and 225/55-16...which were common on a lot of expensive cars back when so a lot of options for good performing tires- I am using General G-Max AS-05s, which are very good A/S tires (And lighter than most at a reasonable price.

Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That’s a beautiful car and your wheel/tire combo looks perfect. The proportions are just right.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still say you should call your car “FrankenFiero”. Kit
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they offering bounty? Catch this car.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool
flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations!!!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, I love the fastback swap. Is that rear a bumper-pad?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car and congrats on making the local paper with it.
One of the 'whitest' whites I have seen and I mean that in a good way. I've seen some that are more of an off white, almost ivory color and to me, they don't look as good as yours.
I do hope your health improves soon.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Nice, I love the fastback swap. Is that rear a bumper-pad?

Yes, it is a bumper-pad rear....I actually like that rear the most....

As far as white; The Fiero white is an off white. Funny story; When I was 5 my Father bought a 1964 T-Bird in "Polar Blue" which actually looked like the whitest white you could imagine. The car NEVER looked dirty, ever. Our neighbor cross the street liked the 'Bird so he bought one also- but in the regular white color.
We came back from our trip to WA for Christmas and the only way the car could have been dirtier is if it was BURIED under a ton of dirt....Our friend across the street had just finished washing and waxing his 'Bird...yet my Father's STILL looked cleaner!

That Polar Blue was a cool color; You could tell up close that there was a blue ting....from a distance though it just looked ultra-white.

Note; This is a pic off the web- but the same color w/blue interior. (And the Color comes up as "Diamond Blue")

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 03-05-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

When I was 5 my Father bought a 1964 T-Bird...

Ah yes, back when cars had some style... even Fords!
creaky78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2020 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for creaky78Send a Private Message to creaky78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely beautiful Fiero! Hang on to it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock