Started on: 01-07-2020 03:13 AM
Replies: 6 (367 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 01-08-2020 08:42 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2020 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, never expected to have to move a thread from TO/T to a Fiero related section (instead of the other way around). 😁
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it would have been cool to see that wrap around glass on the notchback iteration.
But the fastback is very sleek!
Saw it at the Fiero 35th Anniversary show!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-07-2020).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I'd drive it!

It does not drive the best, it creaks a little going over bumps. Does not have the best tuning radius . Very strange feeling looking at the rear view mirror. When I had it , it felt down on power like it needed a tune up or something, but it has been sitting. I am sure Fred it will get tuned up and running right once he gets it back from the museum.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 01-07-2020).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a cool "oddity" of a car, but I doubt it would have sold well. Those back seats are pretty much useless in real life, and the addition certainly didn't make the car look "better" than a 2 seat version. Kind of like the 2+2 version of the Nissan 280 and 300 ZX back in the day.... Some Porsche 911 models had back seats, but again, totally useless except to throw a hand bag or a small dog back there.

It is a neat concept, but I think it would have been smarter of GM to experiment with a convertible or a better engine back in the day to keep the Fiero alive...

It is great to see this prototype having survived, and I am glad it is being kept in pristine condition!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

It is a neat concept, but I think it would have been smarter of GM to experiment with a convertible or a better engine back in the day to keep the Fiero alive...

It is great to see this prototype having survived, and I am glad it is being kept in pristine condition!

Considering it seems like GM strangled the Fiero most of its existence, it was a miracle it ever made it into production.
I get the impression Pontiac was doing what it could to keep things going and have options.
The 89/90 prototype did have a different engine. Pontiac did also experiment with convertibles.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock