Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Fiero 2+2 4 seat Concept Prototype at the Pontiac Oakland Automobile Museum

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Fiero 2+2 4 seat Concept Prototype at the Pontiac Oakland Automobile Museum by Midwest Fiero Clubs
Started on: 12-30-2019 11:23 AM
Replies: 21 (985 views)
Last post by: fierobear on 01-08-2020 02:37 PM
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero 2+2 4 seat Concept Prototype is now on display at the Pontiac Oakland Automobile Museum in Illinois.

The Museum online: https://www.pontiacoaklandmuseum.org/

The Museum on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pontiacoaklandmuseum/

------------------
http://midwestfieroclubs.aaca.com/

https://www.facebook.com/midwestfieroclubs

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is so cool. In production, that exact car would sell today.

Thanks.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a picture of FieroChic and another young lady sitting in the back seats. The seats were slid forward and the backrests were tilted forward. There was hardly any leg, knee or foot room. The rear seats could probably only be used to strap a child seat into or to use as extra luggage/grocery space.

On facebook, this video shows the interior space. https://www.facebook.com/mi...os/2051232555145038/

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 12-30-2019).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool A good place for people to see that piece of Pontiac Fiero History.
We saw that Museum during the Fiero 35th Anniversary Celebration.

Cool shot with the silver horse and the silver Fiero.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-31-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
I saw a picture of FieroChic and another young lady sitting in the back seats. The seats were slid forward and the backrests were tilted forward. There was hardly any leg, knee or foot room. The rear seats could probably only be used to strap a child seat into or to use as extra luggage/grocery space.

On facebook, this video shows the interior space. https://www.facebook.com/mi...os/2051232555145038/

Thanks for that. I only saw the seat's backrest tilted forward but FieroChic was not there. Not the picture you saw but I believe you. I wonder how much forward leg room there was.

Originally posted by 2.5:

When will it come south ? GM should have it on a traveling show. They could showcase it in every Pontiac dealership, ... of wait, .
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We saw that Museum during the Fiero 35th Anniversary Celebration.

Cool shot with the silver horse and the silver Fiero.

True but I know way too much about that so called "museum" to donate my money elsewhere and stay far away from it.

The 4 seater is cool, I just hope the owner doesn't sign it over to the person running that "museum" thinking it has a good home.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 12-31-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
GM should have it on a traveling show. They could showcase it in every Pontiac dealership, ... of wait, .

Thankfully GM doesn't own it or few if anyone would ever see it.

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was there for that! It was FieroChic88 and FieroLisa. I could have sworn I had a picture of them sitting in the back seat of it, but couldn't find it... Just one with them and the 90 concept. I did sit in the back seat of it though. Yes, not much legroom... i'm over 6 foot, wouldn't have wanted to ride back there. It was very interesting through how they put a second radio in there. I guess none of the pics show it too clearly, but that hump in the center console by the rear seats was a double din radio just like the one up front.

Also... damn, I feel old, that was the 2003 Fiero show.

[img]https://images.fiero.nl/userimages/pHoO l/P7190046.JPG[/img]

[This message has been edited by pHoOl (edited 12-31-2019).]

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

True but I know way too much about that so called "museum" to donate my money elsewhere and stay far away from it.

The 4 seater is cool, I just hope the owner doesn't sign it over to the person running that "museum" thinking it has a good home.

Could you please explain to me what your knowledge is with this statement? I am not exactly sure what this all about. Words like this make me overly concerned.

My very expensive one of a kind prototype irreplaceable Fiero is on display at the "museum" which has existed for almost a decade and is run by a "person" that I have personally known for close to 30 years. My trust in displaying the car at the museum is not something that was a quick decision, but a culmination of years of positive exchange. Even my insurance company underwriters determined that this is a safe venue to display the car.

Please educate me, I would love to hear if there is a risk present that I need to yank the car out immediately.

Fred
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pHoOl those were some of the pictures I recall, too. I had a number of them on another PC but it wiped out, losing everything. I think they may have been posted in Girls with Fieros when they first appeared on PFF.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Could you please explain to me what your knowledge is with this statement? I am not exactly sure what this all about. Words like this make me overly concerned.

My very expensive one of a kind prototype irreplaceable Fiero is on display at the "museum" which has existed for almost a decade and is run by a "person" that I have personally known for close to 30 years. My trust in displaying the car at the museum is not something that was a quick decision, but a culmination of years of positive exchange. Even my insurance company underwriters determined that this is a safe venue to display the car.

Please educate me, I would love to hear if there is a risk present that I need to yank the car out immediately.

Fred

Do you own the 4 seater?

PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Fred

It's more involved than you obviously know and you sound like you're a friend of Tim Dye so it's going to be more than you'll want to hear.

Those in the inner loop know what is going on and it is not good. Many of those in the inner loop, like myself, have made people aware on other forums only to have those threads mysteriously vanish. The most recent was on PY forum when many people spoke up confirming what is known. Some of those people were, at one time, high up the food chain of POCI. Some believe that what is going on could very well bring down the POCI organization.

Like I said, don't sign over or will a car to that or the other museum Dye owns. As far as I know, putting one on short term display should be okay.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

2664 posts
Member since Oct 2015

Originally posted by fierobear:

Do you own the 4 seater?

Well, his name is Fred, so I believe he does.

I also heard he was interested in my Prototype.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember seeing that car at the 20th show in 2003. Always thought it was cool!

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: 3800 Swap in progress

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2020 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, his name is Fred, so I believe he does.

I also heard he was interested in my Prototype.

I know Fred (by reputation, which seems top notch) and that he has acquired one or more other rare and important Fieros.

Which prototype did you sell him?
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I know Fred (by reputation, which seems top notch) and that he has acquired one or more other rare and important Fieros.

Which prototype did you sell him?

I did not say I sold him mine, I said I "heard" he was interested in mine.

I, as far as I know, personally never met the man but we know some of the same people and I know of his cars. Now it is possible that we have spoken before as I get around to several of the large events and as mentioned, we know some of the same people. But I could not pick him out of a crowd if I did.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 01-07-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did not say I sold him mine, I said I "heard" he was interested in mine.

I, as far as I know, personally never met the man but we know some of the same people and I know of his cars. Now it is possible that we have spoken before as I get around to several of the large events and as mentioned, we know some of the same people. But I could not pick him out of a crowd if I did.

Fred's a cool guy. I've worked with him at some Fiero events. Hung out with him at the Shipmans during the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car show, and at other events. He is quite involved in preserving the Pontiac Fiero and the Fiero community. He gets around to a lot of events in the midwest. From what I know of him he would like to save any rare and important Fiero. Even cares about what many might consider the "common" base coupe.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-07-2020).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, we have a mutual friend, big in the Pontiac world that wants to see him get my car. However, I have another friend, as big or bigger in the Pontiac world that has a massive collection of low mileage, oddities, rarities and muscle cars that I am considering but I don't think his health is too good right now.

None of this really matters at this point though as I am in no rush to move it. But then..... You never know. Collectors have been known to make spur of the moment moves at times.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 01-07-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, we have a mutual friend, big in the Pontiac world that wants to see him get my car. However, I have another friend, as big or bigger in the Pontiac world that has a massive collection of low mileage, oddities, rarities and muscle cars that I am considering but I don't think his health is too good right now.

None of this really matters at this point though as I am in no rush to move it. But then..... You never know. Collectors have been known to make spur of the moment moves at times.

Hopefully I will get to see your car in person sometime
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2020 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully I will get to see your car in person sometime

Poncho Perfection magazine did a feature on it. I think it was April 2018 edition.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2020 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again with the mention of "poor man’s Chevrolet Corvette". I disagree. Anyone could buy a used Corvette if not brand new.

Ferrari styling was the aim, never Corvette. Jeez!
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2020 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which Fiero do you have?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock