Started on: 12-25-2019 11:35 AM
Replies: 9 (323 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 12-27-2019 08:30 PM
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2019 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car.out for a Christmas Day cruise spotted on I81 in West Virginia.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2019 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2019 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always nice to see someone out driving a collectable.....Too bad that Pontiac didn't pump the Indy engines up- should have been able to get 115 HP out of them at least...
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone fixed that issue in ours :-)

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4963 posts
Member since May 2001
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful engine!

You know, I love my V6; The sound and the way it performs and even how it looks.....But to have a hot 2.5 and then go to a race track meet and burn down a bunch of spinners....."But the Fieros were all junk- especially the Iron Duke engine!"....(Muhaha!)

I have read that they were actually able to get somewhere around 350 HP out of a bored and stroked Iron Duke.......and it was turning 7000 rpm...
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of a Super Duty 350 hp can and has been done but an iron duke not so much. The crank is weak and not very much room for an increase in bore size. It is what it is, a cheaply made econo motor. The Super Duty was designed to be a racing engine and has all the strong pieces needed for that task.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, this engine is quite the crazy set-up. The body only has 16k on it and it was an Arizona car for most of its life.

We are still working some things out on it but can't wait to see what we get out of it in the end.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2019 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

Out of a Super Duty 350 hp can and has been done but an iron duke not so much. The crank is weak and not very much room for an increase in bore size. It is what it is, a cheaply made econo motor. The Super Duty was designed to be a racing engine and has all the strong pieces needed for that task.

I meant the SD version......Certainly two different engines- but basically similar; Either way, it is always fun to mess with people who know "Common Knowledge is always right"....I enjoyed telling people that my '99 Formula 'Bird was getting 31 MPG on the highway (And was a 13.5 sec 1/4).....Had a CG officer tell me, "No F-ing way!" Boy was he mad....(His Volvo wagon only got 23 MPG highway) "Four valve DOHC engines are better in every way!!!!!"

F-Chic...How did you find a Fiero with only 16,000 miles? That is amazing (Except for ones parked in Museums)
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2019 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lucky find. I was emailed by a guy in our area who needed help moving 5 cars when his family fell on tough times. We were able to find all 5 of them homes for decent prices and one of them found it's way to us :-) Its revitalized my husband's love for Fieros so its it's awesome.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock