New finds by Bubblhd90
Started on: 12-19-2019 03:24 PM
Replies: 0 (182 views)
Last post by: Bubblhd90 on 12-19-2019 03:24 PM
Bubblhd90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The army base where I work obviously has barracks and parking. I saw this notchback there, tires flat, covered in dust with a for sale sign in window. I finally ran down the soldier owner and was told: not running, no spark , but $300 would do it! Of course done deal. It’s an 85 Iron duke with absolutely NO frills, automatic, and 180k miles. A new coil, fluids, and, oh, battery and it roared to life, high predilection and within moments idled down and purred sweet, no noises.
Headliner was very tired otherwise looked good. It cruises at 70 on freeway and the peeling black paint gets me stares.
A couple months ago I saw a 87GT advertised on Craigslist here in Colorado Springs. My post HS car was exactly like this one.
The owner explained he was third owner and this had been ordered from GM by one of the factory employees and it was loaded with every option. The car was garaged and in great shape with some faded blue paint. Guy said it has a “bad” oil leak and too busy to fix and too many cars. I got him down to $4,350 and headed home.
The oil leak was a very leaky oil sender and the emergency brake needed new cable, done! In the cavernous trunk I found 1987 GM campaign binders for all 87 cars, NOS parts and, a completely intact pristine Accesory pouch. $4,350 seemed like a dood deal. The bride has since pinched off the check book.
I’m still struggling with my 87 Gt 3800 project but I have found a super fellow in “Olejoedad” and he may finally put me over the hump. Happy Holidays to everyone.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock