f40 trans by madbrad01
Started on: 12-18-2019 09:25 AM
Replies: 6 (308 views)
Last post by: madbrad01 on 12-19-2019 03:48 PM
madbrad01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talking about road racing with a buddy, and i was thinking i need a manual gear box.Well i did some searching on the f40 and the price for some parts are getting up there.So my question is whats the norm for a swap?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the price for the F40s going up and since you basically have to replace or modify everything... $2,500 to $4,500 is the normal range depending on engine used, what parts you make vs. buy, and how much you spend on the clutch.
Import a transmission from Europe to do a final drive swap and you can add another $1,500 to $2,500 to that as well.
madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I my as well do a vette.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a great transmission, but when you have to literally change everything to install it, cost will always be an issue.

Having done the swap and the final drive swap, I would do it again and again. No regrets here, I love it!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F23 is always an option as well. Not a 6 speed but stronger than the stock piece. It is another tried and true transmission.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the F23 is a lot cheaper and it uses stock Fiero manual trans axles available eveywhere. Lots of threads about it here on Pennocks.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, I think i'm going to stick with the auto.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock