Carjacking prevention/Surrounding awareness by cvxjet
Started on: 11-24-2019 02:27 PM
Replies: 10 (318 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 12-01-2019 12:33 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2019 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought a Firebird Formula new in 1999- was building a garage for it but at first I was parking it at my Father's house a mile away in a quieter neighborhood. I would drive it over in the evening and drive my Fiero back.
One evening, I needed to drop off a DVD at the video rental on E14th, so I parked and ran in- as I came back to the car I noticed a big 70s vintage Caddy parked 40 feet behind me. As I walk up to my car I see a man get out of the Cad >>With his hand/arm held rigidly down at his side<< and start walking briskly towards me.....
I quickly unlocked the car, slid inside and started it up while closing and locking the door then put it in gear and pulled away- as I looked back I could see the man turn and walk back to the Cad...
I believe this was an attempted carjacking.....So my point of the story is "Be aware of your surroundings!"....So many people walk around staring at their Smartphones.....Not........SMART! Don't allow yourself to become a victim...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2019 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go...

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2019 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ron.....(I still can't post pics here); I was talking to a friend about getting on BART (Transit system) and everyone now is "Buried" in their phone- You could have your hair on fire and noone would notice....So I drew up the above cartoon........

Bottom line, pay attention to the real world...If you are out for dinner or such, TALK to the person sitting across from you! (And watch where you are walking, etc)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2019 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

...everyone now is "Buried" in their phone

Back before cancer and heart disease were linked to tobacco use (or at least made known to the public), many people would engage in their smoking rituals in order to quell their social anxiety. Today, they now pull out their phones at the first sign of uneasiness. Same issue, different method of coping. It's actually kind of sad.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2019 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
East 14th.....says it all.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2019 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just conceal carry.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:everyone now is "Buried" in their phone- You could have your hair on fire and noone would notice....

Yes. It's a problem with the youth of today:

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

Yes. It's a problem with the youth of today...

I don't recall my dad (or myself for that matter) ever walking down the street while reading a newspaper... or worse yet, trying to drive a car while doing so.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-26-2019).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's an Exxon station a few miles from here. I stopped there one afternoon to put gas in my truck, and was watching one of the "locals" stalk me. He stepped off of the sidewalk of one of the stores, and walked over to the pump island behind the one I was using - a good 20-30' from me - and then stood there for a while. Maybe 30 seconds or so. I watched him the entire time from behind my glasses and my tinted windows.
I reached in and got my pistol and chambered a round, and sat there in the door of my truck, while my gas was pumping. (Never showed the gun, but I suspect he might have heard the slide rack.)
As I was sitting there (in my gray camo) he apparently decided he didn't want any of what I had in store, so he wandered back over to his car, jumped in, and hauled ass out of the parking lot.
I have always carried with one in the chamber, ever since then.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-26-2019).]

sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2019 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't escape it, because it's mobile. Putting your face in a cell phone can help you, and I wasn't doing it so...

while living in a very decent neighborhood one youth got into a high speed po-lease chase after waving a gun at 4 nearby neighbors which he didn't appreciate them blowing their horn at him after he violated their right of way. Cops chased him into our neighborhood. I got home and was met at the front door by a scared wife holding a pistol due to the public alert and telling me to start paying attention to her texts in the future. They didn't find him so he was probably hiding in someone's shed or boat.

Youths used to prey behind the college area bars to jack a specific demographic of college kids on foot walking from dorms to the bars for an evening out. One large youth was standing beside a car full of other youths and spotted the 3 of us cutting thru the alley heading to see Jake E Lee play and he headed right toward us. The other two guys I was with started to veer away. I veered right at him holding full eye contact while reaching my hand to my back pocket. The youth re-evaluated then turned around and walked back to the car. Five minutes later inside the club some kid ran in telling the bouncers he just got jacked and beaten by some youths behind the bar.

Another night in a previous house I heard a car crash into the bank in front of my house. Some teens arrived there while fleeing the Po-lease yet again. Could've been worse because I jerked open the front door to assist in what I thought was a normal accident. The teens scattered through the neighborhood on foot as the police caught up to the crash. It was a dead end street so that was their final destination that night even if they didn't crash out.

One night while visiting relatives in a large city, some female youth was running door to door banging on doors scream/crying she'd been raped and to let her in. After 5-6 houses including my relative's door nobody was opening their door for her. I asked why nobody would help her. My grandmother brought me to the window to point out the car in the street about 2 houses way with it's lights off slowly following her. She told me that was the male accomplices waiting for her to get someone to let her in wherein they'd enter and home invade the home owner.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually came up with a theft deterrent for our Fieros......A sign that you can put in the back window....
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock