1987 FIERO TURBO v8 is now mine !! by Fiero Turbo NS
Started on: 11-21-2019 02:11 PM
Replies: 9 (557 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 11-23-2019 08:31 AM
Fiero Turbo NS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All !! well somehow, maybe through my love of Fiero cars over the years I ended up with this car. Possibly a lot of folks here have seen pictures of this car as I can easily find them on the internet when you use the search posted in my subject line. I can't believe I own this car now! Always wanted a V8 fiero, any v8 will do haha ! but this car is neat. Anyway, working on getting it drivable again as it must have sat in a barn somewhere for a long time. Being a mostly chevy guy, I of course wish I had a small block chevy of any generation rather than this N* but hey, what am I gonna do but make it SING !! So far I have put a new Delco water pump impeller and added a Bosch water circulator for the cabin heat just to help it out... N* never had to push coolant so far and I like cabin heat. Tightened up all the myriad of hose clamps and added a few more in places critical like fuel etc... The turbo is still not quite 100% until I get the baby burped (cooling system) I cannot get on with other systems tests. Runs very smooth, nice soft motor mounts and excellent exhaust sounds like a regular v8 not a crazy loud v8 that most have due to lack of space. Anyone curious about the car drop me a line, although I may only be here once a week due to always working on something. Thanks

------------------
lets fix it

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forums! Even if google can find pictures it's always nice to have them in the threads.
Fiero Turbo NS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not sure how to post a current photo here. but here is a link in the following reply below, from before I got the car

I am currently seeking more info on the car, I am definitely an excited new owner!

------------------
lets fix it

[This message has been edited by Fiero Turbo NS (edited 11-21-2019).]

Fiero Turbo NS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Turbo NS

11 posts
Member since Nov 2019

[This message has been edited by Fiero Turbo NS (edited 11-21-2019).]

Fiero Turbo NS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Turbo NS

11 posts
Member since Nov 2019
http://web.archive.org/web/.../turbonorthstar.html

this should work

------------------
lets fix it

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Turbo NS:

not sure how to post a current photo here. but here is a link in the following reply below, from before I got the car

If running a Windows PC, download and install PIP to host and post images here. Max width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.

The cat's in the trunk? Damn, I think it would get awfully hot in there. I don't think I've ever seen this Fiero pictured here before... don't recognize that exhaust system.

Found a recent thread on this car's builder - Jon Lagler is Back

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-21-2019).]

Fiero Turbo NS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Patrick ! yes that's the car. I did not get the shiny cat though haha just the straight pipe was in it. I just returned from the local pick n pull with a small load of awesome custom plumbing from a N* to help sort out the air purge system to keep it cool for good. I feel very lucky to have went there today and stumbled across exactly what I wanted. I've read a lot of threads on this issue, will be plumbing up some stuff tomorrow.

------------------
lets fix it

Fiero Turbo NS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2019 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx....31cd07b1&oe=5E809B96

Patrick, there is a large vent nicely cut out of deck lid, just above the cat/intercooler area
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Turbo NS:

Patrick, there is a large vent nicely cut out of deck lid, just above the cat/intercooler area

Ah... well, there'd have to be!
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2019 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a car I'd coveted in the not so distant past. But it was a long way away and in unknown mechanical condition for a significant amount of money, if I'm thinking of the same car. IMO, the N* needs a turbo. It sounds glorious winding out as is, but to me it's underwhelming in a full sized Cadillac. In the Fiero obviously different, but I can tell it would always lack compared to the brutality of the comparable LS turbo swap. My 4.5 swap is enough to keep up with today's common daily drivers, but not really inspiring. Just fun.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock