Uploading photo's by Skatulaki
Started on: 11-17-2019 08:48 PM
Replies: 30 (524 views)
Last post by: wftb on 12-02-2019 10:06 PM
Skatulaki

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps I'm just ignorant on how the site works, but I'm not sure on how to upload photo's from my PC, the Image link appears to want photo's with a web address ? I'm going to take a wild guess that maybe its set up to transfer photo's from Facebook or other social media. I do not subscribe to Facebook or any other social media and have no plans to do so.

So my question is: how do I upload photo's from my photo section on my PC using Windows 10?
Most sites I'm on have a search my computer set up so that I can upload from my PC!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at the bottom of this page for the big blue box that says "Pennocks Image Poster". Download that software, read the instructions to set it up, and enjoy.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-17-2019).]

oldrock2401

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldrock2401Send a Private Message to oldrock2401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have recently found a site called lensdump. What I have been using to post pics and works beautifully. Doesn't have the watermarks or limitations as photo bucket does on a free account

------------------
--- 86 GT, my pride and joy (currently undergoing turbo 3.8 swap)

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok downloaded the PIP , but got lost at the auto configuration step for profile, tried username but it didn't accomplish anything. I'm sure its simple, but not when you don't know what the software wants !
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Look at the bottom of this page for the big blue box that says "Pennocks Image Poster". Download that software, read the instructions to set it up, and enjoy.

Yep, that's the ticket.

If using a Windows PC, download and install PIP to host and post images here. Max width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36404 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Skatulaki:

got lost at the auto configuration step for profile... I'm sure its simple

It is. Follow the Automatic Configuration instructions Here.

[EDIT] Actually it's probably even easier to simply follow the instructions on the first PIP thing you clicked on Here. Copy and paste the supplied address.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-17-2019).]

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple my behind, the Monte Carlo forum is far easier ! This is a PIA, Ok I got a couple steps further, but it doesn't access photo's that are uploaded from my phone, it wants pictures, which would be doable with my old phone. I cannot get it to access photo's
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
If it was easy and simple, I would click on the image button, and it would have me browse my PC where I could go to the photo section and upload the image!
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Ok I've spent 2 hours trying seven ways from sunday to upload these pics, PIP doesn't access photo's, and I cant seem to transfer the photo's to pictures folder, and I refuse to upload anything to "The Cloud". I guess I'll break out my antique 5C and take photo's with that so I can get them in the pictures folder. I've had enough for tonight, I'm sure I'm missing something. This separate PIP is so "old school" from back in the days where each website had their own photo software. Arrgh
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I cant seem to transfer the photo's to pictures folder... I guess I'll break out my antique 5C and take photo's with that so I can get them in the pictures folder.

It makes absolutely no difference what Windows folder your images are stored in for PIP... but as previously mentioned, there are size limitations.

Originally posted by Patrick:

Max width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-18-2019).]

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I now have done what you said, I click on PIP and none of the places PIP wants me to access is Windows 10 photo's, it does ask me to go to pictures which my 5C will upload to. But my 5 SE and 8 upload to windows 10 photo's so the path is not the same ! And I can't seem to transfer the pics from Photo's to pictures!

[This message has been edited by Skatulaki (edited 11-19-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BS

Fine, you're on your own.

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not necessarily, since you want to take that attitude about it mr. know it all, hopefully someone else will show up in the next couple days and know what instruction step is missing ! I give you credit because you got me 2 steps further than where I was before, but now you are obviously as lost on it as I am, so fine I'm on my own !
I don't know what I don't know and I fully admit that, I explained what I tried to do on your instructions and tried other avenues on my own and they didn't work!

[This message has been edited by Skatulaki (edited 11-19-2019).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skatulaki, a couple of suggestions, edit your last two posts, remove the BS, and modify the last one "so you want to be like that".

Were all here to help each other, when I first joined, I could not figure out PIP, I was so upset, as apparently you are.

You do not need to pick fights here, we will try to help you get used to the new software and to become a great member of our forum.

I see you were used to using you phone, I usually email the phone pics from the phone to my computer, then upload from there.

That all being said, I've uploaded a quick video , please take a look, let us know how at what point your having trouble.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 11-18-2019).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From my understanding of your posts, Windows 10 "Photos" is a proprietary Microsoft photograph sharing and cloud management application.

As a test, why don't you try uploading ANY jpeg image (below 1024x768 and respecting file size limitation) that is accessible from the PIP file open dialog. This can be from the "Pictures" directory, or any other directory that resides on your C:\ drive. Then post said test image in this thread.

If you can do that, then you'll know that you and how you are using PIP is correct.

Why would PIP be able to peek into the innards of the Photos app? Transferring jpegs from Photos to Pictures (or some other accessible directory) is a separate problem to be tackled.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 11-18-2019).]

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly PIP&indeed PFF is not a tellingbone friendly way to post pics/text. Your frustration maybe comes from knowing how very simple it is on other forums.

On the other hand, it always acts as a great deterrent to posting drivel as it's not worth the effort. Though some may claim I have just managed fine. Good luck... I am now unable to read what I'm typing as it has combined with the text below the text box!!!!
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Kewl Blue I did what you said edited the posts, and will in addition apologize to Patrick, I was not angry with him, just the fact that I couldn't seem to post my photo's!
It had been a long day and a lot of work loading and unloading a car that doesn't run in current condition. It probably didn't help any that I was three drinks of Fireball along.

I will watch you video and try again tonight.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019

Test My Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo when I first got it, Windshield smashed out from hurricane.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019

Test
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Huh that one worked, not sure what the difference is
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019

test My DE Monte
PFF
System Bot
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Test My Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo #1749
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Ok got it figured out finally !

1. PIP doesn't always tell you the file is past size limitations, but once I tried a pic big enough it finally started doing it.

2. Win 10 photo's is an App, but unknown to me, the photo's go into Pictures as well, was going into a folder in pictures, and since the folder was closed and not showing the pics like the other folders, I didn't realize it was there.

3. I had to resize all the pics in pixel mode, and since this is something I have never had to do before, I had to figure out how to do it. Right click pic, Edit , Resize, Pixel, Type 768 in the top box and the bottom box automatically changes to 1024. You have to do it for each and every pic, if you keep seeing the number 100, then you have simply forgot to change it to Pixel. Pixel is not the default in the resize mode.

4. My apologies to Patrick

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you have passed the forum IQ test!...

Patrick will get over it....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-19-2019).]

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update , I found that , that didn't always work either, on several photo's I had to go into the resize again. and put 768 in the bottom box and 564 would show up in the top box,
I hope admin can Re Channel my frustration and results into an instruction page !
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect you are using a form of the old Microsoft 'Paint' program that comes with the operating system. It is buggy and often does not do what you have asked it to do. The 2 boxes with the pixel numbers are connected to maintain the aspect ratio of the picture. You can get properties of the picture after you save it and find out if it is good. Overall file size should easily be under 300 K in about every picture if your horizontal pixel count is somewhere under 1024.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update , I found that , that didn't always work either, on several photo's I had to go into the resize again. and put 768 in the bottom box and 564 would show up in the top box,

That happens when the picture has the portrait rather than landscape orientation.

I hope admin can Re Channel my frustration and results into an instruction page !

Doing what you've managed to do seems like basic computer literacy / problem solving skills; I think it's a stretch to expect Cliff to handle that...

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 11-19-2019).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And if you still want PIP to work... Most time you have to "Run as Admin" because Windows UAC etc won't let it to update the server data each time you start it.
Windows doesn't give a warning, error, etc. when it happens. Not even in "hidden" system logs that I've seen.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok this has nothing to do with the site: I now have an iPhone 8 and when I try to upload the photo's to win 10 , I've found I can only do a few at a time because it only uploads as 2 sec video's and I doubt I can post these. I so far have not found a way to just upload photo's from iPhone 8. Grrr
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now you can upload directly from a phone and use a Mac as well. Cliff just changed everything, PIP no longer required. The only thing I noticed was you have to wait a bit untill you get told your photo got uploaded. With my Mac I have to let all my pics load up in Photos then highlight the thumbnail then click on "choose". 45 seconds or so and it is uploaded. I have not tried my phone yet.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors