Lost Fiero Indy possibly found by Skatulaki
Started on: 11-05-2019 10:36 AM
Replies: 51 (1549 views)
Last post by: Skatulaki on 05-23-2020 12:35 AM
Skatulaki

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran across a Fiero the other day sitting in the weeds, dirty and rough looking, but mostly complete except for radio system. Then I noticed the Indy badge on the what I will call grill for now, I know they only made a couple thousand, and the seats have the speakers. The only Vin I could read was on the front fender which checked out to be a legit 84 Fiero Indy last known to be several states away. How do I check to see if it was stolen or if there is a lien? The current owner says he got it from a friend, who got it from someone who passed away, so its origin is to me rather questionable. It also has a black GT Deck on the back when it should have a white one with a spoiler ( I believe ) car is white. It has the right 2.5 4 cyl and 4 speed, that looks like it would start and run with a battery and new gas.

No key , no title, scratched up bad, very dirty, drivers door wont open, missing sound system, 4 flat tires, only 2 original rims. How much should I offer the kid for it, other than to just haul it out of his yard?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Run the vin through car fax or get in touch with the local police and ask them to run the vin. (they will only tell you if it is stolen) If its clean, getting a title depends on where Green Cove Springs is located at. Each state does things a little different. As far as price goes... sounds like it is not worth much to the current owner. See if they just want it gone and work up from there.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny, I just tried that, the local city cops said they don't offer that service, so I called the State Boys, after finally getting through, they said call the County Sheriffs Dept, I said "who do you think sent me to you", They said "oh" and said they would check, I gave them the Vin and asked them to text me back. They said they don't have the means for that. To call back in an hour, yeah right like any of them are going to do it, let alone answer the phone with it when I call back. Let me tell you in this state, they won't even arrest someone for stealing guns even when you can tell them who did it!

God Bless the Second Amendment because Cops are not worth a ( choose moderated word of choice ) when you need one, but when you don't there will be 15 cars on the street looking for one guy to be 2 miles over the limit.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Easy 8 you are from Jacksonville and you dont know where Green Cove Springs is?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post the VIN here and a number of Indy experts will respond.

No title usually means scrap value only, $300 minus removal costs. Indys are not cheap to restore. esp. the interior.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-05-2019).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may be able to get the DMV to run the VIN. I did that with a junk yard Fiero I bought to be sure it was clear before I started putting money into it.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Post the VIN here and a number of Indy experts will respond.

No title usually means scrap value only, $300 minus removal costs. Indys are not cheap to restore. esp. the interior.

I’d go a step further. Tell him you’ll do him a favor and haul it off for him. Bad paint, flat tires, no title, don’t know for sure it will run...it would cost me north of $3,000 to restore it, including paint. And that’s about what it might be worth after all the work and money is put in.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
send me PM with VIN will let know if it is an INDY
RT

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in S. C. By your posts you are in Florida? If your state has a Bill of Sale, be sure to get one. Also, you may be able to get a scrapper or salvage yard to run a stolen vehicle report & each state has a wait period, 3,5,7 days for that report to hold up in court. Your DMV requirements may vary & this report may be only for that state & the National(nation-wide) folks could have a different out come.

If Florida doesn't have a Bill of Sale form, simply write your own up; Seller, Buyer, VIN number, amount, new/used, mileage, address where bought, any known liens. Add statement to the effect: To the best of my knowledge, these facts are true. Sign & print names w/license numbers. get it notarized & share copies. Best of luck. Sold my Indy pace car a few yrs back, wish I still had it. Rick
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skatulaki:

Easy 8 you are from Jacksonville and you dont know where Green Cove Springs is?

I know where Green Cove is but I was not sure you were in that one. Good luck with getting hold of the car and pulling it out. If you need any help let me know.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha - Ha Easy8 , had to razz you a little bit , being neighbors and all !
PFF
System Bot
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Thanks guys I'll try the DMV suggestion, and a couple others!

If it checks out, it will be a nice add to my Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo, I could get addicted to this collecting rare cars thing.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try this:

https://www.nicb.org/vincheck

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ha - Ha Easy8 , had to razz you a little bit , being neighbors and all !

No worries at all. I a, pretty sure I saw the car you are talking about on a craigslist. That looks like a fun one to get out, and makes one wonder how it got in there. Good luck and the offer still stands if you need help.

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, its not that one, That one is a GT and looks far worse than it does in the picture, I looked at it too! I have a deal going with the owner of the one I'm talking about . We've worked out a price, now we are working out some extra money to get some tires on it so I can tow it away.

As far as helping me out goes! Do you have any rims with crappy but hold air tires that will fit it? Even better yet 2 original 84 Fiero rims with air holding tires?

I haven't researched yet what tire model they came with, but I will probably try to find a set.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2019 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Also Easy do you have a shop or service of some kind?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The early Fieros (SE/GT/Indy) came with 215/60-14 size tires- not a lot of options for that size tire; AT Tire rack they have 2; BFG Radial TA, and Riken Raptor HR- I can tell you that the BFG TA is nowhere near what they were back in the 60s-70s...Around 1990 they reformulated with extremely hard rubber- you can probably get 200,000 miles out of them- but they stick as good as Iron...Feels like they are running on teflon!
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I gone and done it I bought the car for $350, probably $350 too much when you see the pics of it. Its # 560 on SuperchagedV6's list,
VIN # IG2AF37R6EP253125 Manual. Looks horrible for only 56,970 miles. Looks like somebody crashed into something with it and did some front end
damage, and did a crappy job trying to repair it. It has a GT rear deck and black back fascia which threw me off. but the Vin on the Fender and the VIN under the windshield matched despite how rusty the VIN plate is, and it was on Super's list. It has the Indy badge on the front fascia, the steering wheel, and you can see where it was on the seats.
Super has the car in Fredricksburg VA, and there is an Appomattox inspection sticker on the windshield.

The origin is a little dubious as I mentioned before, the kid I got it from, got it from some old man who had it sitting on his property and saw him driving around in his 87, and gave it to the kid as a parts car. The old man has since passed away, and according to the kid I got it from the old man got it from someone who abandoned it on his property, and that he didn't know who any of them were.

This will definitely prove interesting. I'm uploading some photo's to record my restoration journey for the benefit of mine and all ya all's entertainment. I will also
appreciate any and all advice and sources, including those who might have an interest in my Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo, on the Monte Carlo forum.

Thanks Yiannih
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Well I was going to upload images, but the site appears to want images from a web address, doesnt seem to let me upload from my PC ?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...the site appears to want images from a web address, doesnt seem to let me upload from my PC ?

Solution posted in your Other thread.

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Finally figured out how to post the pics, Now you will see the challenge I have!
PFF
System Bot
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
I think once I get the shop vac, wash bucket, scrub brush , upholstery cleaner, get it cleaned up, and some rear wheels on it , it wont look so bad! First I'd like to find
two of the white painted rims like what are on the front, Get it cleaned up before I roll it into the shop, then get title clear, ( took these pictures just in case ) ! Then
after rolling it in shop remove front end. There is a piece of metal bent badly near the radiator, but it appears the Space Frame is fully intact, and that it would run. If I had a key, battery, fresh gas, and new battery frame.

One of my friends tried to talk me out of getting this car, but I'm getting more into it, now that I see what people are doing with them!
FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're planning on restoring it, you've definitely got a long way to go. Most of the Indy interior is missing (Door panels, carpet, dash, shift knob, possibly the armrests I can't tell if they're wrapped from the pics). But you've got the horn emblem and the bumper emblem, and the seats (after a fashion). Don't scrap the seat covers. You can't get the inserts anymore, but you may be able to get them cleaned and have an upholstery shop cut the covers apart and sew the inserts into new covers.

Being a Southern car (yes, I consider Virginia Southern, I've seen some of the cars from there, and they don't seem to rust like PA cars do.) the frame shouldn't be rusted too badly.

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I forgot to post the pic of the seat backs

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2019 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
I haven't taken pictures of everything, there will be more to come, when I have time to get to it! yes I plan to restore it.

Schools of thought !

1. Restore completely original, is impossible, if anything non-consumable has to be replaced, its not original.
In my opinion, unless everything came original with the car, it will never be original !!

2. Restored original : See above only with, Replaced parts that are OEM !

3. Restored : Restored with available and or Replacement/ aftermarket parts!

What ya'all think?

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#3! You can make it look like original, while using aftermarket parts that will improve its performance and comfort. Other things like the seats, they are toast, but Mr Mike can hook you up with a new set of covers in an original design pattern. So, you can end up with an improved vehicle that still looks very original. If you plan to use the car #3 will be your best bet. On the other hand, if you want it solely for show use and collector value, then #1 would be your best option.
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parts are out there. Remember an Indy is a factory modified 84 Fiero. Some of us have been collecting Indy specific parts for years. My advice is get it sound mechanically then worrie about getting all the Indy stuff.
I've been working on one of my Indys recently. I'm doing what I call a rattle can restoration. I take a part off, wire brush it to get all the rust off, or replace it. Re-paint it and put it back on. It will take time, be patient and it will be all worth it.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the buy, that took some work to pull out I bet. Good luck getting it back on the road. Once you do we will have to take the Fieros to cars and coffee in Jax. There is one other maroon GT that goes as well. What is better than a Fiero in a car show.. well three!
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a right & left door Indy panels that might work for you. (fare condition.) I will look and send you photo, may have arm rest also, will have to check. If you need a rear facia I do have one from a parts Indy.

Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hay Easy, It was a bit of work, all four tires were flat, and when I got there the kids father had moved it, so he used his dads truck and pulled it out to where I could hand winch it on to the transport trailer. On a hunch I asked the kid if his dad had an air compressor ( he did ) and we were able to blow up the two front tires and one rear doughnut.

My hand come along could only pull it a few feet at a time, so after four or five resets, we had the back wheels over the ramps and with air in 3 of them were able to push it the rest of the way.

I get home and was by myself so my only choice was to put a couple blocks where I thought it might roll to, and hand pushed it off the trailer, well it turned some and rolled right past the blocks and into a stack of cement blocks and side of the shop. A beam was there so all the car did was bounce off the blocks and beam, and no harm was done to shop or car.
Considering how hard it was loading I never thought it would roll off that easy with a flat donut on the rear! Lol
PFF
System Bot
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Thanks Paced for the offer, I'm going to remain non committal at the moment, as the door panels and arm rest are there, they are just very dirty, and I believe they can be cleaned up. All the carpet looks pretty good as well, just needs cleaning! The headliner is toast as may be the sun visors. I might take you up on the rear Fascia, but I'm not spending any more until after Dec 15th.
I'm definitely going to need the fender badges, and the rear deck and wing.

But right now, I'd like to find 2 white rims for the rear
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Ohio, I like that term "rattle can" . I fully expect my Dewalt cordless and a bunch of wire wheels to become casualties of the project !
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update, cleaned the first 10 layers of Florida jungle reclamation ! Spot tested cleaners, can't get the drivers side door open! Grrr
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Not sure how to get drivers door open, from the looks, the outside door panel is last on , first off, but since the door wont open, and even after removing panel and manual actuation, it still wont open!! Sprayed Some WD 40 on door latch but I doubt it help! Looks like I might have to remove front end, so I can get to the hinges and free door up?
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI, if anyone is looking for one of these special edition Fiero owners magazine for that someone for Christmas..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-...c:g:2MwAAOSwHB5d4IzK
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not sure how to get drivers door open, from the looks, the outside door panel is last on , first off, but since the door wont open, and even after removing panel and manual actuation, it still wont open!! Sprayed Some WD 40 on door latch but I doubt it help! Looks like I might have to remove front end, so I can get to the hinges and free door up?

Have you made any progress with the door? As an FYI, PB Blaster is better at loosening up rusted parts than WD40. Might be worth a try. Thing is, if the door lock has ahold of the anchor pin attached to the door frame, not sure if getting to the hinges is going to help too much, you'll still have to deal with that anchor pin. Just my $.02. Hope it works out for you, these rescue stories are cool!

BR's,

Mark

------------------
65 Tempest 400 CID
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6
2015 BMW 535iX M Sport
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I set aside the door issue for the moment, I want to get the car in my shop so I can take apart the passenger door further so I can see what I am dealing with to get drivers door open. That way its not out in the elements. I need to make space in the shop.

Making new space in the shop:

If you do this at home, I highly suggest not drinking while you do it !

I like to document my adventures for both my entertainment, and for others, ( sometimes to advise others of what not to do, as well as get a few laughs ), when I get too old to work, I figure I'll try writing !

Ok so I set about building a second floor in one bay of my shop, its about 30 ft high on one end and 20 on the other ( just guessing ) so plenty of room for second floor storage.

I go to Home Depot and get me 4 8ft 4x4's 10 10ft 2x4's and 5 sheets of 3/8 plywood. Now keep in mind here that I'm 57 years old and only 5' 4" and I'm getting started on building an 8ft structure with no ladders. ( So obviously I hadn't at all thought this through and was making it up as I went along )
I get to work and I need 2 10 ft 2x4's and 2 9ft 6" 2x4's and get them screwed together and put them on top of the 8 ft 4x4's then put it together from there, WRONG! It wasn't strong enough and I ended up replacing one cause the wood split. So I re-thought it and screwed 3 more 9ft 6" 2x4's on the ends and in the middle, and another 10 ft 2x4 perpendicular at the 4ft mark to make it strong enough to move around. Then I screw the leftover pieces on the ends of the 4x4's to help hold the frame while I raise it all in the air. I then get it all lined up.

At this point I take a break and decide its time to break out that bottle of White Hennessey, that you cannot buy in the US, unless you buy it from friends who go to the Carribean Islands/Bahamas/etc!

So I start getting it raised up, and after each adjustment, a couple sips of Henn, about 3/4 of the way up , down it comes, the cement blocks I was propping it up with fell over. and one shatters, so another glass of Henn and I start again, (slightly different technique) again about the same height the same thing happens, and another block shatters !
Now I don't have enough blocks left so I got to come up with plan C.

2 more glasses of Henn later, plan C is to use the poles and walk them up and use the blocks and whatever other heavy stuff around the shop to keep the poles from sliding!
Well plan C worked, got it up in the air and drank another glass of Henn to celebrate my success, ( maybe 2 more, by then I wasn't counting ) I finally decide to go in the house so I get up out of my chair and head for the house. I trip over a cardboard tube of copper pipe that I had moved out of my way earlier, busted my glass, and thought well I'll just lay here for a min before I get up. An hour or two later I wake up on the shop floor pretty amused at myself and picked up my phone and called my buddy and we both laughed our butts off for about half hour telling him the whole story.

So today I go back out there with some more wood. ( sober this time ) I started securing the frame to the poles using my roll around bench as a scaffold, and now its all tightening up, it was just sitting up there un attached. I did take photo's but my new iPhone 8 wont upload photos to Windows 10 it loads them up as video's Grrr
I need reinforce it some more I think, but that will be easier now with the main structure in place.

By the first of the year, I hope to have the Fiero Indoors, so I can really get to work!
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2019 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Piddled around with it a bit last weekend while I was also building second floor in shop!

With some inspection of the passenger side door, I was able to lube and with a screwdriver pry and twist, and pound on door frame with palm of my hand until

drivers door finally opened. To my delight I got a 3rd verification on VIN#. I piddled around with it some more to try and get the latch to work properly, but sadly I still need screwdriver to get door open still any way !

I'm so far surprised at the amount of bare metal in this car.

I also went to the local junkyard to see if I could find anything, no fiero stuff at all, but they did have a Firebird with a really good looking set of gold colored factory Rims
that might look good for the meantime.

Another weekend of construction and I should get the car moved inside.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2019 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also went to the local junkyard to see if I could find anything, no fiero stuff at all, but they did have a Firebird with a really good looking set of gold colored factory Rims
that might look good for the meantime.

Another weekend of construction and I should get the car moved inside.

Cool project. Oh just to mention Firebird wheels are a different bolt pattern. You need 5 x 100mm
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock