Started on: 11-05-2019 10:36 AM
Replies: 51 (1567 views)
Last post by: Skatulaki on 05-23-2020 12:35 AM
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you sorted the title issue out at all?. Getting the title sorted would be my first stop before I put anything into that car although it looks like a good project and worth saving if you do.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

IP: Logged
Skatulaki

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No Dave I have not, I have a couple things I have to do before I do that, I'm not buying anything for it yet anyway, all I'm putting into it right now is stripping it down, and deciding where I want to go with it.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
OK , I got it into the shop, and began stripping it down. Man this car is dirty, making a mess in my shop, lol, I thought I cleaned the front out pretty good the other day LOL!
Right full of dirt, leaves, sticks, ants, lizards, and who knows what other critters!

I thought the radiator was broken at the bottom, and when I got the cap off I didn't see any but some, fluid spilled on removal. So even though the aluminum part of the rad frame
was broken at the bottom the vanes were apparently not leaking. The fluid looked very good so thats a good sign.

It definitely took an impact of some sort but not apparently a serious one as so far the only damaged parts, appear to be the lower radiator frame, ( excuse my lack of
knowledge on nomenclature on the parts) , the rubber splash piece and metal piece that that hold it to the bottom of the radiator frame.

The radiator bent but not leaking, shroud and fan missing, the a/c radiator also bent, not known if leaking or not but probably R=22 and an upgrade would probably be a good idea. Will need side lights, turn signal lights. Possibly needs front fenders and fascia ( not determined yet )

Still need to clean more dirt and leaves, but so far the Space Frame seems in really good shape, some but not much rust. A couple pics!
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Been working on getting the passenger seat out and its been a real chore ! I can say right now, this car is gonna be go Big or Go Home ! At least labor wise !

I got the 2 front nuts out without much trouble, and the door side rear one with some difficulty, and a u joint extension and hammer to get it seated. The inside rear, I couldn't see or find and the slide rails were rusted and no amount of WD-40 seemed to help, even though it did free the latch.

So I had to get creative. So I think about it for a while and hmm. I drilled a hole in the front of the slide, screwed in a wood screw ( so the screw would break before bending slide ). Got a screwdriver hand hammer and started pounding. Looked like it was moving bit not sure. Got a BFH and 3 screws breaking later, got it where I think I can get a wrench on it.

Going back to work on it. Be back later tonight.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Got the passenger seat out but the Drivers seat is proving to be more demanding! urg

Found Boomerang CD whoever they are !

Pic of radiator

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
pic of radiator
? wont let me upload that one, no biggie
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics were not that big or blurry when I first uploaded them! Hmm
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would soak all bolts in penetrating oil for days before trying to take them out.

jn

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working on it some this week due to unexpected time off. I made a lot of progress. Got much of the interior out, got the carpet out of the trunk out. was disappointed to find out the car has also taken a hit in the rear and that the middle of the trunk is crinkled up. This explains the black Rear Fascia and maybe GT Deck as well. A previous owner banged the car up, and just fixed it with what was available cheap is my guess.

So far this car is a mixed bag of stuff either very well standing the test of time, or just not having done so at all. The weather striping is in excellent shape. Much looks very good condition. Some not that good.

Photo's in next Post.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
Rear Trunk krinkled up and pushed too close to Muffler which cooked some paint off.

Rear Fascia, and Taillights Removed

Back Side of Rear Trunk Carpet

Front Side of Rear Trunk carpet broomed off

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Skatulaki

82 posts
Member since Nov 2019
View of Rear trunk from other side.

Radiator I thought Broken but apparently not

Both seats out, have removed some more interior since then

PFF
System Bot
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back ! The year didn't start out well for me, and from the looks, it hasn't gone well for about 40 million others this year. At least I'm still working which I am gratefull for! I have spent most of the spring working on shop improvement instead of the Fiero. It cost me $150 dollars to just paint 2 bays concrete floor, so I decided I needed a better plan. I work for a road striping company so I asked the boss if I could have some of the empty paint barrels, he said take all you want. So I began taking the newly empty white ones with some sludge at the bottom, and I would paint a few square feet from each barrel, I painted the whole outside slab, and am half done with 3rd bay inside. problem is white shows all the dirt and stains easy. However it is highway paint and is not going to come up, so at least I have a good primer coat down, and saved my self at least $450.

I'm getting the urge though, soon I will be back to work on the Fiero, as well as my Dale Monte !
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock