engine cradle bushings fun by jim94
Started on: 10-22-2019 01:31 AM
Replies: 4 (360 views)
Last post by: jim94 on 11-25-2019 02:00 AM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2019 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i did aluminium cradle bushings. rear ones easy, front ones not so much. to say i picked out the rubber to get to the metal. that took 3 days not too bad. hear come my outher problem, last december i had a clutch installed in my car. hear is a list of things that where just not right , grease in side left rear rim[cut cv boot] master cylinder gasket rubber seal was sucked in letting all the brake fluid leak in the front trunk. when thay lay over the cradle for the clutch install the engine motor mount now has a big crack in it and it is not that old. so then i prep to break loose the axel nut and it was not even tight. oh i forgot my rear sway bar was loose and the emergency brake was not adjusted. the mechanic shop is 2 1/2 hrs away from me and this cost me about 2,000 dollars. the clutch does work well. i am doing a cv axel[passenger side], ball joints, toe links. my wife told me the garage door ripped my spoiler off my car. i am fixing the stansions now. i didnot talk to my wife for a week and a half. it is siting in the living room . let me say one thing, i hate cv boot grease and i will stick to working on my own car. sorry it was so long.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Flying_Dan

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2019 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll find most shops don't know how to properly work on Fieros. It may not be the main things they'll get wrong, but many of the smaller details specific to the Fiero that get missed. It happens with most older cars, but a transverse mounted rear/mid engine car adds to the challenge.

Kudos to you for pushing through the work and keeping your Fiero on the road!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2019 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most Fiero owners set the rubber bushings on fire with a torch and let them burn out. Of course the cradle must be apart from the powertrain to do this.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i will tell you the service station, it is gt service center in florida. thay work on fieros too. i am not a mechanic but my hobby was working in dirt modifieds in my younger years and i raced carts in new jersey. i was a draftsman and am a verry detailed person. well i am done rebuilding the drivers side, new ball joint and toe link rod, brakes rotors cleaned and serviced. i have everything apart but the cv axel. i have cv boot grease all over everything .i am glad it is getting cooler in florida[not 90+] and i donot move to fast. it may take me another week to finish the passenger side, i clean, i paint. jim94
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2019 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i finished my car today

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock