Fiero restoration with a deadline by Cameron416
Started on: 08-01-2019 07:29 PM
Replies: 5 (305 views)
Last post by: Cameron416 on 08-02-2019 07:50 PM
Cameron416

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2019 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cameron416Send a Private Message to Cameron416Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In June of this year i bought a 4cylinder gold manual 1986 SE, a few weeks later i bought a donor that is a 1987 SE 6 cyl auto. Ive been working on these cars for about a month and a half mostly dissasembling and cleaning parts. The 87 is almost completely stripped of the smaller things and body panels, I need to drop engine because its going into the other car. I need to have the car done by the time i get my license, hopefully late October. I will have many questions to ask, hopefully you all can help me starting with, How do i post pictures?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The red and blue tile at the bottom of the page links to Pennock's Image Poster ("PIP"). It is an FTP program, requires a windows-based machine, and has distinct limits on file size and image size. Hope this helps, sounds like you are about to be real busy. Good luck, and post all your questions and progress when you can.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CJB118:

The red and blue tile at the bottom of the page links to Pennock's Image Poster ("PIP"). It is an FTP program, requires a windows-based machine, and has distinct limits on file size and image size. Hope this helps, sounds like you are about to be real busy. Good luck, and post all your questions and progress when you can.

Yes, a typcial cell phone camera picture will be much to large to upload with the PIP. Be prepared to shrink it down about 75% before the program will accept it.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
generally, restorations and deadlines don't mix. Fieros seem to be a good example of that problem, with a lot of technology that was very new when the cars were built. You will get a lot of support here, but we may not be able to save you from your optimism.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CJB118:

The red and blue tile at the bottom of the page links to Pennock's Image Poster ("PIP"). It is an FTP program, requires a windows-based machine, and has distinct limits on file size and image size.

PIP... Maximum image width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.

Cameron416

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cameron416Send a Private Message to Cameron416Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

generally, restorations and deadlines don't mix. Fieros seem to be a good example of that problem, with a lot of technology that was very new when the cars were built. You will get a lot of support here, but we may not be able to save you from your optimism.

Im hoping mine can be different but fear not i have a backup. If i dont make it in time, I will drive my brothers 2009 aveo while hes at college

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock