Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Idea's on what a C8 modified to look like a modern day Fiero GT would look like.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Idea's on what a C8 modified to look like a modern day Fiero GT would look like. by Capt Sport
Started on: 07-24-2019 11:49 AM
Replies: 8 (802 views)
Last post by: batousai666 on 08-01-2019 03:43 PM
Capt Sport

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt SportSend a Private Message to Capt SportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I'm a long time Fiero fan, and long time lurker. I have an 87' GT I've had since 1991, it's a project in waiting. Keeps getting bumped by my other passion, boats. I lurk most of the time to see what you guys are up to.

Anyway I've searched the forums and didn't see anything on the subject so I thought I'd share my thoughts. After discussing the new C8 Corvette with my brother on reveal day, it dawned on me that it would be cool in my mind at least to take a new C8 and turn it into a modern day Fiero GT, much like the Trans Am guys did with the release of the new body style Camaro. I have exactly zero skills when it comes to photo shop but I would love to see what you guys can come up with as a Fiero rebody of a C8.

I realize this is totally an unrealistic undertaking in real life and no one in their right mind would do something like this, but for those of you that have photo shop skills, I would love to see what you can come up with. While your renditions are totally your own I'd like to see the old GT taillights and wing in the design, as a tip of the hat to the old school GT.

I can't be the only one who at least had the idea upon viewing the only other mid-engine car GM ever mass produced. Just looking at the C8 I see a few things that remind me of the Fiero, that rear trunk for example is totally a Fiero throwback.

Cya,

jr
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, that would be something to see. I sometimes consider the C8 to be the modern day Fiero and it would be great to see a rendering for the sake of nostalgia.
BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It pretty much already is what a modern Fiero GT would look like in my opinion. Any changes to make it look like a fiero would mostly be steps backwards as far as tech, aerodynamics, things that aren't legal for production cars nowdays, etc. Maybe shorter wheel base and v6 engine? Less curves and styling maybe? Although I would love to see one with photoshopped popup headlights, notch back, fiero wing and tailights like you said.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have long held the opinion that there will probably be a body kit released at some point, in the same theme as the "T/A" that is built on the Camaro platform.

What it will look like is anybody's guess, however. I suspect that they won't sell many of them, based upon the price of the "donor".
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For at least a decade a guy has been driving thru my neighborhood with what is obviously a 68-82 Vette with a Ferrari 365 GTB fiberglass body on it- I have no idea what this does for him; Anyone who has even a drop of car knowledge will know it's phony (Especially from the engine sound), and the people who don't know are not really worth talking to. I would rather have the original Vette body......

Maybe he is "Horizontally Disabled".........
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

For at least a decade a guy has been driving thru my neighborhood with what is obviously a 68-82 Vette with a Ferrari 365 GTB fiberglass body on it- I have no idea what this does for him; Anyone who has even a drop of car knowledge will know it's phony (Especially from the engine sound), and the people who don't know are not really worth talking to. I would rather have the original Vette body......

Maybe he is "Horizontally Disabled".........

Truth be told there are probably 1000 times more people that have no car knowledge than do, and have no clue.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pic posted for CVXJET

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not like the rear of the C7......It basically spits on the history of the Vette. The Vette has always had a wrap-around rear window (Except the tunnel-backlight from 1968 -77) It tries to look more like a Nissan GT-R from the rear- Bleck!!!

So I took the pic and slowly modded it to give it a VETTE wrap-around window, a lower rear fender line, a molded in rear spoiler (Why do people want a tacked-on spoiler? All Vettes have it!) and I cut the front fender vent down so there is some fender actually showing....
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2019 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seen the C8 on Sunday
the best side view I got with no people in front of it. photoshop that Mutha!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-01-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock