Badge meaning? by ChuckR
Started on: 07-22-2019 04:10 PM
Replies: 5 (757 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 07-24-2019 04:44 PM
ChuckR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckRSend a Private Message to ChuckREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all your local noob here. I have searched and have not found an answer yet... The Fiero badge, is it a bird? a Pegasus? Does it have a particular meaning behind it? At a passing look it is kind of a stylized Firebird "Fire Chicken". The more I look at it the more I cant tell what it is other than it has wings I think? Is it Rheagal the dragon? Please help I want to know!!!

------------------
"HICCUPP" 1988 2.8 GT Ocelot SS exhaust

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if there is any meaning behind it but it is a Pegasus.
ChuckR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckRSend a Private Message to ChuckREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! it is for sure a Pegasus then. OK! It has been driving me absolutely crazy. Now that someone else has told me this I see it clearly. I mean it could still be Rheagal With Queen Daenerys on it's back coming to me ... well i guess maybe a dream then.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a Pegasus as that was what the car was go8ng to be called going into production.

At the 11th hour the killed the name and went with a Fiero. It was so late they kept the emblem.

Why they killed the name I am not sure as I never heard a confirmed reason. I assume it was due to issues with the rights on some conflict with some other product?

Fiero was chosen according to the story it was found by John Schinella in a late meeting in an Italian dictionary by chance.
That is the official story given by Pontiac and John.

Please not Pontiac at the time owned the rights to the name Fiero that had been used in 1969 on a Firebird show car that was called Firebird Aero Concept hence Fiero with the merging of names.

Note too to get 5he clearance and rights to a name legally takes time and money so you be the judge on the name. The late night find to me was a good PR story vs just saying we used a old show car name.

If the Pontiac story is true then what are the odds the same name Fiero was found and used twice by the same automaker being found in a dictionary late at night?
Zentaury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZentaurySend a Private Message to ZentauryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the many reasons why I love the Fiero is because of the name and his "spanish / italian " meaning. And I am happy to think that I own a "poor's man Ferrari" hehe!

As far as we know...

Pontiac did everything as possible to create a car that would resemble a Ferrari... they even dared to create the Mera!

Obviously for the name they looked for a word that was similar to "Ferrari"? And why were they looking in an ITALIAN dictionary?

The Pegasus for me is clearly an evolution of the Ferrari "Cavallino Rampante" and they made the logo to look similar in structure to the Firebird / Trans Am.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually it is a Unicorn, just with out the horn

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock