New guy by Tesadorn
Started on: 07-21-2019 11:47 PM
Replies: 14 (452 views)
Last post by: wftb on 09-02-2019 03:17 PM
Tesadorn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2019 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TesadornSend a Private Message to TesadornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just registered after looking around a bit.. Seems like a treasure of info!

Well, I just bought a non running 86 GT for 700.00 could not pass it up... I had one when I was young and always wanted one to play with... Its VERY rough but the body is intact. As soon as I learn the forum Ill post pics.... In the meantime is there a good resource for electrical diagrams? apparently an animal (my guess rat) ate thru part of 2 harnesses as it sat for 7 years///
Also I had to cut the belt as the water pump and alt are seized for now.... It does crank though....

Thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link to my Dropbox file. It is the factory service manual for the 1987 model but it applies to yours also:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b...ce%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

The popup will ask you to register but there is a "No thanks" button at the bottom. The direct download link is in the upper right corner and again, hit "no thanks" on the popup window. It is over 1,000 pages long.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-22-2019).]

Tesadorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TesadornSend a Private Message to TesadornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! That's awesome!
Vicophine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tesadorn:

Just registered after looking around a bit.. Seems like a treasure of info!

Well, I just bought a non running 86 GT for 700.00 could not pass it up... I had one when I was young and always wanted one to play with... Its VERY rough but the body is intact. As soon as I learn the forum Ill post pics.... In the meantime is there a good resource for electrical diagrams? apparently an animal (my guess rat) ate thru part of 2 harnesses as it sat for 7 years///
Also I had to cut the belt as the water pump and alt are seized for now.... It does crank though....

Thanks in advance!

I think I saw that one for sale recently by me! Hope to see you around at the local shows!
Tesadorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TesadornSend a Private Message to TesadornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was listed in Inkster... Sat in detroit for 7 years in a field...
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its VERY rough but the body is intact.

Sat in detroit for 7 years in a field...

I don't wish to be a buzz-kill ... but perhaps have a look at this video before you get too far into your project.

As soon as I learn the forum Ill post pics....

If you're running Windows, then use PIP (created by the administrator of this forum). Max image width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-25-2019).]

Tesadorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TesadornSend a Private Message to TesadornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Mine is not that bad BUT it is bad... I knew this going in.. either way as a parts car and practice for my son it will fun to strip down and see how bad it is.... If its to far gone for repairs, ill just cut up the tub and buy a roller from the south...
Tesadorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TesadornSend a Private Message to TesadornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tesadorn

19 posts
Member since Jul 2019
Album

[This message has been edited by Tesadorn (edited 07-25-2019).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! I'm living in Canton MI right now, NEVER seen a Fiero here. Definitely pull back the trunk carpet, and take off the wheel liners and check the upper rails. You can get an 86 Factory Service Manual in The Mall section here, or off eBay cheap, it has all the electrical diagrams and everything else you'd need. There's one for sale now with a $10 starting bid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vi...d:g:6TcAAOSwhXdc50G8

Same with the wiring harnesses, those look shot.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just from looking at your pics I am willing to bet there is more rust in the usual places for sure.

Welcome to the forum as well!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2019 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Tesadorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2019 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TesadornSend a Private Message to TesadornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! thanks for the link I am sure it will save all sorts of time and pain!. haha.. I am in the middle of moving and the new garage will have a lift so I am waiting for that to strip it down and check to see if its salvageable... If not I'll pickup a roller this winter...
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2019 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome Michigander! Hope to see you at the car shows!
I'm working on an 88 coupe with my son too(2 yr old) lol he loves sitting in the car pressing all the buttons while I tinker with it. Fun fun!
Tesadorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TesadornSend a Private Message to TesadornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, question for the experts... are the frame and cradle the same for the 86gt and the 87gt? I ask because a parts car is available and I am wondering what I can use from a 86gt to rebuild a 87gt
Thanks!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2019 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes they are both the same, welcome to the forum. The 88 cradle is the only thing substantially different from the early cars. The 84 cradle has no provision to mount a V6 but not that much different than 85,86 and 87's.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock