Hey Cliff! Is your car yellow now? by David Hambleton
Started on: 07-20-2019 09:25 AM
Replies: 14 (551 views)
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 07-31-2019 01:28 PM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2019 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see the Fiero in the upper left has changed. What's the story? (Maybe Ive missed something somewhare... )
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2019 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe it's the 1986 GT that this young man owned:

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2019 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, it's Tyler's Fiero. In Honor of the 10th anniversary of Tyler Shipman's Memorial Car Show which is on July 27th.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2019 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Cliff! Its Tylers Toy! In honor of the 10th Anniversary. #PAYITFORWARDFORTYLER

If you look on the main page for PFF you will see three articles about Tylers story, beginning with the lower one. //www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi

The website for the event: www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ty...pmanmemorialcarshow/

The 10th Anniversary Memorial Car Show is July 27th in Frazee MN

Camp Shipman has also opened up again for campers (alot more fun than a hotel)

Check out the main thread

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098650.html

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-20-2019).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2019 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, you just made me tear up. What a beautiful thing to do to celebrate Tyler, the show, and the build!

Thank you sir!
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2019 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even got the black spoiler right! Good catch.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2019 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! What an absolutely wonderful addition. VERY well done Mr. Pennock.

From my best to your best... May everyone involved past and present prosper with the knowledge of this experience. Thank you all for a time when hugs were free. Just thank you.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 07-20-2019).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2019 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Cliff, you just made me tear up. What a beautiful thing to do to celebrate Tyler, the show, and the build!

Thank you sir!

Says your from MN.

You should swing up this weekend to Camp Shipman, or at least come up to the show on Saturday
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2019 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Says your from MN.

You should swing up this weekend to Camp Shipman, or at least come up to the show on Saturday

Funny you should say that. I am one of the build team members, and have never missed a Camp Shipman/Show. In fact, I've threatened to walk off the job if the boss didn't approve the vacation time for me for past shows. I would never miss this.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2019 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Funny you should say that. I am one of the build team members, and have never missed a Camp Shipman/Show. In fact, I've threatened to walk off the job if the boss didn't approve the vacation time for me for past shows. I would never miss this.

Guess I don't realize who your are in real person...

See you Thursday
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2019 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Guess I don't realize who your are in real person...

See you Thursday

You can see Synthesis AKA Chris on the right in the yellow shirt (that's me on the left) painting DIY_STU's car a few years ago. More info on that here

I knew NONE of these people when the call went out from Tyler for help with his car. Despite that, in a couple short weeks, I was on a plane from South Florida, to meet some guy from Texas (DIY_Stu) who was landing around the same time as me. We rented a car, and drove the 3 hours to get there. We picked up quite a few more Fieros and others along the way to Frazee. It's now 10 years later, and so many friendships have been made. It was, and still is one of the most significant spontaneous things I have ever done in my life.

I know It is only a week away, but this is one car show NOT to be missed. If you had not planned on going, maybe it is time for one of those totally spontaneous trips. I can absolutely promise you will not regret it. JUST DO IT!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-21-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2019 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Cliff, what a wonderful thing to do!!!!!! Wow! That image is AMAZING! You got the color, the "Fiero GT" on the windshield, the black spoiler, right down to the Scion TC wheels! Did you do this artwork yourself? I would love to have the full size / resolution version of it if you would not mind sharing it.

Here is a picture of the real car that I took. It made the Fiero Store calendar for 2012, for the month of July of course

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-21-2019).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2019 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best weekend ever. Yes, I will be there. Thursday convoy, Friday Camp Shipman dinner, Saturday car show and the Sunday Turkey Days Parade. Frazee hospitality has always been second to none. Join us. You'll be glad you did. It's not about the cars; it's about the people, people!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016, 2019

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly little bump to the top as everything pretty much officially kicks off tomorrow with the Thursday Caravan heading up from the twin cities. This will be my first time missing the Thursday caravan, as we will not be leaving until in the afternoon

So looking forward to seeing everyone again. This one weekend recharges my mind, body and soul for almost a year. I say almost as when April / May rolls around, I feel disappointed that it is still a couple months away
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2019 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What an incredible weekend! Exceeded all expectations.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016, 2019

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors