In need of a new antenna by edfiero
Started on: 07-02-2019 02:29 PM
Replies: 10 (431 views)
Last post by: Orig88GT-NC on 07-05-2019 07:23 PM
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to replace the old girl's radio antenna. Checked on Flea bay and didn't see any used ones for sale, but saw AC delco selling a stock like replacement.

Anyone know how well this compares to the original??

https://www.amazon.com/ACDe...e=1985+Pontiac+Fiero

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an original I'm willing to part with.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fierostore.com/Product/Search.aspx

doesnt work, just search antenna there

shem

[This message has been edited by shemdogg (edited 07-02-2019).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

https://www.fierostore.com/Product/Search.aspx

doesnt work, just search antenna there

shem

Someone ordered that from them and said it had a Dorman part number of 720-043 on the side. If that's the case then here is the mast:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Do...a:g:ZFcAAOxyn9BRblmW

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-02-2019).]

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies. Looks like the dorman item might be a better match than the AC Delco.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought mine at the parts store; it was probably a Dorman. It was hanging there with all the Dorman and "Help" stuff. Fits perfectly and no shipping charges needed.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one or two spare original antennas that I could part with. Let me know if you want one.

Nelson
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just took my old one to a junk yard... walked down the line of chevy's untill I saw one that looked good.. pulled it and tried to install the old one.. took two or three but found one that it worked on... think I paid 5 bucks for it... that antenna mount was pretty common through out the 80's and 90's.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did something similar but I didn't take an old one along to cross-check. I bought a bunch of stainless antennas. Some of them had different threaded bases and wouldn't screw onto the Fiero stud.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. A stainless steel antenna?
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jumping in a little late on this conversation and I think the OP has resolved getting an Antenna.
But I thought I might through in few notes about the OEM Fiero Antenna to help anybody else looking to replace theirs.

~According to my Fiero Parts Catalog (not aways accurate) the GM Part Number is #15087886, this seems to match the Delco #.
Since the Delco/GM 2000 series Radios were used in the Fieros, it would make sense they used a Delco Antenna.
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Also looking at my original antenna mast, it measures 32" end to tip.

side note: I just put my original antenna mast w/ base +parts on eBay
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock